Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I be studying between now and July?

Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
in General 503 karma

So I sat for last Monday's exam and without going into too much detail, I felt the exam went really well. I know that I made a few errors, but I still think there's a ~60% chance or so that I've hit my goal score. It really all depends on how the curve is.

I'm also registered for July because I can cancel and get a refund if my June score is high enough.

My question is: should I be studying for July?

Not going to lie, I really dislike studying for the LSAT and forcing myself to do LSAC's sadistic Sudoku puzzles every morning actually ruins my day. Despite this, I have this nagging feeling that my June score is going to come back disappointing, and I don't want to be in a mad scramble to get back into shape for July 23rd.

Why can't LSAC grade scantrons faster... ugh..

Should I keep studying hard with 2pts/week? Should I take a break completely? Just do games intermittently to keep fresh? Bleh. What would you guys do in my shoes??

What should I do
  1. Keep going hard 2 PTs a week22 votes
    1. Take a break entirely until scores are out
      13.64%
    2. Cut back on studying significantly, do just enough to stay fresh
      86.36%

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I am going to swim against the tide here and recommend that you take a break entirely. If your scores come back and you didn't do as well as you would have liked, you are going to be completely drained emotionally and it will be hard to be motivated even if the test is right around the corner. Also, there should not be any pressure to take July. Wasting a take when you aren't as ready as you could be could be a costly mistake. In fact, it was my biggest regret while studying. And if you take a break completely, you will feel much more refreshed.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited June 2018 8689 karma

Just as an aside, I’m not entirely sure that by the time you get your June score you will be eligible for a refund for July. I could be wrong. I’m registered for July and am under the impression that tomorrow June 19th 2018 is the last day one can withdraw and receive a refund.

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

You can get a full refund. "June LSAT takers with a reportable score can request a full refund of their registration fee if they wish to withdraw their July registration after receiving their June score."https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-dates-deadlines

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Thank you @sx23 for clearing that up!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

FWIW, I'm registered for the July and September LSAT. Regardless of how I feel exiting the July test, I'm going to give myself 1 day off and then jump right back into studying at the current effort level. Two possible outcomes: I end up scoring the score that will make me happy and I'll have spent max 3 weeks of studying for nothing or I'll be unhappy with my score and will keep going. If the latter happens, I would be kicking myself for wasting those three weeks. YMMV and good luck!

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I am in the exact same position as you (took June and am registered for July). I am doing light studying- Maybe not as hard as pre- June but I am staying fresh. Probably 1 pt a week with sections some of the other days. Just how I am approaching it.

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

Thanks everyone for the advice. It seems like taking it slow until scores come out is the popular choice.