Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I almost quit this week

stormstorm Member
in General 261 karma

I almost quit this week from studying. I had a major personal change happen that left me unmotivated and distracted, fearing I couldn't get back into this studying regemine. I got so sick that I ended up in the emergency room. As a result, I was unable to study for a week.

I decided today was it, take a PT after a month of hardcore drilling and studying and, if my score didn't at least stay flat, I would need to reconsider how to find motivation or whether I should continue. I took PT 41 and ended up scoring significantly higher than I have before, at a 166. For this PT, each additional question answered correctly at this level equates to +1 on your score, up to 171. I went from a 158.5 PT average (from 3 PTs) pre-drilling, up to this actual score. I feel like I have hope I can tackle this.

I'm posting cause I need to make some more written commitments to myself that I can do this and will do this, as support helping me feel like I could outside of 7Sage is no longer available. Thanks for reading, if you do!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma

Congrats. Pt 41’s games are hard. There is a circle game in there. Thank you for posting and I look forward to more updates. Keep at it.

David

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I’m so glad you found a spark of motivation. Congrats on the improvement, that’s no easy task. This community is here if you ever need a pick-me-up!

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Nicely done! Keep up the great work! :smile:

• toniafisher1toniafisher1 Member
    edited March 2018 87 karma

Don’t quit—- you can do this. You may need to take a break cause ‘life happens’, however, don’t give up! Perseverance is what makes the difference. Hang in there.

• mew41195mew41195 Alum Member
    159 karma

This was motivating to hear! Keep pushing - you got this :) every point in the range you're in is thousands of dollars in scholarships and the difference in admission or not to some schools. Good luck!

• stormstorm Member
    261 karma

Thank you, everyone! I am so grateful for the support on 7Sage and definitely need it right now. Going to keep pushing.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

That's amazing, this is really motivating to hear! I hope you're feeling better; health is the most important thing.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited March 2018 4423 karma

Take care of yourself. It definitely sounds like you have made a breakthrough. Congrats on the improced PT score!

But be careful about basing your expectations too much on any one test. You can't always tell if you got lucky, the particular test suited your abilities, or you have dramatically improved.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I'm glad to hear that you are back on the horse. Like others have said, don't place too much stock onto this one score. You need more data points to know if you have truly improved or if PT 41 was just suited to your particular strengths. Whatever the case may be, rejoice in the fact that you are back on the grind and use small victories like this recent PT to propel you to achieve your goals.