Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Times between PTs

Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
edited May 2013 in General 136 karma
Feel like everytime I re-start my engine for PT after reviewing & resting even just for 3-4 days I got rusty..like terribly..

How much time you guys put in between your PTs? I know rest is critical to keep a clear head but too much interval time doesn't seem to work..

Comments

• Mark TenorioMark Tenorio Free Trial Member
    299 karma
    I usually take PT's on Thursdays. I then Review Friday and take the weekends off and go and review again starting Monday till Thursday.
  • Sean SullivanSean Sullivan Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    I've been doing one every two days or so. I think that it's all up to your personal preferences. If you're getting rusty after 3-4 days, maybe look to take one every other day or every third day. Perhaps reviewing specific topics that you need work on in between taking the PTs would keep you in a better "state" of mind.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    To prevent the "rusting" phenom, I find it useful to re-write an old PT (one that I don't remember very well) in between real PTs under timed condition. This helps me maintain my endurance level.
  • Corina McIntyreCorina McIntyre Free Trial Member
    21 karma
    Until last week I was doing 1 PT per week in the local library. I would review 7sage course content and do lots of LG sets and some timed sections in between PT days. Now I am doing 2 PT's per week until LSAT. My last PT will be the Friday before the test.

When I was studying for the dec 2012 LSAT there were a number of weeks when I took 3-4 PT's and this made me feel burnt out.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14022 karma
    @Corina, 1 or 2 PTs per week paired with serious Blind Reviewing is a really good rate.