Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law school prep

mes08mes08 Alum Member
edited January 2016 in General 578 karma
I've heard so many different views on this. What are your thoughts on law school prep? Given how much time and effort we put into studying for the LSAT, it feels odd to just sit around and not try and prepare for law school itself, since it's paving the road for the rest of our careers...Also, what's the latest on the 7sage law school prep course??

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    7Sage no longer has a law school prep course. The guy who ran it still does one though. Most people get by without doing any prep (including top performers across the board), so why not just enjoy your last few months of freedom? Furthermore, I feel like if you prep you will always come off like a gunner asshole in class because you will always want to cite something that hasn't been covered yet.

In sum, law school prep is neither sufficient nor necessary to success in law school. Just figure it out when you get there and ask upperclassmen for outlines and professors for old exams and you should be fine.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I ordered Larry's course a little while back when he was running a special. I've found it entertaining at the very least. I don't think it'll make or break anyone's law school experience but I think it's still worth considering. I also have to politely disagree, I don't think that prepping necessitates gunner status. Plus... who really cares? While I haven't finished the course, it looks like he encourages student to rely primarily on commercial outlines for actual content.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Instead of law school prep, do what I did and get a Playstation 4 so that you can play Fallout 4.

*leaves abruptly*
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Or stop playing Fallout 4 and go watch Making A Murderer so you can join the discussion.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    But you can't just leave Dogmeat behind... Look at that face.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @Pacifico I just started watching How to Get Away with Murder today. My high school friend plays the character Khan lol...I don't like the show that much though; it's a bit soap opera-y. Much prefer Damages and Better Call Saul...