Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever heard?

lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
in General 267 karma

Has anyone or heard of someone else who got into a school with an lsat score that is a few points below the 25th percentile? my gpa is higher than their 75th.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited July 2018 2531 karma

It happens. URM's generally get some more freedom with LSAT scores, for non-URM's it is unusual. You are what is called a reverse splitter, one whose GPA is above the 75th and LSAT is below the 25th. Generally, reverse splitters do well at some specific schools that value GPA highly. You can find a list online but off the top of my head, Minnesota and maybe UVA.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

thanks so much your response helps! your profile name gave me a much needed smile too thanks :) anyone else who knows of success stories feel free to c hime in :)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It's possible. But of course, the best plan is to study hard and retake when you are PTing higher. Your LSAT score is more malleable than your GPA and LSAT scores are more heavily weighted in law school rankings, so most law schools are going to rely more on your LSAT score than GPA.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

It is very likely that it happens. But the people that happens to likely have something stellar on their application and a near-perfect GPA.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Happened to me but I got barely any scholarship money. I think part of the acceptance had to do with my being a resident of the state the school is in. Wouldn’t recommend going to law school with a bare minimum merit scholarship.

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

Yeah, I'd highly encourage you to retake! You can't change your GPA, but you can redo your LSAT.

• paralegaltolawyer3paralegaltolawyer3 Free Trial Member
    80 karma

Me! Although, I would agree with the posters above. Good scholarships are definitely harder to obtain when you're a reverse splitter. If you PM me I can tell you more!