Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Those who are working and studying, what's bothering you now?

itsahardknocklifeitsahardknocklife Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma

It's difficult juggling work and study. What's bothering me now is that I'm always comparing people's highlight reel to my "behind the scenes". Never fails to make me jealous but I've slowly learnt how to ignore them. I manage it by staying off social media and ruthless prioritization. How about you guys? What's bothering you right now? Vent it here!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited February 2018 3652 karma

I miss feeling relaxed. I’m kind of on edge all the time. Taking studying seriously obviously means it’s on my mind a lot. I feel fairly confident in my abilities and and i’m not super stressed over but I just wish that every single day the most important thing wasn’t the LSAT.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Time. Not enough time. I'm a full time student, part time worker and a mom. Hence part of why I'm still up at 3:28am. And then, I feel so burned out. I'd like to just take it once and be done and move forward. The idea of spending another year like this is to increase my score... ugh. I mean, I will if needed, and I understand the dire importance of a great score and all, but it gets old, ya know?

• KEverett93KEverett93 Free Trial Member
    53 karma

People will look at me funny when I'm on my lunch break studying or when I go to appointments and study in the waiting room. I've gotten passed the dirty looks but it's still mentally draining at some points. Luckily my job offers a little flexibility and I can work from home some days, which allows me to put some extra time into studying.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    edited February 2018 5249 karma

Time. Seeing a dominant belief/myth in society that an undergraduate education is always "enough" education/that there's just one way to do things. And strange work hours.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Time for me as well. I want a full 24hrs where I dont even think about work or school or studying, just one day to let my brain think and do whatever it wants without feeling guilty about not doing work.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

For me it was the constant gnawing of never feeling like I was living up to my potential. I too would get down about seeing others moving forward and feeling stagnant. But once I realized that I don't have to rush this process and I can take as mcuh time as I need the stress reduced tremendously. Now I'm on a 3--5 year plan for attending law school instead of a 1-2 year one and I no longer hate my life lol.

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    328 karma

I'm done with the LSAT, but just wanted to wish good luck to all you work-LSAT people. For me it was the sleep, lack of it. Work, commute, and LSAT pushed me to about 4.5-5 hours of sleep a day. It got rough there for a while... But that score was damn worth it. Y'all got this!