Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

burnout 3 days before test

bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member
in General 27 karma

i'm beginning to feel extremely discouraged and unmotivated just a few days before the test. starting to feel like regardless of what i do/how hard i try in terms of studying and preparation that it just isn't enough. i know this is a terrible mindset to have going into the test, but i'm having a hard time feeling/thinking otherwise. any advice?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If on PTs you've been scoring in the range of where you want to score on test day, then you need to just take the next few days off and trust in the abilities that you've worked hard to get. A few days won't make a difference as far as learning new things goes, but it can make a world of difference for burn out. Take some naps! Watch your favorite TV show! Do some yoga or go for a run! If you've never scored your goal score or within a point or two of it on a PT, then postpone the test, take a week or two off, and then get back to it.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Walk away from studying and don't touch it until Saturday morning. Do some light warm ups before going into the test. Trust me, you won't lose anything. But it's very important to be well rested and in a good state of mind for the test. Watch some movies, read some magazines, just relax. Go to dinner. Grab happy hour with friends. Whatever relaxes you and puts you in a good mood. At this point, your studying before the Sept test is complete. Just make sure you feel rested and refreshed by Saturday.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

If you're scoring where you want to be on test day then there's no point worrying. Block 7sage, hide everything LSAT related and go enjoy yourself. Go see some friends or family, or get into something you've been denying yourself while studying (book, tv shows, etc). Just remember to warm up and good habits during the test. It's just like any other PT. In fact it will be PT85, think of all the hard work you've put into it. You got this!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I am taking off today, tomorrow and Friday, completely. Nothing in the last few days will make or break you.

• PandaRamenPandaRamen Alum Member
    162 karma

It feels weird for me to take an off day, but I know I have to force myself. Thursday is just trying to summarize everything, my notes, and few hard LG games. Friday is my off day until Saturday. I think one thing that helps me is watching motivational/commencement videos. I know it sounds cheesy, but it helps center myself. We got this!

• bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member
    27 karma

@PandaRamen same, i love ted talks especially!