Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will May 2020 Flex be added to syllabus?

brybry2020brybry2020 Member
edited November 2020 in May 2020 LSAT 18 karma

Is there any chance JY will soon go over some of the questions in the recently released May 2020 flex? For those of us taking the November test, this is a last-minute Hail Mary to understand some of the questions.

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@brybry2020 said:
    Is there any chance JY will soon go over some of the questions in the recently released May 2020 flex? For those of us taking the November test, this is a last-minute Hail Mary to understand some of the questions.

Hi there,

We are currently awaiting the necessary files from LSAC. As soon as we receive the files, the May 2020 PrepTest will be available on our site. We do expect to receive the files soon.

The explanation videos for the May 2020 PrepTest will be available within 30-60 days after we receive the PrepTest from LSAC.

• hhawkinberryhhawkinberry Member
    44 karma

If you log on to law hub you can take it there!

• Sinanana7Sinanana7 Member
    155 karma

@brybry2020 I took the test last week. Let me know which questions you need explanations on and I can do my best to explain. I'm writing the Nov test too

• leslievnoleslievno Core Member
    4 karma

@Sinanana7 said:
    @brybry2020 I took the test last week. Let me know which questions you need explanations on and I can do my best to explain. I'm writing the Nov test too

@Sinanana7 I'm working through the LSAC-released May 2020 LSAT-Flex right now! I'm at a loss of how to even begin to start Section 2 Logic Game #2 Question #11. I don't quite understand what this Must Be True/Rule Substitution question is asking. I don't see what effect the condition that Gary cannot play against Jasmine has on the overall game, and thus don't know how to find an equivalent effect among the answer choices.

edited November 2020 155 karma

@leslievno said:

@Sinanana7 said:

@Sinanana7 I'm working through the LSAC-released May 2020 LSAT-Flex right now! I'm at a loss of how to even begin to start Section 2 Logic Game #2 Question #11. I don't quite understand what this Must Be True/Rule Substitution question is asking. I don't see what effect the condition that Gary cannot play against Jasmine has on the overall game, and thus don't know how to find an equivalent effect among the answer choices.

Hope this helps:

• LSATLSAT-3LSATLSAT-3 Core Member
    edited November 2020 419 karma

• HotTubberHotTubber Member
    17 karma

following

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    850 karma

Hi everyone,

We have received the files for the May 2020 LSAT from LSAC but the format is very different from the past, so it will take a lot longer than normal for us to make it available on our site.

I'm so sorry about the mistaken timeline. If you do have an LSAC Prep Plus subscription, you can take it on LSAC's site.

• freyaphroditefreyaphrodite Core Member
    2 karma

@Sinanana7 said:

For Section 2 LG #3, could you go through how you solved it? I missed 15,16,17 when I took the test, but then when I went to review I got them correct but I'm still feeling like I have a loose understanding of this game. Is it an In/Out? with repeating elements? I'm definitely missing some inferences! I'm sitting for the NOV test and this has me spooked!

• I wonder if anybody who does Logic Games well would be willing to do a Zoom lesson where you solve these logic games from the Flex Test? I know this is a hail mary, but I've been hoping they'd be solved here, but it looks like they won't be. I'd love any help I can get.

• akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member
    89 karma

@freyaphrodite said:

@Sinanana7 said:

For Section 2 LG #3, could you go through how you solved it? I missed 15,16,17 when I took the test, but then when I went to review I got them correct but I'm still feeling like I have a loose understanding of this game. Is it an In/Out? with repeating elements? I'm definitely missing some inferences! I'm sitting for the NOV test and this has me spooked!

I have the same feeling..... Could really use some help on this game!!!

@freyaphrodite @SurfandSailandFly @akitagogo video coming up in half an hour! :smile:

155 karma

@freyaphrodite said:

@Sinanana7 said:

Here's game three. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Hope it helps a bit

@freyaphrodite @SurfandSailandFly @akitagogo

89 karma

@Sinanana7 said:

@freyaphrodite said:

@Sinanana7 said:

Here's game three. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Hope it helps a bit

@freyaphrodite @SurfandSailandFly @akitagogo

@Sinanana7 thank you so much the explanation helped a lot. However I didn't quite follow the first method you mentioned for Q14, where you said to look for the ones that could cause trouble... it'd be great if you could pinpoint that link! Thank you!

@akitagogo For a question like this, we want to look in the answer choices for a combination of cities that will cause the most trouble. Meaning, we can safely assume an answer choice with H & O together, for example, will not bump heads with any of the rules since O is a floater, no restrictions apply to it.

At first, I was talking about a hypothetical situation were both our rules apply to the same semester. So H in S --> M in S and V in S ---> T in S. In this example, we can easily see that H & V can't be together since they will have to bring M and T along and we can't have 4 cities in one semester.

But this game is not that simple, each rule applies to a different semester. So when we try H&V together in the same city it actually works out! This gets rid of two of the answer choices, A&E. (I should've shown this in the video).
    The next step is to look for an answer choice that has a combination of one of the triggers ( H or V) with one of the followers ( M or T). So we wan look in the answer choices for a combination of H&T or V&M. And D is the one that has this. After trying it out we can confirm that the combination of answer choice D will not work out.

89 karma

@Sinanana7 This is a very quick way to get over Q14 & thanks again for taking the time to explain it! I think this is the first time I learned about this method, since JY doesn't use it at all... I'm really surprised how efficient this is! Thank you!

• LSATLSAT-3LSATLSAT-3 Core Member
    edited November 2020 419 karma

@studentservice, any word yet when the May 2020 LSAT will be available on 7Sage? Or perhaps a rough estimate?

Thank you in advance.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@November2020LSAT said:
    @studentservice, any word yet when the May 2020 LSAT will be available on 7Sage? Or perhaps a rough estimate?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

Sorry, we do not have an estimate time on when the May 2020 LSAT will be available on 7Sage. We will update you as soon as we have more details.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I took the May Flex in Law hub. If anyone takes it there and needs help with any of the questions I would be happy to help. I missed 1 question per section, so I am comfortable overall with the material and can help anyone who is taking it before JY’s explanations are available.

5740 karma

@November2020LSAT said:

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

We expect to have the May 2020 LSAT Flex available on 7Sage's site by January 1, 2021.

5740 karma

Hi @November2020LSAT

The May 2020 LSAT is now available on the PrepTets tab. However, it is not available on the Syllabus tab as yet.

Please note that the explanation videos for the May 2020 LSAT is not ready as yet but we will update you when the explanation videos are available.