Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First PT post CC...

AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
edited July 2018 in General 786 karma

So I took PT 38 on Monday after taking a break for a week and getting back into the groove... I know it's not a huge improvement but I'm trying to celebrate small victories to help myself stay positive.

I had an 8 point jump from my diagnostic! I still have a lot of work to do before I hit my target score and BR goal but celebrating small victories has really improved my attitude. If I'm honest, the day before I took the PT, I was feeling so stressed and began losing my confidence in my abilities. I cried for a good hour then I told myself that I need to get myself together and do what I need to do. I'm happy with myself to see the strategies I've adopted for my second try is paying off and I hope everyone sees improvements as they progress in their studies <3

Comments

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

Great work Ashleigh! I'm 70% finished with the CC and can already feel anxiety building over my first PT after the CC. Really trying hard to keep the anxiety at bay and focus on how much I've learned. Way to focus on small victories and congratulations on your improvement! Best of luck to you moving forward in your studying! You can do it!

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    edited July 2018 786 karma

@SLP_futureJD said:
    Great work Ashleigh! I'm 70% finished with the CC and can already feel anxiety building over my first PT after the CC. Really trying hard to keep the anxiety at bay and focus on how much I've learned. Way to focus on small victories and congratulations on your improvement! Best of luck to you moving forward in your studying! You can do it!

Oh trust me.. I put it off for a bit LOL. I didn't want to PT because if I did worse on the first PT from my actual score/ diagnostic I would've been crushed. I finished the PT almost 3 week ago so I was really beating around the bush. I spent time before jumping into it doing drills (untimed and timed) and FPing. I also revisited the CC and the problem sets after I identified my weaknesses from drilling. Don't let that anxiety control you!!! I'm working on controlling my anxiety and trusting myself too. I had many people tell me that the first PT after the CC should have 0 expectations.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

yassssssssssssss!! this is a big deal. you have to celebrate the small victories if you don't wanna lose yourself and get aggravated imo.

786 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    yassssssssssssss!! this is a big deal. you have to celebrate the small victories if you don't wanna lose yourself and get aggravated imo.

I just learned about celebrating small victories and you're so right. It has helped me stay sane... I would constantly beat myself up and have anxiety attacks if I wasn't achieving my goals in a small period time. But now, I tell myself "hey you're only a couple points away... hey you're close just push yourself in these areas.. okay this is your highest score timed this is great!" things like that.

The aggravation was so real at times that I used to take it out on people close to me :(

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Congratulations! I was so anxious over my first-CC PT too. It's important to recognize victories big or small.

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

congrats!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Good work! You're on the right track.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Congrats! Studying for this test can get grueling at times but staying positive does help. You've got this!

786 karma

@Emily2122 said:
    Congratulations! I was so anxious over my first-CC PT too. It's important to recognize victories big or small.

Yes! I'm working on celebrating more small victories. It keeps me going!

786 karma

@FlashLSAT said:
    congrats!

Thank you!! <3

786 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Good work! You're on the right track.

Thank you! I'm taking a 2 week break though so I'm hoping these types of improvements continue. Heading to Thailand tomorrow at 7:00am :)

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats sweetie! So proud of you <3 Now go enjoy your vacation and forget everything lsat related.

786 karma

@keets993 said:
    Congrats sweetie! So proud of you <3 Now go enjoy your vacation and forget everything lsat related.

Thank you <3 <3 and I promise I will!