Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcript Catastrophe

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member

I know, i'm dramatic.

But guys i'm freaking out.

So, i'm a senior in college and my school just finished my "grad check" so that i'm set to graduate in the spring. All of a sudden they started factoring in my dual enrollment classes from high school in to my GPA. While they are Bs, they brought my gpa down .08 points, which actually brought it down a .1. As we are all prospective law students, .1 is a big deal. (Example: 2.6 to 2.5, trust me, not my GPA but you get the idea). I have not yet submitted my transcript to lsac because I caught this. Will my dual enrollment classes factor in to my lsac gpa? Because my I would LOVE to apply with my actual college GPA.

Help :(

Comments

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

Yes dual enroll classes will factor ~ i had dual enroll in high school that I didn't give a crap about and it brought the LSAC GPA down.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@sillllyxo said:
    Yes dual enroll classes will factor ~ i had dual enroll in high school that I didn't give a crap about and it brought the LSAC GPA down.

I'm gonna go cry, but thank you so much for your answer!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@sillllyxo said:

I'm gonna go cry, but thank you so much for your answer!

So sorry :( I was actually just thinking about this.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

If you got credit for them then ya they will count for your LSAC GPA!

Thought you have to remember, your LSAC GPA will probably be different than your UG GPA and those credits factored in may have a different change than they did at your UG when they did it

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@TheMikey said:

Thought you have to remember, your LSAC GPA will probably be different than your UG GPA and those credits factored in may have a different change than they did at your UG when they did it

So sheer panic is my best option?

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

In the same boat as you. I got a B in a Health class that I took in high school and it's dragging my GPA down (incrementally).

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Unfortunately i think this is fairly common. I graduated with a 3.6 but need to apply with a 3.5 because of a drop : /

Best option is to crush the LSAT.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, echoing all the others above. Any grades received up through your UG graduation will be counted in your LSAC GPA. However, I'll just say this: it's a disappointment for sure that your GPA will be lower than you'd hoped. But there's no use in despair or letting it get to your head! What's done is done, all you can do is look forward. You have the most control over any of your final grades from here on out, and your LSAT score. My recommendation is just to take a deep breath and keep going! You'll be ok. :smiley:

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@TheMikey said:

So sheer panic is my best option?

haha nope because it may be a higher GPA depending on the grades!