Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks 7sage!

denis045denis045 Alum Member

Went from a 143 diagnostic in July to a 163 in November. So happy I discovered the site and decided to go for the starter course :)

Comments

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

Awesome work!

• annrachweilaannrachweila Alum Member
    21 karma

@denis045 Can you give tips on how you studied? Didn't hit my goal in November and will be retaking. I have the starter course as well.

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!

• LawSchoolHopeful-6LawSchoolHopeful-6 Alum Member
    143 karma

Congrats

• Awesome job! Congratulations. Was there a big shift in strategy for you, or was it just knowing the test material better that accounted for the jump in score?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@denis045 said:
    Went from a 143 diagnostic in July to a 163 in November. So happy I discovered the site and decided to go for the starter course :)

You're welcome! Congratulations on your achievement!

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

Congrats :)

• denis045denis045 Alum Member
    38 karma

Thank you all! Took a bit of a break from the LSAT forums during the holidays. Very happy that a long road of studying really paid off

38 karma

@annrachweila My first few months of studying were really dedicated to drilling individual question types for the LR section (I sucked at that section for a very long time) and drilling logic games. I really didn't do too many full tests, which I regret. I probably drilled about 20 or so LSATs worth of material and took about 6 full tests leading up to the big day. In hindsight, I would recommend going through more than I did, with an emphasis on the most recent tests (there have been some devilish games and RC sections in the past few tests).

Just to add to how I studied: I read the LSAT trainer, went through the bibles and was pretty stagnant for a while. I bought the starter course from 7sage and REALLY improved (like 10 points) after going through all the videos, and drilling exercises in about a month. I never upgraded my course, but I did end up purchasing about 5 PTs from 7sage so that I could practice with the new digital format and so that I could have access to the full explanations after the test. And of course, I did blind review when I could. I was running out of time close to the test, so definitely wasn't as proficient as I should have been with the blind review.

38 karma

I would say there was a huge shift in strategy for me. Firstly, I'm a huge visual learner, so having access to all the explanations in video form kept me engaged and connected with the material. I really sucked at LR (-11 to -15 initially) and 7sage helped me understand the individual question types and how to efficiently solve for most in a timed test environment. I read a lot of books from other test prep companies too, so I came in with some knowledge of the test, but 7sage helped me see the questions from a new angle.

I also realized the importance of doing real, full-timed LSATs. I wasn't doing nearly enough when I began the course, but managed to squeeze out 6 just in time for my November write. Nothing too crazy for my improvement. I just practiced a lot and started studying smarter near the end.

@"Left My Wallet in LSATgundo" said:
    Awesome job! Congratulations. Was there a big shift in strategy for you, or was it just knowing the test material better that accounted for the jump in score?

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

@denis045 I am writing the exam in January. Since you read the LSAT trainer. I was wondering which method would you recommend for RC. Trainer or 7 sage

• Congrats! Best of luck to you in law school 🤗

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Great job on your accomplishment and good luck on applications.