Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing Amy

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited November 2016 in General 7331 karma

Hi everyone! I’m excited to introduce our new admissions editor, Amy Bonnaffons ( @amycbon ). I’ve known Amy for a long time, and there is no one I trust more for this job: she’s an essay ninja.

Amy earned her BA from Yale and her MFA in fiction from NYU. Her work has been published everywhere from The New York Times (check out this one) and The Wall Street Journal to Kenyon Review and The Sun, earning awards and fellowships galore along the way. She has deep editorial and admissions essay experience, and she happens to be the first person I send all of my own fiction and essays to.

You’ll find her full bio on the About page, but I’ll share a couple more facts that she’d be too embarrassed to tell you herself. She recently landed a high-powered agent for her brain-exploding novel about angels (humans too), and she has grapheme-color synesthesia, which makes her a real-life editing superhero.

For the time being, everyone who signs up for a Premium admissions course or higher will be getting an extra good deal, since we’ll be reading over each other’s work and conferring to make sure we’re giving you the best possible advice. (You’ll only be communicating with one of us, though.)

Let’s welcome Amy to the community!

Comments