Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Done with the LSAT!

drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
in General 2227 karma

I hope everyone got the scores they wanted. If not, keep up the good work and you will see results on the next test. My first official score was a 162 last November after 7 months of prep, and although that is an objectively good score I was disappointed. My PT scores were higher and I knew I had a lot of room for improvement. Made the difficult decision to delay to this upcoming cycle, and improved to 169 in June after a break and 4 more months of study.

Thrilled with the new score, I checked the section breakdown and was horrified by my RC performance. Worked hard on RC and continued practicing LG and LR every day until a few days before the July test. I participated in BR calls for the first time (thank you J.Y. for leading the RC calls), and grouped up with some very talented 7sagers to work through the June test.

I received a 173 on the July test, and am officially done with the LSAT! I have to attribute this last score jump to the 7sage community. In the 1.5 months leading up to the test, I was far more active on the forums and participated in study groups for the first time. This community of talented and caring people has changed my life forever. For the next month I will be finalizing my application materials, but I am still active on the forums and am available if anyone wants to talk about best practices for BR or LG foolproofing.

Comments

• friendlyroomyfriendlyroomy Alum Member
    90 karma

Congratulations!

• salonpapassalonpapas Member
    138 karma

Congratulations! :)

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

congrats. Goodluck with apps

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Dude congrats! You absolutely deserve it!

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!! Wishing you the best of luck in your applications!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Congrats!! You also survived! :smiley:
    So awesome. I can't wait till you share your application successes!

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

Wow!!! Great work and good luck on apps!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Very happy to hear this.

• LegalEyesLegalEyes Alum Member
    22 karma

What an improvement! Congrats!!!

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    500 karma

Congratulations!! Do you have any recommendations for improving RC? Thanks in advance.

• 362 karma

Congratulations man!!!!

• lsatslayer-1lsatslayer-1 Member
    113 karma

CONGRATS! What are your tips for LG and panicking when you don't get to those game-changing (puns intended) reductions?

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@2021lawschool said:
    Congratulations!! Do you have any recommendations for improving RC? Thanks in advance.

I recommend listening to the 7sage podcast with @"Accounts Playable" where RC BR is discussed in great detail. I began breaking down every RC passage and writing out the main point, the tone, the various viewpoints, the structure, and the low res summaries of each paragraph. Doing that over and over again helped me look out for those details during my timed read.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@ttt2155 said:
    CONGRATS! What are your tips for LG and panicking when you don't get to those game-changing (puns intended) reductions?

You just have to breath and remember to do as much work up front as possible. If you need to skip to the next game, you're banking away time you would have just wasted struggling to make the inference that is causing you to be stuck. I practiced games every single day and got to the point where I was going -0 to -2 pretty consistently, especially on the newer LG which I found to be more suited to my strengths than LG from some of the older tests.