Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

171 (July 2020) --> 176 (October 2020)!!!

lemonade___lemonade___ Alum Member
in General 113 karma

Can't believe it finally paid off. I feel like this year just consisted of me crying in my room studying LOL. It was a tough process, but I'm just so happy it's over.

This test sucks ass. It just really does, I have to say it. It literally drained all my mental energy for a year. Trust me, it wasn't like I was good at this test from the start. It took countless hours of staring at a question to figure out what the hell is going on. But hard work does pay off - please, please never give up.

I want to be of help to anyone who is going through this process. Please ask me anything, I may be able to help.

Comments

• ColdBrew180ColdBrew180 Member
    156 karma

Amazing, congratulations!!! Any tips for improving LR?

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

Awesome! Any tips for RC?

• lemonade___lemonade___ Alum Member
    113 karma

@ColdBrew180 The most useful "general" tip I can give you is to read the stimulus slowly and take the time to understand exactly what's going on. Dwelling on the answer choices will just take away your time. Make a journal filled with questions that you thought were particularly difficult and review them when you have spare time. If you would like to PM me about what exactly you want improvement in, I can tell you what I think.

@Platinum Oh dear, RC sucks. It was my "bad" section. DO NOT rush through passages. Read everything carefully and understand each sentence. Highlight select details you feel could get tested (for instance, important dates, names ... etc). Also, DO NOT choose an answer choice if you cannot locate textual evidence. If you can, choose confidently and move on. Again, you can always PM me about your situation if you would like to talk about this.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

Congrats on an amazing score! Would it be okay to PM to ask a couple questions about LR?

113 karma

@"Law and Yoda" Absolutely! I would be more than happy to help.

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Congrats!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

congrats!! :)

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Congratulations!!! best wishes

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

Thank you> @givemethatcake said:

@ColdBrew180 The most useful "general" tip I can give you is to read the stimulus slowly and take the time to understand exactly what's going on. Dwelling on the answer choices will just take away your time. Make a journal filled with questions that you thought were particularly difficult and review them when you have spare time. If you would like to PM me about what exactly you want improvement in, I can tell you what I think.

@Platinum Oh dear, RC sucks. It was my "bad" section. DO NOT rush through passages. Read everything carefully and understand each sentence. Highlight select details you feel could get tested (for instance, important dates, names ... etc). Also, DO NOT choose an answer choice if you cannot locate textual evidence. If you can, choose confidently and move on. Again, you can always PM me about your situation if you would like to talk about this.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Congratulations!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Congrats

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Congratulations!

113 karma

Thank you so much everyone! I'm still in the process of answering PMs, I'm sorry if I haven't gotten to you yet.

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!

• edited October 2020 425 karma

Congratulations!! Resilience and hard work pays off! Thanks for the inspirational post. :)

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

That’s amazing!! totally well deserved!

• LoisisdeterminedLoisisdetermined Live Member
    44 karma

How did you deal with test anxiety? Sometimes I just go blank if I get stuck on a question and this is a major issue for me.