Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missed registration date

I can't believe I missed the date to register. I honestly thought I had longer. I have no idea why. I am kicking myself. I can't talk to my family, or they are going to judge me for not marking my calendar. I am venting. February test here I come, and it looks like I will put off entrance until 2019. Good grief. I guess that'll give me some more time to save some money, and my kids will be a bit older also. I am so angry at myself.

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

sorry to hear that. it can be for the best if you make it so. take advantage of the extra time and tell your family you did it on purpose ; )

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@catgonzalez1974 said:
    I can't believe I missed the date to register. I honestly thought I had longer. I have no idea why. I am kicking myself. I can't talk to my family, or they are going to judge me for not marking my calendar. I am venting. February test here I come, and it looks like I will put off entrance until 2019. Good grief. I guess that'll give me some more time to save some money, and my kids will be a bit older also. I am so angry at myself.

Silver linings are a beautiful thing if you continue to look on the bright side. February gives you more time to prep and a chance to do better on the LSAT. An extra few months is indispensable. Also, saving up for an extra cycle sounds like an excellent idea -- never met anyone who said they had too much money saved.

Don't beat yourself up. Shit happens...

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@catgonzalez1974 if it makes you feel better I've forgotten before as well. It pissed me off too but there's absolutely nothing you can do about it so no need beating yourself up over it. I believe things happen for a reason and I'd take this extra time to possibly up your score by a few points. It's all good!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

damn that sucks! :(

if you have the luxury of doing so, maybe push back to June! February is fine, of course, but giving yourself more time for the June test if you're applying next cycle can be a good idea! of course assuming you have stuff to fix with the test that you can practice on. Feb is fine, but pushing to June or even September is also an option for more time! :)

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

cat - I have to agree with everyone else. First, curse all you want and beat up a pillow or something and then when you are done, look at the positive of all this. Extra time to study and save up. You can also still apply to some schools for the fall 2018 - not all but some will take the Feb test. My mom always says "no hay mal que por vien no venga" - take that to heart (and i'm assuming you know spanish by your name! lol!)

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

This is terrible for you. So sorry. But as many have said, it makes best sense to look at this in a "silver lining" kind of way. Hopefully, the extra few months will help you do even better. As @TheMikey said, if you are indeed pushing off till next cycle, consider June or September, giving yourself evne more time.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@uhinberg said:
    This is terrible for you. So sorry. But as many have said, it makes best sense to look at this in a "silver lining" kind of way. Hopefully, the extra few months will help you do even better. As @TheMikey said, if you are indeed pushing off till next cycle, consider June or September, giving yourself evne more time.

Agree with this - if you are def going for 2019 then best to study for the June test with Sept as a back-up. There is a June 2018 study group by @alexdivine starting up in December. You may want to join in.

• 193 karma

Thank you everyone. I took the rest of the day off from studying, and I've readjusted my Study Schedule to February. Maybe it WAS subconscious that I didn't check until the day after the last day to register. Maybe my brain wanted those extra couple of months. I will look at this positively. I will not become demotivated.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@catgonzalez1974 I'm not sure if you saw this or not but they extended the late registration deadline for the December LSAT to November 7th. Not trying to throw a wrench in your plans but thought it may be helpful!

• Daniel BDaniel B Member
    edited November 2017 79 karma

Also, many of the Universities will accept this Feb’s LSAT for this fall’s class. If my December test doesn’t go as well as I want it to I will retake in Feb. But I will still apply for 2018.

And yes as Jack said the late registration end date is now the 7th of November.

• beau.bouldinbeau.bouldin Member
    25 karma

It turns out that LSAC just extended the late registration deadline to Nov. 7th. Per the dashboard page on my LSAC account:

"The late registration deadline for the December 2017 LSAT administration has been extended through Tuesday, November 7, 11:59 PM (ET). The late registration fee will apply. Some test centers may be full, but you can add your name to the waiting list to automatically be assigned to a test center after November 7. For additional information, please call 215.968.1001."

So you can still crush it now (December) or you can crush it later; just make sure you crush it!

• 193 karma

I just saw that notice!!! I'm super excited. I had planned on going to NYC for Thanksgiving, but I would rather take my LSAT.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Very interesting! Thanks for posting.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I came here to look for this post to let you know too, @catgonzalez1974 but the community has it covered. Woohoo!!! Now go crush it.