Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

T14 or Bust?

2»

Comments

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    edited November 2017 2426 karma

@"Seeking Perfection"

I believe our disagreement is whether or not I advocate for lower ranking schools, and I think my post is self-explanatory.

Previously, You've expressed no opinion on what constitutes as the necessary condition for success and I've expressed no opinion on your financial analysis. If there was no opinion on a position, there isn't a point at issue. It's within the 7sage CC and I encourage you to check it out.

At this point, I do not believe any further continuation of this conversation would be constructive. You misrepresent, twist words, add and switch ideas, cheery pick my comments seem to just for the sake of arguing. Now, I'm not gonna make a thread titled "exposing seeking perfection", but in the spirit of not further hijacking OP's thread, I'm going to disengage myself now.

Best of luck with the journey. Sincerely.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"Heart Shaped Box"

The topic of my post was whether Top 14 or bust is a good idea. I with some reservations believe it is, but would narrow it to Top 14 or bust if at full tuition.

You posted about success saying mainly that the school you go to is secondary to how hard you try. If that were the case, one could expect to succeed in getting well paying (possibly big law) employment from bad schools if they just tried really hard. But, that is unfortunately not true.

This means its a really bad idea to go to poorly ranked schools at near full cost. If your assertion that hard work is the primary factor in determining success were true, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea because you could still pay off your debts. I hope you can see the link between the two now.

If you are still having difficulty acknowledging the link between analysis of the return on money spent on education and the determinants of financial success feel free to message me. I think the link is laid out clearly enough here for others.

I didn't misrepresent any of your arguments and cherry picking is just your go to phrase for dismissing errors in your reasoning. I would hope you wouldn't entitle a thread exposing seeking perfection and randomly challenge my lsat score when someone else has already done that and confirmed it(in a particularly crazy way).

Good luck with your journey too!

I hope neither you nor anyone else goes to a low ranked school at full freight with the mistaken belief that their effort will enable them to succeed in paying off their debt!