Which is harder: New LSATs (60+) vs old LSATs (35-50s)

nordeendnordeend Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 349 karma
Do you guys know or think that the new LSATs are harder than the old ones?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You'll get really varied opinions on this. There are definite changes from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s. Some people find it more challenging in the more recent tests, but some people feel the changes play to their strengths and they find it a little clearer than the language used in earlier tests. It's just something you'll have to feel out for yourself which is why I recommend skipping around to get a feel for everything.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    I'm currently up to PTs in the high 50s and I find them to be much easier than the old exams.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    That can be a product of having improved over the course of taking them consecutively, but if you skip around you can get a better feel for how different they really are.
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    @Pacifico Thanks. You always have great advice to give. I was asking because I'm nearing the 90th percentile in the 30s and I wonder if it will continue that way. I am definitely going to start skipping around more so I am more prepared.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    The new ones have clearer writing but my PT average dropped about 2 points compared to the older ones. They all reinforce the same concepts and the difficulty of the old Logic Games are great for prep.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    It varies. I've found that RC is a little easier for me on earlier tests, and that the games are definitely weirder, which can mean harder (and are therefore beneficial so that you don't get into a groove of predictability). Overall, I think LR has been pretty consistent, with the questions becoming clearer in recent tests.
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    the main difference is RC. one can go -0/-2 consistently on the older RC, but still can do as bad as the range of -7/-10 on the new RC.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Ive heard that RC has gotten harder in the newer PTs.
    1654 karma
    I don't think the RC passages have gotten harder, but the answer choices are definitely a lot more trickier. I personally find the comparative passages to be much easier.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @alexandergreene93 teach me your ways! lol
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    @alexandergreene93 yes, teach usss!!
    1654 karma
    Unfortunately I need help myself in RC. I consistently get around -6 on each PT. It's the only section preventing me from improving my score from the low to mid 170s, to the high 170s. It is the section that is the hardest to improve on, or so I've heard (and I'm confident that many, if not all of you have heard the same rhetoric).