Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Acceptance

goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
edited February 2018 in General 3072 karma

I'm in at Yale Law School.

Thanks for all the great LSAT resources, 7Sage!

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

Yay! Congrats!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

HOLY POOP! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Congrats!!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited February 2018 3072 karma

Thanks, guys!

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Winnningggg! Congrats!!!!

• MsMazamaMsMazama Alum Member
    154 karma

Congratulations!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Mad props!!!—A.c.S

• lsat4lifelsat4life Alum Member
    255 karma

@goingfor99th said:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/iliketolearn

Congrats! Do you mind describing your softs?? 169 LSAT admittance to YLS must be a Rhodes Scholar...

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Yes! This is excellent!

• quora123quora123 Alum Member
    81 karma

Congratulations!

• Radhika.Radhika. Member
    214 karma

WOW!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! that is amazing!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited February 2018 2124 karma

Ohhh snap!!!! Great job and congrats!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Amazing!!! Congrats!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

That's awesome. Are you set on Yale, or are you considering going to another school for a scholarship?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Congrats!!!!

@thrillhouse said:

@goingfor99th said:

Congrats! Do you mind describing your softs?? 169 LSAT admittance to YLS must be a Rhodes Scholar...

Hahah! Not quite that. Let's call it unique life circumstances directly related to the law and a stroke of some otherworldly luck.

Softs:
    First-generation student
    Low-income childhood
    Philosophy and English double major
    Political Science minor
    Graduated summa cum laude
    Logic TA for two semesters, once as sophomore and once as junior
    Phi Beta Kappa (inducted as junior)
    Varied blue collar work history, starting from age 15-present
    3 strong LORs
    Strong PS + DS + addenda

3072 karma

Thanks everybody. :]

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Killing it! Congrats my man :)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited February 2018 9372 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@thrillhouse said:

@goingfor99th said:

Hahah! Not quite that. Let's call it unique life circumstances directly related to the law and a stroke of some otherworldly luck.

Softs:
    First generation student
    Low-income childhood
    Philosophy and English double major
    Political Science minor
    Logic TA for two semesters, once as sophomore and once as junior
    Phi Beta Kappa (inducted as junior)
    summa cum laude
    Varied blue collar work history, starting from age 15-present
    3 strong LORs

Yale is my first choice, no reason to say anything else I suppose. I will attend YLS this fall! YAY!

I’m so happy that Yale accepts people who should be lawyers. Yale is lucky to have you!

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

You put yourself in the best position possible for yourself to get into Yale. Congratulations!

• lsat_studyerlsat_studyer Member
    edited February 2018 8 karma

Congrats!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Woooooo! Yes!!! That’s so awesome, congratulations!!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Woohoo! Congrats!!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Amazing! Yale can do whatever the heck it wants with its applications! Congratulations!!!!!

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

Are you URM?

• Wesley-BWesley-B Alum Member
    172 karma

Congrats! I'm hearted to see someone with your background get into YLS. There is much talk about the difficulty for that specifically to happen. So happy for you to have fulfilled your dream.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Shoot your shot!!!!! Congrats!!!

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

congrats!!! :smiley:

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    edited February 2018 1184 karma

You have such a bright future . Congrats :).

5249 karma

Is this your first choice? So glad you got accepted.

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    328 karma

Damn bro, huge congratulations!!! Remember us when you're in the SCOTUS.

• apawalterapawalter Member
    357 karma

This is amazing!!! BIG congrats !!

@Kateryna said:
    Are you URM?

Nope! I'm a heterosexual white male. :]

Thanks, everyone! It warms my heart to see all the support.

• TexasMadeTexasMade Member
    29 karma

Let em' know about us, 99. Let em' know about the 7Sage community : )

29 karma

99, what'd you score on your last 2 Lsats, and how long did you study for them, respectively. I want accurate timelines if possible, and of course, congrats. Now the work begins.

3072 karma

@TexasMade said:
    Let em' know about us, 99. Let em' know about the 7Sage community : )

lol that is pretty funny! :]

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment.

@TexasMade said:
    99, what'd you score on your last 2 Lsats, and how long did you study for them, respectively. I want accurate timelines if possible, and of course, congrats. Now the work begins.

Final two LSATs were 170 and 169 (my official June score). I went -6 RC, -1 LR, Experimental LG as third section which I totally bombed, -3 LR, and -0 LG.

I began studying by taking a Powerscore course in July 2016, planned to take the September 2016. My diagnostic score was a 146. I took three exams over the course of the next couple months while doing virtually no homework. My score increased by about 6-8 points just by reading over the materials with the instructor guiding us with lectures. My instructor would later become my tutor. September rolled around and I decided I would not take the exam.

Other than the exams I've taken during the Powerscore course, which were full, 5-section exams, I've only taken about 2-3 other full, 5-section exams. Prior to the February exam, I sat myself for three 4-section exams over the course of four days. I scored 160, 160, 162. I wasn't ready for February, so I withdrew my registration the night before the exam. I didn't take any other four or five section exams until I had that 170, which was a 4-section exam.

I went insane on the LSAT and devoured everything I could by doing LR and LG by type. I was downright obsessive for a long time about the differences between LR types and especially LG board types. Towards the end, I reliably did 5-8 LG sections per day, timed. When I did LR, it was more like 4-6 sections per day. I slacked on RC (hence the -6), but I still surprised myself with the 21. I think I've posted my so-called 'stats' before, but to me they seem silly. I killed myself over this test lol.

Something like 1000-1200 LG equivalent, timed and untimed. I can't recall how many LR but at least 200 sections equivalent, timed and untimed.

Oh, and I sat for the Digital LSAT in May, which I scored something like a 163 on because they made us use a pen for LG........

Sorry guys, I might be a little 'tired' right now. ha

If you guys ever want to see some of my LSAT work, I love to share! :]

edited February 2018 5249 karma

Yes, happy to hear about your study experiences. What made the difference in your LR improvement?

3072 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Yay, you're a Sage now!!! This is awesome. Maybe you'd possibly be interested in an AMA webinar in the future if you have the time?

I'm not a sage, I don't think. ;]

--

--

5249 karma

@goingfor99th, An amazing score regardless!

29 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@TexasMade said:

Final two LSATs were 170 and 169 (my official June score). I went -6 RC, -1 LR, Experimental LG as third section which I totally bombed, -3 LR, and -0 LG.

I began studying by taking a Powerscore course in July 2016, planned to take the September 2016. My diagnostic score was a 146. I took three exams over the course of the next couple months while doing virtually no homework. My score increased by about 6-8 points just by reading over the materials with the instructor guiding us with lectures. My instructor would later become my tutor. September rolled around and I decided I would not take the exam.

Other than the exams I've taken during the Powerscore course, which were full, 5-section exams, I've only taken about 2-3 other full, 5-section exams. Prior to the February exam, I sat myself for three 4-section exams over the course of two days. I scored 160, 160, 162. I wasn't ready for February, so I withdrew my registration the night before the exam. I didn't take any other four or five section exams until I had that 170, which was a 4-section exam.

I went insane on the LSAT and devoured everything I could by doing LR and LG by type. I was downright obsessive for a long time about the differences between LR types and especially LG board types. Towards the end, I reliably did 5-8 LG sections per day, timed. When I did LR, it was more like 4-6 sections per day. I slacked on RC (hence the -6), but I still surprised myself with the 21. I think I've posted my so-called 'stats' before, but to me they seem silly. I killed myself over this test lol.

Something like 1000-1200 LG sections equivalent, timed and untimed. I can't recall how many LR but at least 200 sections, timed and untimed.

Oh, and I sat for the Digital LSAT in May, which I scored something like a 163 on because they made me us use a pen for LG........

Sorry guys, I might be a little 'tired' right now. ha

Thank you for such a detailed response. And thank you for your honesty. Sometimes, from my experience, high scores are shady about how much time they actually spent studying and practicing. So I appreciate your honesty, after all, we all know the lsat is not easy. I'm new to 7sage and am already in love with the program/content. Took my first diagnostic yesterday, scored a 152. I need a long way to go. Thanks for putting in perspective what it takes to crush the lsat. I've already printed part of your response and posted it on my wall (not facebook wall, my actual wall) haha Thanks again for the response, and Congrats on your score and accomplishment. #MakeMommaProud

Thanks! I appreciate your kind words.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Congratulations!

• just.jaubsjust.jaubs Alum Member
    38 karma

Hooray, congrats! Thanks for sharing!

• sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
    373 karma

Amazing!