Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your score on LR?

KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
in General 984 karma
I was just wondering what do you guys consistently score on LR?

Comments

• caseyleecaseylee Member
    edited September 2016 18 karma
    I've been stuck at getting 17-19 right since I started studying for the LSAT. Some days are worse, but that is the norm for me.
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    I pt at around 17, then br at 20
  • BreeBreeBreeBree Member
    edited September 2016 219 karma
    19 Under timed, unable to finish 3 because time runs out. BR 24 (this includes the 3 I did not get a chance to finish). Ultimately, I miss two that were circled. #DecemberTester
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    21-22, BR 23-34
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    about 17 give or take, i need to get better :(
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    It depends. However, my LR BR score on my last PT was -1/-2 per section, I believe.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    I was 21-22 today and BR is close perfect. Closing that gap has been one of the most difficult things about this process.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    I believed my LR to be the worst, I am now at 18-19... looks about normal for many people here... I wonder how to improve from this point on?
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    17-20 Timed

21-24 BR

Frustrating
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    I believed my LR to be the worst, I am now at 18-19... looks about normal for many people here... I wonder how to improve from this point on?
    Any particular type you are missing? Make sure to utilize the analytics. It showed me I was missing a BUNCH of flaw and sufficient assumption questions when I first started using 7Sage. Now my LR has improved immensely.

Tips on how to improve going forward. some are obvious, but important nonetheless.

Pre phrase answers
    Develop a true mind of a skeptic. I always look for what is wrong with answer choices first unless I see an answer I pre-phased immediately. And even then I will make sure I eliminate the others if I have time.
    Eliminate wrong answers. As soon as one of the answer choices commits even a slightly egregious error in reasoning *boom* it needs to be gone. Never sit and try to justify an answer being right. You'll trick yourself into picking the wrong answer that way.
    Review your conditional logic and translations. Make sure you can recite the translations in your sleep.
    Learn to skip properly. If I read through and am still confused I skip. Get the low hanging fruit as J.Y. explains. I skip about 4 per LR section and I end up with somewhere around 8-9 minutes if I skip properly to do those last few. It makes such a big difference knowing I'm not stressing myself out about time and can focus on getting those curve breaking right.

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    @"Alex Divine" it looks like i am struggling with flaw/descriptive weakening the most. i am doing well on time (usually have a minute left), and the issue is i am always sure in my answer choices. but i will try to analyze them better next time and just leave the ones i have doubts in for later and come back to them after i answered the rest of the questions.