Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official September 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited September 2022 in September 2022 LSAT 1428 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official September 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the September LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, September 13th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the September LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the September 2022 LSAT here!

Comments

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    edited September 2022 476 karma

Just finished!!!

LG was okay, was too nervous in the beginning but was able to solve all games.
    LR was standard.

• rgsimpson01rgsimpson01 Core Member
    edited September 2022 19 karma

I find RC is usually pretty hard, but I found the passages decently interesting which always helps. LR was ok for me but I was pretty nervous since it was my first section so it was a little bit harder to gauge. Definitely had the first time test taker jitters. So relieved that my proctor was awesome after hearing the horror stories.

• I took the June 2022 LSAT for the first time and was told section 4 was experimental. I Assumed that section 4 was experimental for this September 2022 test even though it didn't have the survey questions.... im literally having a panic attack. the first RC was easy for me the second RC I read the first passage said nope I don't have to do this and just selected random answers. I feel like they should have let me know somehow that this test or test moving forward will have the random experimental section. I literally am praying to any and all gods that the second reading comprehension is experimental.

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

@Whatslsat @"satia.longe" Did it feel more like the 80's or 90's tests?

476 karma

@rgsimpson01
    If you freeze like me during the first few minutes of the first section, as long as you didn't let that paralyze you for too long you should be okay!.
    RCs are alwasy the most difficult for me too. Hope we both did okay!

First time takes are really the worst. I have OCT signed up as a back up.
    Good luck!! :)

476 karma

@CSieck3507 Im leaning more towards 80s but other people might differ! :)

• rgsimpson01rgsimpson01 Core Member
    19 karma

@Whatslsat said:
    @rgsimpson01
    If you freeze like me during the first few minutes of the first section, as long as you didn't let that paralyze you for too long you should be okay!.
    RCs are alwasy the most difficult for me too. Hope we both did okay!

First time takes are really the worst. I have OCT signed up as a back up.
    Good luck!! :)

Thank you! You too!! Signing up for OCT is smart... wish I would've thought of that but I guess NOV will do (praying that I don't have to take it again though lol)

• nbattat1nbattat1 Member
    21 karma

One of those RC's was actually impossible, if that's the experimental then definitely in good shape. Anybody else feel like the LG was a breeze? Finished with like 10 minutes left.

• lsegal3lsegal3 Core Member
    edited September 2022 14 karma

Good luck to everyone! It's out of our hands now.

• tkesl11tkesl11 Member
    55 karma

The last LG was rough but not bad overall

• Roxanne2Roxanne2 Member
    26 karma

RIP > @"satia.longe" said:

I took the June 2022 LSAT for the first time and was told section 4 was experimental. I Assumed that section 4 was experimental for this September 2022 test even though it didn't have the survey questions.... im literally having a panic attack. the first RC was easy for me the second RC I read the first passage said nope I don't have to do this and just selected random answers. I feel like they should have let me know somehow that this test or test moving forward will have the random experimental section. I literally am praying to any and all gods that the second reading comprehension is experimental.

• jamie-1jamie-1 Member
    8 karma

tbh LG section was a lot easier than i expected but that almost makes me feel worse you know...like......what if i thought it was easy bc i did it all wrong o_o

• whyisiglikethiswhyisiglikethis Free Trial Member
    edited September 2022 14 karma

I found the LG section to be really tough. Maybe first test jitters?? Looks like the test hit everyone differently. Best of luck, I hope you all get the result you wanted :)

• Lsat_taker122Lsat_taker122 Member
    72 karma

@"satia.longe" said:
    I took the June 2022 LSAT for the first time and was told section 4 was experimental. I Assumed that section 4 was experimental for this September 2022 test even though it didn't have the survey questions.... im literally having a panic attack. the first RC was easy for me the second RC I read the first passage said nope I don't have to do this and just selected random answers. I feel like they should have let me know somehow that this test or test moving forward will have the random experimental section. I literally am praying to any and all gods that the second reading comprehension is experimental.

I would write down on paper the general topics from the first RC & listen to PowerScore's September recap & see if you got lucky. They can usually figure out which one was the real section & they tell everyone on that podcast.

• brooke.salgado-1brooke.salgado-1 Core Member
    4 karma

Goodluck to everyone taking the test today! I will keep yall posted about my exam

• sisiroesisiroe Live Member
    edited September 2022 24 karma

To those who assumed the 4th section was the experimental, bear in mind that June 2022 was an anomaly. They normally don't tell you which one is the experimental. It can be either of the two of the repeated section.

• Ale drinker at YaleAle drinker at Yale Yearly Member
    10 karma

@whyisiglikethis said:
    I found the LG section to be really tough. Maybe first test jitters?? Looks like the test hit everyone differently. Best of luck, I hope you all get the result you wanted :)

Me too... and I normally dont have trouble with LG. Hopefully we both get the results we wanted. Good luck :)

• CadenWalshCadenWalsh Member
    edited September 2022 42 karma

RC was easily where I struggled most. I hope I shock myself but feeling uncertain for sure.

• leonardocallesleonardocalles Core Member

I personally felt one of the LR to be a bit easier than the other. Praying that's the one that will matter.

RC is something I was constantly struggling with and while the passages seemed dense, I thought most of the questions had at least 1 AC that was screaming out. Hopefully those were the right choices.

• leonardocallesleonardocalles Core Member
    24 karma

@"jamie-1" said:
    tbh LG section was a lot easier than i expected but that almost makes me feel worse you know...like......what if i thought it was easy bc i did it all wrong o_o

If it makes you feel any better, I also thought the LG section felt a little bit too simple. We both may just be doubting ourselves after a stressful experience. Hope you get the score you wanted!

• mchanghainesmchanghaines Member
    76 karma

Was everyone’s first section LR? I had an awful experience with my proctors.

• matthandsfieldmatthandsfield Core Member
    edited September 2022 2 karma

I didn't have nearly as many problems as I know others have had before, but it took me ~35 minutes to get connected to a proctor and then fully checked in (my proctor seemed to be managing a lot of people at once so there were ~5 minute delays between each step). This being my first LSAT I unfortunately got pretty frazzled and nervy after that, and made some rookie mistakes diagramming and using my time overall on my first LG and ran out of time/had to select a couple random answers. Was able to recover after that and felt a lot better about later sections.

Was really hoping I wouldn't have to retake, since I don't need a particularly great score to get where I'm trying to go, but with that rocky LG section I'm feeling there's a 50-50ish chance I'll be hanging out here a couple more months!

• brooke.salgado-1brooke.salgado-1 Core Member
    edited September 2022 4 karma

I had a great experience with my proctor. He did not interrupt me at all. Honestly I could not tell which one was the experimental because they felt the same in range of difficulty or not.

• J0YZedd19-1J0YZedd19-1 Member
    9 karma

proctor took way to long to connect and set up smh

• bransfegbransfeg Member
    edited September 2022 2 karma

How do you feel about the RC section?

• JimmyMcGillJimmyMcGill Core Member
    edited September 2022 8 karma

I will be all over this board on 9/13 :)

• ErgasmErgasm Member
    17 karma

Alright. We’re after the 9pm ET deadline. Let the speculation commence.
    I got LG/LR/LR/RC. LG? Oddly easy AF. First LR was appropriately difficult; second LR seemed to be a walk in the park. RC was pretty average, but I had an Arts section w/ choices that were sometimes uncomfortably vague. Felt like I couldn’t be 100% sure about some of those answers.

Without mentioning specifics, there were a lot of MSS questions in the second section or LR. I am hoping the first LR was experimental (lol of course), but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

• nurlsat234-1nurlsat234-1 Core Member
    136 karma

I had LR LG LG RC. LR was medium difficulty, not easy not too hard, but challenging at times. the first LG was fine, standard games, one about formal/informal restaurants and one about journalists. the second LG had a misc game about fertilizer colors and a grouping game about duets, trios and solos. RC was also standard, maybe on the easier side.

did anyone with 1 LG section have the misc fertilizer red green & white game? trying to see whether this section was experimental or not

• kevinhaominyankevinhaominyan Core Member
    14 karma

LG RC LR RC, Not going to lie the fourth RC is very difficult. It's weird. And the last passage seems to be sort of a research paper. very new to me..

• sgenerotti-1sgenerotti-1 Member
    8 karma

@kevinhaominyan said:
    LG RC LR RC, Not going to lie the fourth RC is very difficult. It's weird. And the last passage seems to be sort of a research paper. very new to me..

I also had two RC sections, and the second was much more difficult compared to the first w/ a strange format!

• pejahbpejahb Member
    edited September 2022 18 karma

Had LG:RC:LR:RC

• @Ergasm said:
    Alright. We’re after the 9pm ET deadline. Let the speculation commence.
    I got LG/LR/LR/RC. LG? Oddly easy AF. First LR was appropriately difficult; second LR seemed to be a walk in the park. RC was pretty average, but I had an Arts section w/ choices that were sometimes uncomfortably vague. Felt like I couldn’t be 100% sure about some of those answers.

Without mentioning specifics, there were a lot of MSS questions in the second section or LR. I am hoping the first LR was experimental (lol of course), but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

same here, PRAYING that first LR was experimental - i found it difficult, but found the 2nd LR to be easy

• edited September 2022 60 karma

@"nurlsat234-1" said:
    I had LR LG LG RC. LR was medium difficulty, not easy not too hard, but challenging at times. the first LG was fine, standard games, one about formal/informal restaurants and one about journalists. the second LG had a misc game about fertilizer colors and a grouping game about duets, trios and solos. RC was also standard, maybe on the easier side.

did anyone with 1 LG section have the misc fertilizer red green & white game? trying to see whether this section was experimental or not

• trubetsktrubetsk Core Member
    8 karma

@jeremyortiz1995 said:

@"nurlsat234-1" said:

I'm wondering the same ^ the misc fertilizer and solo/duet/trio section also had a standard in(3)/out(5) game as well

• emaxcohenemaxcohen Member
    16 karma

Power score just tweeted that Sept Recap should be out tmrw, where they will reveal which sections were real and which were experimental.

• @emaxcohen said:
    Power score just tweeted that Sept Recap should be out tmrw, where they will reveal which sections were real and which were experimental.

link the tweet, i cant find it!

• emaxcohenemaxcohen Member
    16 karma

@jeremyortiz1995 said:

@emaxcohen said:

link the tweet, i cant find it!

476 karma

@kevinhaominyan

Hey there!

I had the same RC. I felt exactly the same as you did. Third passage was extremely convoluted and Fourth passage was reeeally strange. It was very unusual passage to read.

If you don't mind sharing, what's your average score?? You can also PM me if that's easier/more comfortable!

Thanks! :)

• alliedaj-1alliedaj-1 Core Member
    4 karma

I took it Saturday and my sections went RC LR LG LR. The LG was pretty easy. RC was standard. My first LR was a bit easier than the second. I feel better than the first time I took the LSAT in Nov 2021 but I don’t think I reached my goal score. Does anyone else feel “indifferent” about their performance ?

• Melr1234-1Melr1234-1 Alum Member
    67 karma

Okay I wrote my test on Friday and mine was RC LR LG LR the first LR i think it was pretty challenging but the second LR was so easy i hope the first was experimental

• prelawyerk-1prelawyerk-1 Member
    4 karma

I had LR RC RC LG and found one RC much harder than the other, hoping the hard one is experimental 😅

• TrinityM-1-1-1TrinityM-1-1-1 Core Member
    3 karma

Powerscore podcast on youtube breaks down which sections they think were experimental and how the curve might change depending on which test version you had. I had LG RC LR RC and a very hard RC section about GOYA from a past NOV 2020 LSAT.

• sisiroesisiroe Live Member

Why do they take so long to give us our scores? I'm dying over here. Hahaha.

• whyisiglikethiswhyisiglikethis Free Trial Member
    14 karma

28 hours left! I'm getting more freaked out by the minute. I have NO idea how I did, not the slightest idea! Which is probably a bad thing haha.

• edited September 2022 6 karma

I just got an email that my session is on hold and under review. It may take a “few extra days” for my scores 😵‍💫 anyone else received this email?