New September Study Group | Sat July 1st, 5pm EST

nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
edited July 2017 in Study Groups 4141 karma

New September Study group! First up: PT 60

This group is for 12 people who are committed to studying and improving their test performance for the September 2017 LSAT. The schedule (which we'll go over on Saturday) is tentative and so you will have a say in the PT schedule and future meeting times. Our aim will be to take at least 10 prep tests from the 60s, 70s, and PT 81. I want the group to be able to tailor the study schedule to meet its specific needs. If you want a say about the date and time that we meet, you need to attend the meetings. Workshops and intensives to eliminate weaknesses will also be made available to the study group. We also have the option to build in a few breaks.

Requirements:

• For everyone: Must be finished with the core curriculum, have a solid understanding of question types, be able to identify the premises and conclusions, understand conditional logic, etc;
  • Come to each PT review sessions with at least 2 priority questions to discuss (because it is highly unlikely we are scoring 180 under timed conditions)
  • Must attend the first or second meeting
  • Must not miss consecutive meetings. Things come up and so an absence is understandable, but if you routinely miss meetings consecutively, I'll offer your position to the next person who expressed interest.

Comment below if you would like me to tag you for our first meeting on July 1st at 5pm EST. We'll be taking care the schedule first, so even if you can't take PT 60 come get your name on the list and then you can head out.

1st Meeting then PT 60 on Saturday, July 1st 5PM ET

Click here to join this conversation: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/992713853

Please click the link and comment if you plan on participating.

You can also dial in to the BR call by using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122

Access Code: 992-713-853

Comments

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

I'm interested.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Hey! I'm interested.

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

I am definitely in! But I will be proposing earlier meeting times as I live in Europe! Thank you for organizing this @"nessa.k13.0"

• NinaSimoneNinaSimone Alum Member
    297 karma

I'm interested.

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I'm also interested!

• 4everchasing4everchasing Alum Member
    74 karma

I'm interested but traveling back to the US on the 1st.

• joe.j.hamjoe.j.ham Alum Member
    88 karma

Interested but won't be in nyc the 1st. May I show up for the following week or does it become waitlist basis?

• MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma

Interested! Thanks!

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@"joe.j.ham" yeah you can show up the following week. The group will become closed off in 4 weeks.

Gotcha @kkrystyna @Gladiator_2017 @theLSATgrind2017 @4everchasing @Mitzyyyy @NinaSimone you're welcome @therealnas

• KWoulf13KWoulf13 Member
    198 karma

I'm back, and in

• doyleorlandodoyleorlando Free Trial Member
    10 karma

Interested, thank you!

• stew2060stew2060 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 13 karma

I'm interested but I can't take the PT saturday because it is Canada Day

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" Are we going over PT 60 this Saturday? Or are we only going to be forming the group?

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

I'm interested.

4141 karma

@therealnas both. If you can't take PT 60 that's fine just show up, provide feedback then you're free to go or review PT 60. @stew2060 I recommend taking the PTs before the day we review them but if you mean you can't attend as well, then attend the next week so you don't lose your spot.

Gotcha @jimmyrivera201 and @KWoulf13 you're welcome @doyleorlando

• stew2060stew2060 Free Trial Member
    13 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" i won't be able to attend!

4141 karma

@stew2060 said:
    @"nessa.k13.0" i won't be able to attend!

Can you attend the next Saturday?

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

Hi im interested!!!!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Hi, I'm interested

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

Are we to take PT 60 for THIS saturday?? Is it a different PT every saturday? So next saturday would be PT 61?

4141 karma

Gotcha @EAyanruoh and @"Pink Dust" PT 60 is this Saturday. Before we review, I'll propose a schedule for the PTs we do till September.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I am interested!

• beth_1022beth_1022 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

I'm interested, thanks!

4141 karma

You're welcome @ilana_1022 gotcha @JustDoIt

• melisaki04melisaki04 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Hi I'd love to join if there is room! Thanks :)

• malbin123malbin123 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Hi, i'd love to join also if there is room.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Hey @"nessa.k13.0" I am jumping back on this train if there's room. Any chance on changing the date though?

• MikaAhlecia28MikaAhlecia28 Alum Member
    38 karma

I'm interested!

• andreastocksandreastocks Free Trial Member
    16 karma

I am interested as well, but I can't make it on the 1st...When is the 2nd meeting?

• Zluke981209Zluke981209 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

I am interested!

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Interested and available that day :)

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

Please tag me as well :)

4141 karma

@RafaelBernard No problem! Let me know what days and times are your preferences and we'll take that into account when we meet.

edited June 2017 4141 karma

Gotcha @dml277 @MikaAhlecia28 @Zluke981209 @"Idil.Beshir" :) You're welcome and there's room @melisaki04 :) and @malbin123

4141 karma

@andreastocks the next meeting is tbd. Let me know your preferred meeting times and I'll include them in our conversation about the time we meet.

• EgmicnogEgmicnog Alum Member
    edited June 2017 19 karma

*edited

• rugangelrugangel Alum Member
    56 karma

I am interested! Let me know if there is still room

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

I am also interested -- is there still room?

edited June 2017 4141 karma

@Martin01 and @Kayyyyyyy yeah there's still room as long as the group is open. It'll be public for 4 weeks then we'll go private and I'll let people know when other people drop out. It's mostly about getting people to commit by showing up and participating. I want the people who show up and contribute to get the maximum benefit of being in a study group.

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

I am interested! Am I able to participate?

4141 karma

@tuc28290 yeah just show up!

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

OK awesome i will! (was just confused bc the description says this group is for 12 people)

What's the general protocol? Take the respective PT beforehand, and do a BR before or during the session? Also, how long do they generally go for? Thanks!

4141 karma

@tuc28290 said:

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

OK awesome i will! (was just confused bc the description says this group is for 12 people)

What's the general protocol? Take the respective PT beforehand, and do a BR before or during the session? Also, how long do they generally go for? Thanks!

So I can't cut off a group that hasn't formed yet. I need to see who will show up consistently and who is committed. Until then it's open.

Generally, we take the test on our own during timed conditions and then mark the questions we want want to go over. I like to BR on my own and then discuss questions with the group for input and insight. Some people just mark questions they want to go over. It depends on how deep you are trying to go with your prep.

Regarding timing it depends because sometimes we'll have more wtf questions and sometimes there will be fewer. I've had short sessions like 30 mins and I've had long ones but I'm aiming for 2hrs. If people have to leave that's cool too--just take off when you need to.

You're welcome!

• mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
    146 karma

holiday weekend, well that's one way to test who's committed! LOL On my calendar for next week. This was my planned day off for a couple of weeks now.

• LsatChicLsatChic Member
    191 karma

I'm interested!

edited July 2017 4141 karma

@mcb4LSUROXS said:
    holiday weekend, well that's one way to test who's committed! LOL On my calendar for next week. This was my planned day off for a couple of weeks now.

Haha I hear it's Canada Day. Luckily, I also wrote you can commit by attending the next meeting too. Have fun today!

Gotcha @LsatChic

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

I might be interested, but not sure if I can attend today...

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I have to go to a wedding today, but I definitely plan on attending next week!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I doubt I'll be able to make it today cause I'm stuck in traffic, but I'll definitely be there next week.

4141 karma

@EAyanruoh @theLSATgrind2017 @johanna586 I'll tag yall but in order to join you just gotta show up :)