Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any ideas may help

hmsjms1970hmsjms1970 Member
in Logic Games 29 karma

I am open to any study, or performance ideas for my successful work with logic games. I study each day, do the games daily, and watch the videos. I have seen some improvement. However, not with my quickness to compete the games. I also seem to often created three or four boards, as opposed to possibly using two. I have cracked a 100 once on one of the games, sometimes I get 4/6. I have watched the videos repeatedly. Other than repetition, does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I have a background in the humanities and social sciences, and my study techniques usually involve memorization of everything for any exam.

Perhaps, this is a form of test anxiety, and I am self defeating. However, any study tip would be greatly appreciated. No idea is too simple, and all advice I will take seriously. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Ever tried Sudoku?

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I believe that the same thing is true for RC. But the best way to improve is to do games over and over again. Seriously. They are all super repetitive. There is no better exercise for getting better at games than the games themselves

• brigittebrigitte Free Trial Member
    edited June 2018 432 karma

How have you only gotten 100% on a game a single time??? Am I misunderstanding you? Are you referring to a games section or a single game? Can you do the first game in a section - usually a basic ordering game - perfectly taking 35 minutes??

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited June 2018 3652 karma

Stop watching the explanation videos. Seriously just sit there and stare at the games and keep trying to draw out diagrams on your own, even if it takes you an hour to get through one game. Use your brain. It's going to be frustrating but you'll figure it out. It's not just repetition, it's independent effort to solve. You cant just do a game, not quite grasp it, watch the video, and say oh ok i understand, and then do it again with the inferences you essentially memorized and just confirm to yourself that you get it.
    Do the whole section timed 35 min, skip when you have to. Whatever you couldnt figure out in that time will be your puzzle for however long it takes to figure out on your own. And what you did figure out timed, go back and understand the method you took to get the right answers right, and draw out any other techniques you could have used to get the answer right. And confirm why the wrong answers are wrong.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Just to reiterate what others are saying take some time to really look at the master game board ; anyone can spend lots of time writing down where things can and can’t go (thereby needing lots of game boards ) but really look at it and see what visual interferences you can make (yes you need to write some rules down / do sub boards but don’t over do it ). When jy does the games he pauses after he sets up the master game board .

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

What does your current study strategy look like for learning the games? Do you drill games individually or in sections; do you use a timer or a stopwatch; are you working through past games in a particular order?

These are all helpful things to know when suggesting how you might tweak your current strategy for LG.

• hmsjms1970hmsjms1970 Member
    29 karma

Thank you, this is helpful. I sit with sections, for example, and a hypothetical prep test like for example 29 section 1 and do it, and often score 4/6. I will do another game and score 3/6. Try another and score 4/6.
    I then will watch a video to see what I did wrong. I think I need to just drill & drill & drill and keep this up. I haven't worried about time. I think, perhaps, my error lays in the game board set up. Often I use 1, and try to make inferences. I think I need to try using 2-3 game boards and go from there.
    Reading the comments above allowed me to reflect on what I have been doing, and as a result of reflection allowed me to consider what I need to do to upgrade my performance. Thank you all of your comments have proven beneficial.