Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate logic games!

seamusyarbroughseamusyarbrough Free Trial Member
edited October 2014 in General 36 karma
Seriously takes me 10 minutes no matter what. I watch the video explanation and can do it in like 5, but every new PT just kills me. Always turns out I miss 1 or 2 per section of LR, around 5 on RC, and bloody 8 or so on LG because I can't finish. And tips for speed other than just drill?

Comments

• SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    im in the same boat as you but only i love logic games. at first i used to curse them like crazy, but if you keep a positive attitude on them, you'll begin to like them. as for speed, im still trying to figure that one out myself...
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Drill. But do each test many times. The second time you do the test, it will be quicker and clearer. As the clarity increases with each test, you will (hopefully) enjoy the clarity of the logical deductions and applications. This will, in turn, make you better at future LG (since all LG have repeatable patterns). Consequently, better performance and understanding will likely increase your enjoyment.

Good luck!
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    have you been using the fool-proof method for each LG set on the newer preptests?

http://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    I hated them too, turns out Logic Games are now my best section. Scoring around (-1 to -4 max)... Just takes practice, put in the time and you will see great results!
  • seamusyarbroughseamusyarbrough Free Trial Member
    36 karma
    Man if I could get to -1 on LG I'd be set. Dream school is UVA, but don't have a shot unless I can crack 170, which I would have on every PT if I had -1 on LG :/ I guess I'm just being impatient, can't expect to master these in a few weeks....
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    Well at least you are in the mid 160s then, I really struggle with RC, so when I get into the 160's I am the happiest man alive haha
  • JohnDenverJohnDenver Alum Member
    34 karma
    Have you used other sources than just 7sage to learn logic games? My advice would be to go out and buy a manhattan or powerscore book on logic games. Gain another perspective.

For me RC was/still kind of is a killer but I am doing much better after switching from the 7sage method to the powerscore method. Not saying 7sage's method was bad, it just was not right for me. If looking at another source does not help it will at least reinforce some ideas that 7sage taught you.
  • tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
    431 karma
    I used to be in your shoes and I know how it feels. Aside from the fact that I was never able to finish all the games, I would make a lot of mistakes. So, what I did is, for a whole week, I printed out a bunch of logic games I think at least 50 and started doing them, and redoing them and reviewing them. Needless to say, Logic games are my strongest section now, not only do I finish all four games in time, I make 2-4 mistakes max for the whole section.