Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stolen answer sheet nightmare

ppcoelho1ppcoelho1 Alum Member
edited September 2016 in General 156 karma
I just received an email from lsac saying the answer sheets from my test center (sep 2016) were stolen so I will have to either take a makeup test on the 8th of october or wait until december!
I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else and if there is any specificity to makeup LSATs that I should be wary of??

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited September 2016 11542 karma
    Not another mishap! What location was this? I think this is another reason why LSAC wants to move towards computerized testing. I'm sorry this happened to you, unfortunately a similar experience happened to December 2015 LSAT takers in Santa Barbara, California and a few years back in Florida but the answer sheets were lost in transit. LSAC also gave them the opportunity to take the test again a few weeks after receiving the news. It's really up to you if you want to take it again soon or wait until December.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Holy shit. That's awful. Or is it? Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    Seriously the LSAC has got to stop this, it's getting ridiculous. So unfair, which testing center was this?
  • LibertyKokoLibertyKoko Member
    61 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    Seriously the LSAC has got to stop this, it's getting ridiculous. So unfair, which testing center was this?
    What can they really do about something like this? I guess the testing center should have had the tests in a more secure location. But if test get lost in the mail, I don't see how there is a solution.
    11542 karma
    @LibertyKoko the only solution is to offer a free LSAT and to put a note on their account saying their application is being delayed because of a mishap with the answer sheets.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    This sucks, no question about it. I'm big on silver linings though and think at this point you should look at this as another chance to do even better! Consider Saturday's just a practice run. Now you know what to expect AND you know what you need to work on.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    So they have to administer the same test, right?
    4181 karma
    This is crazy. I never knew this was a thing.
  • ppcoelho1ppcoelho1 Alum Member
    edited September 2016 156 karma
    This was the test center in rio (brazil)! I am feeling positive about the retake but it will be a different test! Thanks for the replies everyone
    edited September 2016 11542 karma
    Lol no @danielznelson. Completely different test. If this was in USA I'd say hey no computer virus game :D but it's still an unfortunate situation.
    11542 karma
    I hope you score well (even better) on this newer test @ppcoelho1
    4181 karma
    Haha, gotcha. First read of a few of these comments, and they made it seem to me initially that it was the same test. I couldn't believe it.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    WTF, that's insane. Sounds like something out of a movie. I hope you get an even better score!! Good luck!
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    You got this! It's amazing all the different things that can go awry........
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma
    That is crazy. I like the idea of looking at this positively. You got a free trial run of the LSAT without using a take. You are one of a select few to do this. Take this practice and go kill it on the retake! The admissions committee will get the letter from LSAC explaining the delay. That should mitigate any problems with a later application.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    . If this was in USA I'd say hey no computer virus game
    That computer virus game gave me an instant virus during the test.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2016 2086 karma
    Are you kidding me? AGAIN? Jeez, LSAC needs to stop focusing on people stealing (illegally downloading) practice tests and direct their attention towards those stealing actual tests.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    Jfc
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    This is really scary
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    I just died 5x while reading this thread. This is by far my greatest fear. LSAC really needs to make this exam computerized. What happens if the exams show up after you retest?
  • hazelnut13hazelnut13 Alum Member
    244 karma
    Oh my god. That's crazy! But you should definitely look at the bright side. You have another chance to kill it that many others don't. If you did it once you can definitely do it again!

Best of luck on the retake.
    11542 karma
    @TheLoftGuy said:
    LSAC really needs to make this exam computerized.
    Shhhhhh let's not speak of such things!

@TheLoftGuy said:
    What happens if the exams show up after you retest?
    It's nullified either way. It won't be scored.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    This is so terrible. I am so sorry this happened. It's nice to try to look on the bright side, but you have every right to be upset at this situation - as well as the other testers affected. LSAC shows absolutely no mercy for things like this, but they drop the ball regularly. Sad.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    edited October 2016 690 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    It's nullified either way. It won't be scored.
    Yes this is horrible and so not fair. What is the reasoning behind this still being a paper exam?
  • StarGirlLSATStarGirlLSAT Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    Aw man this gave me anxiety! Really hope you kill the re-write! Sending positive vibes your way!
  • porscharporschar Member
    5 karma
    wow
  • porscharporschar Member
    5 karma
    i would be so mad lol . I took mine this September too.
  • danieldaniel Free Trial Member
    18 karma
    @ppcoelho1, que foda isso! Brasil já tem tão poucos applications pra J.D. por ano e o LSAC ainda faz um negócio desses. Mas, como a galera já falou mais pra cima, bora pensar positivo, que vai dar certo! Boa sorte para vc e espero que dê tudo certo!
  • rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma
    phenomenon: someone steals LSAC answer sheet
    why?

hypothesis: to quickly use that as someone else's answer sheet?

??? lost in transit I understand. stolen?

alt hypothesis: LSAC trying to use different words to obscure the same thing happening over and over again: them fucking up.

at least you get a second shot! that's pretty cool. good luck!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @RafaelBernard said:
    hypothesis: to quickly use that as someone else's answer sheet?
    Right like what would the point even be