Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reporting community college to CAS

dcstyles51dcstyles51 Alum Member
in General 320 karma

Hello! I took a look at putting things into CAS, but for some reason it doesn't have a level for community college or associates? All I see is Bachelor's, Graduate, and Law but the only thing the community colleges could give out were associates. What should I put for this?

Comments

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

Hi!

So, I just looked at my CAS and for my community college there was an option for "undergraduate level" which is what I chose for my community college. Make sure you are not attempting to select your community college as your "Bachelor's Degree-Granting Institution."

• dcstyles51dcstyles51 Alum Member
    320 karma

@"Get Splitty Get Litty"

Thanks for the reply! I don't see that option. I'm clicking on "add other institution" but it only gives me bachelor's, graduate, and law.

• avanavfakavanavfak Alum Member
    28 karma

yes me too, but just pick bachelor, because at the end when you review them, the community college one will only say bachelor but your university will say bachelor degree granting. so they will know which is which.

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

I agree with zobidaalali. If those are the only options choose Bachelor's.

• kzw402kzw402 Alum Member
    27 karma

Do we have to submit community college transcripts?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes.

• bjorncalton44bjorncalton44 Free Trial Member
    edited April 2023 3 karma

It's crucial to select the correct level of education for each institution listed on your application to avoid any confusion or delays in the review process. As you mentioned, selecting "undergraduate level" for a community college is the correct option.
    At first, I didnt notice it at all..

• EricB_LSATEricB_LSAT Member
    10 karma

This is especially true if the coursework took place before your bachelors degree was officially finished. I believe it says somewhere either in the Transcript FAQ on LSAC/CAS.

• Aaron HendrixAaron Hendrix Alum Member
    25 karma

I have dual credits from a Junior College from high school, do these need to be reported separately? They went towards my undergraduate degree (I was there 4 years, I was not a "transfer") so I believe they are on my undergrad transcripts.

• bjorncalton44bjorncalton44 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@"Aaron Hendrix" said:
    I have dual credits from a Junior College from high school, do these need to be reported separately? They went towards my undergraduate degree (I was there 4 years, I was not a "transfer") so I believe they are on my undergrad transcripts.

Typically, if your dual credits were used towards your undergraduate degree and are already included on your undergrad transcripts, then you do not need to report them separately. Admissions officers will typically review your undergraduate transcripts as part of your application process, and will be able to see that you earned dual credits during your time in high school. However, it's always a good idea to check with the specific university or college you are applying to, as their policies may vary. If you are unsure, you can contact their admissions office and ask if they require separate reporting of dual credits earned during high school.