Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any interest in creating an RC study group to parallel the BR call PT's?

twssmithtwssmith Alum
in Study Groups 5120 karma
BR calls are great covering LR but RC does not really lend itself to a true BR process.
For me, RC is inconsistent varying on my ability to either parse out heavily convoluted text or to recognize the inferences within the passage. Given everyone's different backgrounds with different strengths, I am hoping to find a group to break down the weekly BR PT passages with a quick review of questions. Maybe macro summary of the passages mirroring the 8+ minutes we have per passage?
I know that I would greatly benefit from different perspectives on how to relate to a passage and gain wisdom from different thought processes on how to strategically read passages that are difficult for me.
If anyone is interested, please share any ideas of how to build a study group!

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @twssmith this sounds great! I'm in if we can get a start time before 8 ET. How would we incorporate this with the LR BR schedules? I don't know everything that's scheduled but there's usually a workshop on Friday nights, right? Maybe schedule the RC BR 2-3 hrs before the BR call that night for LR? Or maybe just make it all one call. I'm not sure the typical length of the BR calls but could we just adjust the hours 2-3 hrs prior to the current start time then break for 15-20 and start the LR BR as usual? Have the RC call on the same day so it doesn't interfere with possible workshops?? Is that too much for one day?
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @tanes256 the BR calls are often several hours long; we will likely have to make it two calls in order to maximize learning and comprehension.

@twssmith there are 2 BRs a week, would we be Going over both? I ask because I'm keeping up with the 70s series but not the 50s.
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    Sounds like it could be really benefiticial @twssmith @
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I'm in!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Great idea!
    4344 karma
    I'll come play sometimes too :)
  • LsatChicLsatChic Member
    191 karma
    Great idea
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Count me in!
    4344 karma
    Let me know when you guys want to do this and I'll help organize.
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    SO IN
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    I would like to do this if my schedule permits, hopefully it won't be as late as the BR calls tend to run.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited May 2016 5120 karma
    So exciting the response for this type of study group.
    Thank you @"Nicole Hopkins" for your support!

@BruiserWoods With my switch to Sept test date, I am not going to be taking any more of the 70+ PT's. The Saturday BR group is incredibly strong -- any way to build a RC study group for those of you focusing on a June test date? @Sheri123 and others that are definitively taking June, this is your chance to build a study group that is the best for you to achieve your optimum scores:)

One of the greatest lessons I have learned from being a part of 7Sage - if you build a foundation - they will support you:)

For the rest of the month, I will be celebrating my daughters graduation from high school. If anyone wants to organize any RC study groups - please take the initiative to make it happen!
    4344 karma
    Yeah guys—I'll do RC tonight with y'all. And let me know if you'd like to gather for a RC intensive. We can discuss tonight!
    1196 karma
    Which exam & what time would that be @Nicole Hopkins?
    4344 karma
    1196 karma
    I haven't retaken that one yet so I will probably skip tonight but will definitely look forward to participating another time.