Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2016 LSAT

s_tenglers_tengler Member
edited August 2015 in June 2016 LSAT 20 karma
Who else is going to take the June 2016 LSAT? I'd love to connect with you. :)

Comments

• bruno.dalsantobruno.dalsanto Alum Member
    94 karma
    hey @s_tengler i believe i am!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Good for you, starting now!
  • s_tenglers_tengler Member
    20 karma
    @bruno.dalsanto Awesome! How far into the curriculum are you?

@nicole.hopkins Thanks. I work full time, so I figure it'll take me longer than others to get through all the material.
    7965 karma
    @"s_tengler" said:
    I work full time, so I figure it'll take me longer than others to get through all the material.
    I'll hit 15 months by the time I take in October. Also work full time with a part time gig as well ... low and slow, like good BBQ. That's the best way! And it's good to have something else other than LSAT study going on. Honestly I don't know how the folks who don't work do it—I would go crazy if I didn't have somewhere to be everyday!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 7468 karma
    I’m shooting for December, but I’d say June is not completely out of the realm of possibility. I’ve been prepping since January. Even when you have a pretty good understanding of the test (which I think I do), it doesn’t mean you can perform it in the timeframe that the LSAT gives you. That requires an enormous amount of practice so that everything becomes intuitive.
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    That requires an enormous amount of practice so that everything becomes intuitive.
    I've found that an important part of the mindset is being ok with questions being hard (and even too hard for me, in the moment). Like, whatever. How often do I go -0 on any section ... almost never. It's happened maybe 5 times in 50 PT's. And I'm ok with that. Like, really. For my goals, I just don't need -0 on any single section. Now, those -2's or even a rare -1 are great. And I don't want to see more than one -4. But aside from that, I'm cool with missing a couple of Q's.
  • bruno.dalsantobruno.dalsanto Alum Member
    94 karma
    I am finishing NA in the curriculum... what about you? @s_tengler ?
    7468 karma
    Yeah, I'm still trying to build that internal 1:20 clock, so that I just I can just take an educated guess, circle it and move on. Right now, I'm not doing that until about 2:00 for the tough questions (it's like a mental block or something) and it's wrecking me.
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    Right now, I'm not doing that until about 2:00 for the tough questions (it's like a mental block or something) and it's wrecking me.
    I still do that too, sometimes. Recording myself on video is helpful to see how/when/(and if it's fresh after a take)why I get stuck like that. It's pretty funny to see myself literally JUST SIT THERE for like ... A long time, compared to other Q's!!! Like I literally appear to be frozen except for an occasional twitch of the pencil. I haven't looked to see exactly how long those long times are but perhaps that could be another angle to consider.

And also taking sections with the stopwatch, writing down and color coding your time spent per Q. That = boss.
    20 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Agreed. I'd burn out if I did more than 3 hours a day for a long time.

@bruno.dalsanto I am just now doing causation questions. Maybe I can catch up a bit in the next two weeks. After that, school starts back up (I teach). So, it's now or never. haha
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Created June 2016 LSAT category and moved there.
    7965 karma
    @"s_tengler" said:
    @nicole.hopkins Agreed. I'd burn out if I did more than 3 hours a day for a long time.
    Phew ... yeah ... You've got a tough job so I think that's definitely true. My job is quite cushy so I was able to do about 5-6 hours/ day for a lot of the prep. But now I'm "pumping the breaks" because ... too much is just too much ...
    20 karma
    I was getting really frustrated with these weakening questions. Anybody else feel that way? Any advice?
    7965 karma
    @"s_tengler" said:
    I was getting really frustrated with these weakening questions.
    They're snagglepusses for a while for pretty much everyone. Keep at it—your weakness will become your strength!!
  • BeckhamaBeckhama Alum Member
    22 karma
    Was originally planning to apply this cycle, but think that the beneifts outweight the costs by giving myself an additional nine months to prepare.

I've been a bit back and forth. Did Powerscore LR and practiced a bit, and went from missing 4-6 to 2-3 in the timeframe. So far so good. Only scratched the surface in LG/RC, but am looking forward to any more progress I will make with the extra time frame. It also feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders and i'm a lot less stressed since i'm a PT student and full time at a collection company.

That said, i'm probably going to go through all the material again before foolproofing the games from 1-40 before I start doing timed sections/tests.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I'll be joining you for June.
  • lawlawlovelylawlawlovely Alum Member
    52 karma
    Me too!
  • Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma
    I'm with you all for June.
  • chelsLSATchelsLSAT Alum Member
    57 karma
    I was going to test in Dec but pushed to June. I'm now on your boat
  • bpnielsen-1bpnielsen-1 Alum Member
    22 karma
    I'm aiming for October 2016 latest. Good luck to everyone. Happy Prep! :)
  • SarahYanSarahYan Member
    edited November 2015 13 karma
    Aiming for June! Good luck to you all :)
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I decided to not take the December LSAT and to give myself enough time for the June exam. I'm going to redo the 7Sage curriculum coupled with drilling. This time, I'm going to go through the 7Sage curriculum SLOWLY to ensure I really understand every aspect of LR! Once I finish the curriculum, drilling every single game that has been released, and RC (manhattan and trainer books)--> I am going to start taking preptests. I feel by the time the June test comes along, I should be more than prepared! I'm going to start going through the curriculum again in a few weeks.

I wasn't planning on applying until next cycle anyways, so why not be sufficiently prepared rather than rush for December.

@nicole.hopkins your convo with me along with reading peoples responses to their October score reports really helped me to come to this conclusion, so thank you!
    1644 karma
    @sweetsecret I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this thing again.
  • CastruccioCastruccio Member
    29 karma
    Though I am currently registered for February, I am going to reschedule to June. I have a full time job (6 days a week, 12-16 hrs a day), so studying 40+ hours a week to prep for the February LSAT is unreasonable. 20+ hours a week is more manageable.

I am currently going through the 7Sage Core Curriculum (the Ultimate edition), after quitting my Testmasters online course which I started in early September.
  • milly_memilly_me Member
    21 karma
    Shooting myself for June 2016 instead of Dec 2015. We'll see T^T
    1278 karma
    I recalculated how long it will take me to get through the curriculum going through it SLOWLY and I should be done by mid January, giving me February-May to take practice tests. I hope there will be a BR group for the June test like they had for the others! I never got to attend the sessions but I heard they were great! I was reviewing practice tests with someone on Skype and it was so helpful, but I think it would be even more helpful after completing the curriculum and drilling.

I had initially signed up for the December test, but I am going to withdraw with partial refund. I thought about it and if I postpone to February and then June it will be around the same amount of money as just reregistering for the June LSAT.

@"GSU Hopeful" It's worth it! I know it will be longer, but hey I wasn't planning on applying until next cycle anyways, and all that matters is that we get our desired score in the end right!?
    7468 karma
    @sweetsecret said:
    I hope there will be a BR group for the June test like they had for the others!
    Have no fear. I’m actually not taking the test until June. There will be BR groups.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    ME! I WANT IN! :)
  • AurBorealAurBoreal Member
    74 karma
    Am keen to join BR groups - planning June as 1st attempt
  • KrugD-2416KrugD-2416 Free Trial Member
    33 karma
    @HerSixFour

Same here
  • Justin BJustin B Free Trial Member
    edited November 2015 28 karma
    I work full time but I'm planning to take in June. What 7sage package are you guys purchasing? Long story but took the test in 2009 got a 154 got into decent law schools now after all this time I'm trying again.
    1278 karma
    @"Justin B" I have the Ultimate which I will renew in May because I will need an extra month of access to track my preptests. Some people have said Ultimate Plus is great because it has more material and covers preptests 73-6.

@DumbHollywoodActor when do you think a blind review preptest schedule might be up/posted? Only asking because I plan on doing PT's 39-76, and I would love to follow along with the schedule of the BR group. I will probably start PTing mid January when I complete the curriculum.
    7468 karma
    @sweetsecret a tentative BR group schedule will be posted within the next week. We've also got some fun new things to add to it. Be on the lookout for that too
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I know there are several reasons why people are pushing back December, but why is everybody skipping February and scheduling for June? Because it's nondisclosed, or is there some other reason I'm unaware of?
    7468 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    Because it's nondisclosed, or is there some other reason I'm unaware of?
    Taking the LSAT in February for the first time is not advised because many, if not most, competitive law schools have already filled their rosters for that cycle, or if the haven’t, they’re already waiting on students who’ve applied, taken it once, and are trying to get in based on an improved score in February.

If you’re applying for the next year, you should probably then use the extra 4 months between February and June to really kick the LSAT’s butt.

But if you feel like you’ve peaked in February (a principle that I do NOT subscribe to. Anyone can improve given a certain amount of time. Even tutors who scored a 170+ state that over time, they get even better at the LSAT. Watch JonathanWang’s video of him completing an LR section in 19 minutes.) or you’re not going to be able to study from March to June, then February is a viable option.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Ahh, Gotcha @DumbHollywoodActor! Thx!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Another June taker here - just need to withdraw from December...sorry bank account.
  • Targeting June, maybe December - glad to be in it with you all.
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    Just withdrew from December and planning to take June. Currently at 148-152 and didn't think it was a good idea to write with that range. Hoping for 160-165 by June!
    1644 karma
    @nantesorkestar said:
    Just withdrew from December and planning to take June. Currently at 148-152 and didn't think it was a good idea to write with that range. Hoping for 160-165 by June!
    Good decision. Best of luck to you. Let us know if we can help any.
  • hazelnut13hazelnut13 Alum Member
    244 karma
    I'm in the June train with you guys as well!
  • lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    Was hoping to take the February but now it seems I may need to take the June with you all! Really nervous. Had originally planned to take the October 2015 but started studying too close to the date and have had to consistently push it back. Are any of you dealing with parental pressures for pushing back the test? I'm aiming for a 170+
  • bruingirl1205bruingirl1205 Alum Member
    444 karma
    Hey everyone! I'm also on track for June 2016, I decided to bow out of the test this Saturday. Looking forward to crushing the LSAT with you all! :)
  • allan.koganallan.kogan Member
    64 karma
    Sigh of relief I found the June group haha. I have realized after taking a speedy prep course two times and feeling rushed, I was forced to move quickly and not be able to fully understand the fundamentals of logic. (Not hating on them it works for some people but did not work for me). I was advised to push back my test date from Dillon to June instead of February which is a sigh of relief for me because then there is no rush and its about 24 hours of studying per week which sounds awesome. I am learning the basic fundamentals for the 3rd time which kind of concerns me because I feel like maybe I am wasting time doing that? (But then again its really helpful to hear it from a different more methodology that 7sage provides. Obviously my 4 months of studying did not do me well because I only went from a 134 to a 146 and I want to get to the mid 160 range. I am repeater and obviously there is no April or May exam I get that it would be ideal to space out my studying to June especially since it will give me enough time to take around 40 prep tests within the given course curriculum for the next 6 months. I am also not worried about burning out because it would force me to study around 2-3 hours a day instead of 6-8 which I used to do... and proving myself wrong again that it also did not help and is not an ideal range of studying per day as 2-3 hours are. I just feel like the one thing that concerns me is the beginning stages of the course you can get through pretty quickly, so what happens if I finish week 1 earlier than next Wednesday (I started today). I don't want to move forward because then that would make me finish the course earlier which could make me finish a month before the June test or maybe even more who knows. What should I do if I was recommended to space my studies until June for this course and I have a week or even weeks where I finish the lectures quickly. Especially the beginning ones since I am familiar with them. Obviously I wont be ready by February because I cant imagine taking the course in a month and then the last month take 40 exams that would be terrible lol. Please help me ease my nerves! Sorry for the long reply. I just dont want to feel like I am not doing enough.
    64 karma
    How are you guys spacing out your studying for June? Should I just continue to do a little bit everyday and build my fundamentals all over again for the next 6 months? Anybody have a recommended study plan for someone that has taken another course already twice? The first week of 7Sage is only 17 hours what if I finish early I dont want to rush it and finish taking all exams by like May and have a month up until the exam. I guess if I finish early maybe just review the material videos/everyday until the following week begins? Should I maybe start doing the games from the first prep test and so on to keep myself occupied?
    1644 karma
    @allan.kogan So have you just started the curriculum?
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    For any re-takers/people who have already studied for months, how do you go about re-taking PTs?

I have taken most of 62-71 before coming across 7sage. I know the course reserves the more recent prep tests for closer to the test date, however, I feel like I will still remember the questions. Possibly over time I will forget them but for some weird reason it sticks! Anyone else have this problem?
    64 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful Yes I just started the curriculum today. I did about 2 and a half hours worth of work, which I guess is going to be the average time per day for me around 3 hours a day I am assuming according to the study schedule reflecting my advised 6 month plan from Dillon. I just hope doing a little bit everyday is effective. After 2 months my core curriculum will be covered and for 4 months my plan says to take about two tests a week and blind review for 4 months straight. So I guess I should just follow this plan? Seems to work for lot of people? I just have a lot of time on my hands since I am not working and I dont want to feel like I am wasting time.
  • SteFunny-1-1-1SteFunny-1-1-1 Core Member
    edited December 2015 224 karma
    Hello all!
    I planned on taking the February LSAT but decided to postpone to June so I am right there with you guys! ☺️

Add me on Skype: Stephyv4288
  • time_to_gotime_to_go Alum Member
    edited February 2016 276 karma
    I've decided to take the Oct LSAT instead. Good luck June test takers!