Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do they actually check how much water bottle we bring into the test center?

orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
in General 216 karma
Hello,

So I have a question about this...
Do they actually check this?
Would appreciate insight who took LSAT...
I was wondering because I have to drink more than 500ml.
How often do you drink during the test by the way?
Which water bottle do you get?

Thanks

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    as long as it's clearly water and is able to fit in your 1 gallon ziplock bag, it shouldn't be an issue. As for me, I try not to drink a lot because I have a weak bladder lol.
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    216 karma
    @montaha.rizeq
    Thanks, good to know.
    Can we bring our own water bottle? Or just the water sold in the store?
    And regarding snack...can we actually bring lunch-like food? Or if we want to bring food we have to ask them? (I saw there's "bring food permission" acommodation and wondering what this was...)
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @orangebeer said:
    How often do you drink during the test by the way?
    You only get access to your snacks & water at the break which is after the first 3 sections. No food or water is permitted on the desks.
    @orangebeer said:
    Which water bottle do you get?
    The LSAC says 20 oz max and no glass. If proctors check it depends on the test center. I saw a few people with 32 oz gatorades in their bags and no one said anything, but they did make a few people with glass water bottles throw them out. The no aluminum is also a new thing I think.

LSAC says: "beverage in plastic container or juice box (maximum size: 20 oz/591 ml)—no aluminum cans or glass containers permitted"
    216 karma
    @stepharizona
    Oh shoot...
    have to be careful then, thanks for the heads up.
  • Wind-Up BirdWind-Up Bird Alum Member
    284 karma
    My university test centre was oddly relaxed about the size of our water bottles. I brought my main 24 oz water bottle outside of my ziplock bag along with some smaller backup bottles, but the proctors didn't seem to mind that I couldn't fit the big bottle in the ziplock. I think the biggest thing you need to worry about is making sure the water bottle is see-through and not glass.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    I try not to drink a lot because I have a weak bladder lol.
    Oh man.... Ugh. I hope I can make it to the break...
    216 karma
    @"Wind-Up Bird"
    Thanks, so it sounds like depending on proctors...
    Actually, I'm gonna take the test as an accommodated student so it might be only me and the proctor in the test room.
    I wonder whether he/she will check it strictly...
    I also need to use some medical items so...
    I read somewhere ppl wanna bring tea/coffee there. Can we do that? I mean...bring multiple beverage?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    You may want to check with accommodations and see if they'll allow extra liquids due to your medication requirements.
    216 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright"
    Thanks,
    I'll contact them then.
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" thats why it's good to mimic test day conditions when doing timed PTs. I think what you drink and eat for PT days should be exactly the same or similar to what you will consume game day.
    11542 karma
    Plus I hear eating or drinking something similar on test day will help trigger memory :)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Prepare for the worst proctors and enjoy if you have a more relaxed situation - hopefully you can scope out your test site before test day. The girl in front of me had a gallon bag with a few pencils and a snack bar - practically empty) but had her clear water bottle in her hand. They made her open her bag and make it zip before they would continue to check her in.
    edited October 2016 284 karma
    @montaha.rizeq, @"Alex Divine"

I got in the habit of chewing gum during PTs, which helps with the stress. The chewing and the smell of mint also kind of tricked me into thinking I was just writing another PT.

Also, the stress ended up hurting my bladder more than it hurt my performance... I kept taking sips of water while I was anxiously waiting before the test, and ended up drinking around a litre of water. I'll never forget the pain and relief I felt during both the break and the end of the exam lol. Definitely try to consciously limit your water consumption on game day!

P.S. @orangebeer, If you do happen to bring a water bottle that doesn't fit into your ziplock, I'd recommend bringing a couple of backup bottles in case you have a strict proctor.
    216 karma
    @"Wind-Up Bird"
    Thanks. But we may need to throw them away right, the back up ones...just wanted to double check.
    Are we allowed to chew gum during the test?
    kind of surprised...
    284 karma
    @orangebeer My backup water was in clear, plastic bottles, so I didn't have any problems with it. As for gum, I'm not sure if you're allowed, but my chewing was totally quiet and (I believe) didn't distract my neighbors, so the proctors didn't mind. You could also bring some mints or hard candy (like icebreakers or something) in a small, clear plastic bag.
    216 karma
    @"Wind-Up Bird"
    Oh but I thought we cannot put food on the desk right?
    Do you mean...you put the candy in mouth before the break ends?
    If we can chew or eat candy actually that would be great cuz I cannot drink coffee in the test day.
    edited October 2016 284 karma
    @orangebeer

Yeah I grabbed a piece of gum right before section 1 and right before the break ended. I found it helpful to relax at start off the test, and I didn't mind chewing on a flavorless piece of gum for prolonged periods of time. Otherwise, I kept the packages of gum and mint in the ziplock and beneath the chair.
  • TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    the water bottle should be placed in your plastic ziplock bag, so they can see it. the two times i took the LSAT, i just took one of those $1 plastic water bottles.

as to how often you can drink water during the test, i think is dependent upon your proctors. during the actual sections, i dont believe you can drink water, some proctors may let you take a sip in between section transitions, but usually people just drink during the 15 min break only, and i think most proctors follow this rule.