Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

option to minimize, stay minimized?

jenifferkjenifferk Member
edited June 2015 in General 94 karma
@"Alan Cheuk" is there any way for the option to minimize topics stay minimized, even if we go to a different page and back to the course? i thought it didn't save between different computers, and am now realizing going back and forth pages will remove all the clicking i did to minimize topics?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Can you elaborate a bit? I'm not sure what you mean by minimizing topics.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I think she means collapsing.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah I wasn't sure what she meant at first, but then after checking this on the syllabus, if you collapse a section and refresh the page then it opens back up again. Not something I've ever been bothered by since I have used the checkmarks and stars to navigate effectively, but I could see how that might be annoying to someone if that's how they were going through the syllabus.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14050 karma
    7965 karma
    @jenifferk JY JUST MADE YOU A PERSONAL VIDEO

I just died.
    8021 karma
    As of this moment the two of you have identical karma... And I just put you over the top Nicole...
    7965 karma
    HAH ... Ok I just made JY match mine! LOL ...
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Thanks for the suggestion @jenifferk we thought it through and it seemed doable, so we did it :)

The site now remembers the collapse/expand state that you left each class in so that it'll still be like that the next time you return to the syllabus page.

Clicking the Expand/Collapse button at the top and bottom of the syllabus page will, as you would expect, override the individual class states.

Please let me know if you notice any bugs with this!
    8021 karma
    @"Alan Cheuk" killin' it yet again!
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Thanks @Pacifico !
  • jenifferkjenifferk Member
    94 karma
    AMAZING! So much love & gratitude!