Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 months

Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
in General 394 karma

I’m going to study full time for 2 months up until feb. which plan should I get? Is the basic sufficient? Thanks!

Comments

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

Welcome!

I think it would help if you gave us a little more information. What was your diagnostic score and section breakdown? Have you studied for the LSAT before? Do you have a goal score, or are you looking for improvement on a specific section?

2 months is normally not enough for most people to do well on this exam. It usually takes that much time to go through the core curriculum, let alone take an adequate amount of practice tests.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I don't know if it is "sufficient" but I recommend starting with Starter and upgrade if necessary.

• Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
    394 karma

145 diagnostic and I used blueprint to try and study for 1 month for december. I cancelled my score since I wasn't ready obviously.

394 karma

Looking for 153-157

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

As @"Habeas Porpoise" has already said, two months isn't enough for most people.

But it's not impossible to get a 153 within two months. You have to get about 61 questions correct in order to get a 153. A 145 means you have 47 questions correct. You need to get 14 more questions.

I recommend that you start Starter course and upgrade if you think you need more material.

394 karma

thanks a bunch. I just didn't know if I should start with ultimate + or not if the starter isn't enough. im not working right now so I can handle a lot of studying

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

The problem is that with only two months you don't have time to take advantage of much more than the starter package. You likely need to get through the core curriculum, start foolproofing logic games, and begin PTing and blind reviewing. That is more than enough to do in two months.

If you asked most people here what they think you should do they would say get ultimate and study until at least the June test. However, if you really are set on February then it's hard to see how you would take advantage of the ultimate package.

I studied for three and a half months and found the combination of foolproofing, the Core Curriculum, and PTing with blind review more than enough to keep me busy so I only ever got the starter pack. I additionally knew from the start that I mostly needed 7 Sage for logic games help. If you want access to all of the lr and rc explanations and not just those from the core curriculum, then you need ultimate.

Good luck!

394 karma

thank you!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'd recommend the ultimate + so you have all of the extras (exams, LG bundle, drills, explanations, question bank, etc, etc.) It's true as SeekingPerfection and @akistotle alluded to above that you likely won't be able to take full advantage of the entire course in the 2 months until the Feb test. That said, I still think you can take advantage of a lot of it. And the question is, what will give you the best shot at doing well in those 2 months. In my estimation, I would say the Ult + which will give you everything you need to do well (aside from your own hard work and time).

Also, should you need to retake, you'll have access for longer with the Ult + package.

4423 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I'd recommend the ultimate + so you have all of the extras (exams, LG bundle, drills, explanations, question bank, etc, etc.) It's true as SeekingPerfection and @akistotle alluded to above that you likely won't be able to take full advantage of the entire course in the 2 months until the Feb test. That said, I still think you can take advantage of a lot of it. And the question is, what will give you the best shot at doing well in those 2 months. In my estimation, I would say the Ult + which will give you everything you need to do well (aside from your own hard work and time).

Also, should you need to retake, you'll have access for longer with the Ult + package.

If we can factor in the option to retake count me as a definite vote for the ultimate too. I was just trying to fully put on my February is the end blinders.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

If we can factor in the option to retake count me as a definite vote for the ultimate too. I was just trying to fully put on my February is the end blinders.

Ahh! Yes! If we are talking strictly Feb then Starter may very well be the way to go for sure, haha. No one to get all you can out of ult + in that short amount of time.

Sorry for the confusion OP!

394 karma

I already cancelled once. Is it possible for me to take feb and then june again or is that too much?I feel like I need to kill my next score but only have one more chance since I blew it the first time... I also signed up for the ultimate + and regret it since I won't have enough time to do it for feb. I REALLY don't want to wait another cycle and my schools I want take Feb...

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:
    I already cancelled once. Is it possible for me to take feb and then june again or is that too much?I feel like I need to kill my next score but only have one more chance since I blew it the first time... I also signed up for the ultimate + and regret it since I won't have enough time to do it for feb. I REALLY don't want to wait another cycle and my schools I want take Feb...

Well, you can always plan on taking Feb (sign up/study as if you're taking it) and then take it if you're ready. If your not, and your PT scores going into Feb are still on the low side, postpone and take in June. I know you might not WANT to wait another cycle, but if that's what it takes to get into a good law school, then it's a no-brainer.

4423 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:

The question isn't whether the schools will take the February test. It is whether they will give out the same amount of merit aid and let you in with the same probability with the February test. The answer is probably not. So unless you get a better outcome than you expect it is usually best to wait and apply again the next cycle.

The potential to do better on a retake is just icing on the cake.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 737 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:

The question isn't whether the schools will take the February test. It is whether they will give out the same amount of merit aid and let you in with the same probability with the February test. The answer is probably not.

What if you submit your app with a Feb score pending? Does that make it a bit better, from what you know? Where to find more info about this? @"Alex Divine" @"Seeking Perfection"

Im on the same boat as @"Drew Alterio" . Its been too damn long and I dont think id want to wait another cycle :(

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@cgracia12 said:

@"Drew Alterio" said:

The question isn't whether the schools will take the February test. It is whether they will give out the same amount of merit aid and let you in with the same probability with the February test. The answer is probably not.

What if you submit your app with a Feb score pending? Does that make it a bit better, from what you know? Where to find more info about this? @"Alex Divine" @"Seeking Perfection"

Im on the same boat as @"Drew Alterio" . Its been too damn long and I dont think id want to wait another cycle :(

You can find more info around this site, TLS, and some admissions books as well. But yeah, you can apply with a Feb score pending, and that can mitigate some of the issues with applying late. But still, you'll still likely be considered on the late side and miss out on scholarship opportunities.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Thanks again, @"Alex Divine"

4423 karma

Toplawschools.com is a decent resource. You could probably also sign up for the 7sage admissions course or ask someone involved with that (I have not signed up for it, but they do a free webinar and answer questions every couple weeks).

It probably helps a little to apply early with a pending score since it indicates you didn't just decide to apply last minute. However, they cannot evaluate your app until they have the LSAT score so they still can run low on spots or money before considering your app.

You also inevitably will lose the some of the ability to negotiate scholarships since you will have less time to do it and will likely have fewer acceptances and smaller scholarship offers to negotiate with(at least some of the schools will be running low on money to give out).

That said, if you get an offer on par with what other people who applied early in the cycle with similar GPAs and LSAT scores wound up with after their negotiations it may be worth it to go. Look at lawschoolnumbers.com for an idea of what fair scholarship offers are for your eventual numbers.

You could also end up taking the June LSAT in addition to February and if it feels like June goes well pulling out of the law school to try again the next cycle.

394 karma

@wjosh said:
    lol

What?

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited December 2017 1501 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:

@wjosh said:
    lol

What?

That wjosh is a bot or spam, whatever they are. Saw him/it on another post! So annoying.

• britgar.09britgar.09 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Hello!

Definitely more than two months is necessary. If you feel that you do better with a more structured study schedule, you should take a class! In any case, you shouldn't worry because your desired score is definitely within reach so long as you study properly and for a long enough period of time.

Good luck,
    Brittany