I think this should be updated via the study plans tab because it shows that this lesson will take 1 minute. However, the video is a little over an hour.
This was a great lecture. How do i know which lectures to watch at what time? This one was perfectly imbedded with the curriculum we are learning right now, but for other lectures I could join, how do I know what to watch and when? I see live leture times all the time, but am unsure if they are too advanced/i havent learned the concept yet, etc.
@Summer my exact thoughts! I've joined a few classes that were really helpful, but I could tell that I was either missing ocncept, or just certain lingo that other students knew already
This was really helpful! Does anyone else find that the 'harder' questions are easier or more straightforward? I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into why that is, if there's any gaps in understanding that make the other 'easier' questions harder for me. But also I haven't even finished the LR section yet.....
Something that tripped me up with the 4 star difficulty questions is understanding the SC to MC distinction and relationship. Especially in the question about Australia. How do we know that that the mc for that problem is actually the mc and not a premise or sc?
Can anyone explain why the answer choice for the last question(11) can't be A? I know its context but if someone asks "why does Australia have fewer carnivorous mammals than other continents?" to which one would respond "because of unusual sparseness of it's ecosystems." This would make "unusual sparseness" a sub conclusion and answer choice A correct. Is it the addition of the word "probably" that makes the difference or is there another reason?
@tonyBarba Answer choice A would be considered context (phenomenon) not the conclusion, that is why its not the correct choice. We are looking for the main conclusion. "This" in the main conclusion (highlighted pink) is referencing the context (answer A) while giving a (hypothesis) main conclusion.
I suggest reviewing referentials and phenomenon/hypothesis
@tonyBarba I thought the exact same thing. Im assuming its not A because technically A is offering support for an opinion stated by the author due to the "probably" like you wrote. I could be wrong though.
34 comments
I think this should be updated via the study plans tab because it shows that this lesson will take 1 minute. However, the video is a little over an hour.
What’s the best way to incorporate live lessons into my study routine?
This was a great lecture. How do i know which lectures to watch at what time? This one was perfectly imbedded with the curriculum we are learning right now, but for other lectures I could join, how do I know what to watch and when? I see live leture times all the time, but am unsure if they are too advanced/i havent learned the concept yet, etc.
@Summer my exact thoughts! I've joined a few classes that were really helpful, but I could tell that I was either missing ocncept, or just certain lingo that other students knew already
Damn number 11 in the video really tricked me
@Jcruzmed yeah i'm still confused, thought the answer would be choice B
This was an amazing lecture I'd watch more of her lectures if there are anymore due to her ability to explain things so clearly.
i liked this video. i’ll take as many approaches to LR thinking/rationale as i can get
This video was really helpful thank you
[This comment was deleted.]
This was really helpful! Does anyone else find that the 'harder' questions are easier or more straightforward? I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into why that is, if there's any gaps in understanding that make the other 'easier' questions harder for me. But also I haven't even finished the LR section yet.....
This actually helped me
Really great video, I like how the instructor breaks it down. More videos with her please!
Something that tripped me up with the 4 star difficulty questions is understanding the SC to MC distinction and relationship. Especially in the question about Australia. How do we know that that the mc for that problem is actually the mc and not a premise or sc?
How do you create the wrong answer template?
this really helped
Can anyone explain why the answer choice for the last question(11) can't be A? I know its context but if someone asks "why does Australia have fewer carnivorous mammals than other continents?" to which one would respond "because of unusual sparseness of it's ecosystems." This would make "unusual sparseness" a sub conclusion and answer choice A correct. Is it the addition of the word "probably" that makes the difference or is there another reason?
@tonyBarba Answer choice A would be considered context (phenomenon) not the conclusion, that is why its not the correct choice. We are looking for the main conclusion. "This" in the main conclusion (highlighted pink) is referencing the context (answer A) while giving a (hypothesis) main conclusion.
I suggest reviewing referentials and phenomenon/hypothesis
@tonyBarba I thought the exact same thing. Im assuming its not A because technically A is offering support for an opinion stated by the author due to the "probably" like you wrote. I could be wrong though.
this breakdown was so incredibly helpful omg
I liked this video a lot, specifically her clear explanations and annotations of the questions + the notes
I took the time to break it all apart and I managed to get all of them correct! This was so helpful! Thank GOD for Bailey!!
this was beyond helpful!
I think Bailey's explanations are the best I've seen on this platform.
please add more of these to other modules - so helpful!
Incredibly helpful. Beginning of this journey and this is the first time things seem like they've started to click.
This was great
this is so helpful!!
This lecture really helped me. Thank you!