June'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 54 | Tuesday, Feb 20th | 7:30 pm EST [Ended]

twssmithtwssmith Alum
edited February 2018 in Study Groups 5120 karma

June'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 54 | Tuesday, Feb 20th | 7:30 pm EST

https://media.giphy.com/media/N8HaPqnkQETss/giphy.gif

I hope you're ready or gearing up to start PTing for the June 2018 LSAT. Join us this Tuesday if you are finished with the CC.

Provisional Schedule: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=f3n8s2l60gkgm2ju8m8kk4vhn4@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Note:

For everyone: take the PT under timed conditions; BR as you are able on your own; then join us for all or part of the call—everyone is welcome.
Note: For the purposes of the call, we like to check our group blind review score together at the very end of the call :) So at least don't say ... "No guys, really, it's D, I checked it.” KEEP THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOURSELF. Win the argument with your reasoning.
These groups work best when folks from ALL stages of prep and with all different goals join in! Not just for "super-preppers" and definitely not just for the casual LSATer (does such a person exist?).
The only expectation anyone has for these calls is for you to have fun and ask questions as you desire. We are just a bunch of LSAT lovers who gather via GoToMeeting and intellectually slaughter each test.

Mark any questions you wish to go over on the spreadsheet below!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wLCip2bbWWD_h3WqGqBY6YaGPGdGQdSsr3gnphKYdxo/edit#gid=0

June'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 52
Tue, Feb 6th, 2018 7:30 PM - 11:30 PM EST

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/851725797

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (786) 535-3211

Access Code: 851-725-797

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##851725797
Cisco devices: 851725797@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

June 18' Study Group Discord Link: https://discord.gg/kpGkYx6

@BinghamtonDave @Freddy_D @tringo335 @achen013 @airborne1 @SiliconJedi @abernardi @TaylorAnn @Moniagui22 @Sarah_39 @"Lauren L" @kjsmith914 @Brazil020511 @attalla253 @tmickjr__ @jourdan.gardner @Gladiator_2017 @nima250 @"Adam Hawks" @"Lizzette G" @meganqliu @lizgu316 @LSATlife @"Paul Pederson" @CJF_2180 @aguirreliz92 @"Jay Lee" @canadalegalbiz @shannon_ @"Shawn Nguyen" @manan1996narula @btownsquee @"Shazia..." @lsatplaylist @Guillaume @"Marco Antonio" @"Jamie Lynn B" @smartaone2 @justicedst @Jay_Camp @Chandymen @jbodnovich @RJmazo14 @yahejazi @ziegler6 @JayClarke242 @TheSailor @Kermit750 @CoffeeBeans @lakish2010 @JURISDOCTOR35 @samantha.ashley92 @Grace... @greybrownblue @ohnoeshalpme @Ignatius @J.CHRIS.ALST @akriegler @lzkosman @sillllyxo @TheNotoriousRBG @necessarynaomi @"forest.dearing.2017" @alyhobbs @alafuente @vrendonvasquez @akriegler @"alexandra.marlene" @jkatz1488 @moonrider919 @missmalo @"Kings Never Die" @chisal17 @amatthews304 @"Human Becoming" @Hamaseh_S @adultish_gambino @dazedandconfused @danny_d5 @pasu1223 @alyssamcc0593 @LCMama2017 @chisal17 @estouten25 @ChaimtheGreat @rochelleb180 @ecarr_12 @Christina-5 @"cynthiaelizabethhernandez" @demiiisodaaa @jimmyrivera201 @baileybd2929 @chicaryss @Sadaf529 @saberati @"Mia Fairweather" @"Idil.Beshir" @djdjjdjd @"chang.richard.94" @LauraC829 @yuanyuan1205 @"marino.zach" @zoemichaelabrown @MarieChloe @beezmoof @"paulmv.benthem" @benhancock68 @"Do the right way"

Comments

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    602 karma

First time participating, I'm excited.

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@JerryClarke242 said:
    First time participating, I'm excited.

Yay! Look forward to meeting you:)

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

I'm going to sit this one out because I got back from holiday and now I've picked up something nasty :disappointed: I'll be back for 58!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@"Adam Hawks" said:
    I'm going to sit this one out because I got back from holiday and now I've picked up something nasty :disappointed: I'll be back for 58!

Get better!! Calls aren't the same when you aren't reading the stimulus :(
    Hope you will be back for 56 :wink:

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited February 2018 5120 karma

Please take advantage of the google spreadsheet to enter your priority questions for us to cover on the BR call:)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wLCip2bbWWD_h3WqGqBY6YaGPGdGQdSsr3gnphKYdxo/edit#gid=0

Looking forward to going over the questions that David and Yara have already entered and hope everyone will enter their priority questions too.

For anyone that is new to the SG calls, shy or has technology issues with a mic and you see someone requesting a question that you would like to go over, please still enter that question on the spreadsheet. One of the greatest parts of the calls is when people interact to work together with different thought processes to learn from that question. There is no pressure to participate in the discussions by entering a question on the spreadsheet, however multiple requests for a question helps give an indication of a curve breaker question for a more thorough review during the BR call.

On the calls: everyone is always welcome to listen without interacting, post questions/analysis in the chat or be actively engaged verbally in the calls. Up to you and your personal choice for participation to gain the most from the BR calls <3

602 karma

I took the PT but I didn't have time to BR it yet. Can I still listen in?

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@JerryClarke242 You are always welcome to join but I recommend not - personal BR is where most of the learning happens and joining would actually harm your studies missing out on challenging your own thought processes during a BR and the knowledge you will gain.

The calls will always be here for you to join when it works with your schedule, no rush:)

If you have any questions after your BR, please reach out to me or post in the forums and we will make sure you have a clear understanding of any question !!

602 karma

@twssmith said:
    @JerryClarke242 You are always welcome to join but I recommend not - personal BR is where most of the learning happens and joining would actually harm your studies missing out on challenging your own thought processes during a BR and the knowledge you will gain.

The calls will always be here for you to join when it works with your schedule, no rush:)

If you have any questions after your BR, please reach out to me or post in the forums and we will make sure you have a clear understanding of any question !!

Oh, that makes sense. Sorry about that. I thought I would be able to BR today, but stuff came up. I guess I will join you guys another time.

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@JerryClarke242 It is all good, take care of yourself and your studies and use the BR calls tas a support for what you are doing:) Hope you can join next week!!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Have a great session everyone! I'm still drilling away and hope to be back next week.

• Do the right wayDo the right way Alum Member
    181 karma

I also want to be part of this Study group. I am preparing for June LSAT '18. Please add me to the list .

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited February 2018 5120 karma

@"Do the right way" said:
    I also want to be part of this Study group. I am preparing for June LSAT '18. Please add me to the list .

Look forward to seeing you on the next call:)

Edit - I added your tag but it isn't appearing in the drop down list - will follow up to make sure you receive notifications about next weeks call :)

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Thanks to everyone joining! I learned so much :)

For me, being a part of BR calls is most valuable when everyone has a voice asking for help on a weakness gaining insight from others and then having confidence with their strengths to help another person on the call to guide them to understanding for a breakthrough "AHA" moment. It really was awesome to listen to everyone working together and supportive of each other.

How great can it be when you put yourself out there to ask what you "think" is a "stupid" question and realize that others had a similar dilemma or hadn't recognized that they should have had an issue with their thought process? How great was it for those of you that challenged yourself to guide someone else? On the AMA's, JY talks about finding opportunities to be the "tutor" and hope these calls provide the opportunity to be on both sides for knowledge gained. After being a part of many SGs, you all are building a very strong and special group and hope that I can be of any support for the group leading to June.

Learning from those that came before us on 7Sage caring about our community and sharing their experiences, I am most excited that people are taking breaks from PTs to recognize potential burnout or to do intensives to focus their studies! The SG BR calls are supplemental and hope people join only when it works within their schedule and their study plans.

Very excited about your future and appreciative to be a part of your journey <3

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

I wish I could love this Tyler! We are growing a pretty special group, if I do say so myself. Y'all are awesome, and it's a privilege to learn and to grow from each and every one of you! You guys keep me honest--I love when my weaknesses are examined because it makes me stronger. And, I am slowly getting to the point where I can help others with questions. This really pushes me, and I know this is such a rare opportunity. Looking forward to next week! Happy studying!

• Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
    221 karma

Focusing on fool proofing for a while guys,keep at it I will be back in a few weeks!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@teamteamvicster said:
    And, I am slowly getting to the point where I can help others with questions.

Haha, it is not slowly getting to the point to help others, you have been doing that on every call I have joined. You have always been engaged to work through questions on your weaknesses; now you are just making a shift to believe in your strengths for what you know to share with others on the call. That is very exciting for us all! I learn from different people's perspectives and that is what is so valuable when people share their insight.

Many people do not realize how hard it can be on the BR calls to not "tell" someone how to find the correct A/C for a question or are hesitant to be vulnerable sharing their thought processes. The next challenge is to ask questions or guide someone through their thought process working through a question to find the missing link for them to achieve understanding and have the AHA moment that LSAC won't get them again!

Very excited that you are beyond those stages and recognize that it is a shared give & take of knowledge for us all to gain the most for the time we invest in the calls.

Keep on putting yourself out there - it is really special to be a part of hearing your confidence grow <3

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@"Mia Fairweather" said:
    Focusing on fool proofing for a while guys,keep at it I will be back in a few weeks!

Hope you are having a great LG intensive!
    Can't wait for you to get back into PT phase,
    See you soon :)

• 14 karma

Hi folks, wondering if its still possible to join the BR group?

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@dulainavdeep08

The Study Group is open for everyone when they are post curriculum and taking the PTs :)
    Look forward to you joining!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@dulainavdeep08 said:
    Hi folks, wondering if its still possible to join the BR group?

Here is the link for next weeks Study Group Blind Review call:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15554/june18-study-group-blind-review-pt-60-aka-lsac-superprep-ii-pt-a-tuesday-march-20th-7-30-pm

• 14 karma

@twssmith Thanks so much!