Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW June 2017 Study/BR Group!

nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
edited November 2016 in Study Groups 4141 karma
Hey Yall!

We have a new study group geared for those of you who are planning on taking the June 2017 LSAT. This post is to gauge interest and to give you all a heads up about the new LSAT study group. Below I have posted a schedule that is very flexible. This is a new feature of the study group. This means that those of you who attend will get to help decide what PTs we take, what day and time you want to BR them, when we want to take breaks (we'll adjust the schedule for holidays), and what question types and LSAT sections we workshop with Sages etc. I really want this to be more than a Blind Review group, so it is to your advantage to be vocal during the study group session about what particular PTs we should switch in (provided we start with the lower number PTs and work in ascending order). You (the June2017 LSAT taker) should also speak up about what issues, question types, LSAT sections etc we should look into work-shopping when we meet.

Comment below if you would like me to tag you for our first meeting on December 3rd at 5pm EST and complete the attached poll to provide feedback for the date that we will meet next, after the initial December 3rd meeting.

Current tentative PT schedule -- https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=aWw1aWEzYTRkbWdoaDZsa3U3YjBsaDBlZDBAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
Note this is subject to change to reflect the needs of the group.

I'm really looking forward to this and I can't wait to begin studying with you!

P.S. theme gif requests welcome :)
What day is preferable to meet?
  1. Sunday62 votes
    1. Monday
      14.52%
    2. Wednesday
        9.68%
    3. Saturday, keep it as is
      75.81%

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2016 23929 karma
    Looking forward to this study group because I'll be taking in June most likely!

Are the tests going to be done in order starting with 36?

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Gotta love how the BR groups keep evolving - thanks @nessa.k13.0 for heading this up!!
    Tag me pls:)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Are the tests going to be done in order starting with 36?
    Check the schedule that Vanessa posted:)
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2016 4141 karma
    Hey @"Alex Divine" if we started in the 30s we'll have to cut from the 70s or from a break. Check out the schedule so far. Since the PTs in the 30s are from the 7Sage "easiest test prep set" we could take them on our own. If enough people want to cut a break or random issue day in the schedule though to fit a 30s PT though---we'll do it. It's up to y'all who show up!

@twssmith gotcha!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @twssmith said:
    Check the schedule that Vanessa posted:)
    Awesome! I was so stupid I forgot to check the second page :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 said:
    Hey @"Alex Divine" if we started in the 30s we'll have to cut from the 70s or from a break. Check out the schedule so far. Since the PTs in the 30s are from the 7Sage "easiest test prep set" we could take them on our own. If enough people want to cut a break or random issue day in the schedule though to fit a 30s PT though---we'll do it. It's up to y'all who show up!

That makes sense! I'm stoked for this study group :)
  • dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma
    This is awesome! Thanks for getting this started Vanessa! Please tag me as well :)
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    June is my exam :) count me in!
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    Please count me in!

Question: the pep rally is scheduled for Friday, June 2nd, but the June '17 LSAT is scheduled for Monday, June 12, 2017. What do we do that last week+? (I'm new to 7Sage).

Question: sometimes I will not be able to attend the scheduled sessions, whatever days they are on--is that OK?

Sorry, one last question: I'm new to 7Sage, so I'm not entirely clear about the scheduling, and yes, I'm "doing it wrong" for the most part (forced to pick LSAT dates, and THEN adjust my study schedule accordingly), but...what should we be prepared for by PT session time? Do the PT, then BR it, and hold off doing anything else to it (especially "grading it") until we have the BR study session?

Thanks for hosting this! (I am in dire need of getting my act together like all you smart people have obviously done.)
    Gotcha @dml277 @BinghamtonDave haha @"Alex Divine"

@ScooterMinion yeah the schedule is a SUPER rough draft, aka it'll 100% change, it as in don't get attached to it at all. I'll make the pep rally that last week OR if JY does another PT BR session we may want to schedule that in sometime (idk why we wouldn't tbh). It's an outline, so think of it as a guideline that the core study group will certainly change to reflect the needs of the group. We'll definitely have a pep rally. Don't worry, flexibility is a new feature of BR/study groups so we'll figure it out...trust----I won't leave you alone to hype yourself up for the exam.

That's cool if you can't attend. The schedule is going to change as in, if everyone wants to meet on Wednesday at 6pm for example the next time, then we will. I'll give y'all notice and post on the discussion board in study groups when each meeting is, so you'll have ample notice.

Definitely finish the core curriculum, drill down your problem areas, and fool proof more early PT logic games. This way you'll be in good shape to not to make as many mistakes due to not understanding of the fundamentals. We have about two weeks, so I'll be reviewing the cc too!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    So proud of you, Vanessa! <3
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    Got it, @nessa.k13.0. THANK YOU!

I'm looking forward to learning much from this group!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Count me in.
  • Please tag me!
  • EmelyM93EmelyM93 Member
    75 karma
    I'm in! This will be my first time taking the LSAT so I'm excited to jump right into prepping for it!
  • The Book of EliThe Book of Eli Alum Member
    25 karma
    I'm interested
  • 877blessed877blessed Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Hello All,
    Newbie here. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you guys as we study for the LSAT.
  • aimhigheraimhigher Alum Member
    100 karma
    Thank you so much for planning this! Count me in :)
  • jgsiscojgsisco Alum Member
    38 karma
    Tag me please!
  • leannasamsonleannasamson Alum Member
    88 karma
    Please count me in. Thank you!
  • Omed_OvOOmed_OvO Alum Member
    158 karma
    Please tag me! Thanks!
  • cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma
    Please tag me! This is great! Thank you so much!
  • a.ruqaiiaa.ruqaiia Alum Member
    114 karma
    Hi Please tag me! This will be my first time joining a blind review group, so I am not familiar with how it is supposed to work. Is it necessary to purchase the 7sage course packages?
  • SharmetzSharmetz Member
    15 karma
    Count me in! I've been needing the extra boost to study after a disappointing September take and I'm excited to get back into the groove of things.
  • H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma
    Hey! I'm also planning to write in June. Though I've been a user on this for 2 months, I haven't really had much time to do much of the lessons. So I'm super new.
  • JennaG60JennaG60 Member
    5 karma
    please tag me as well! June 2017 will be my first LSAT attempt
  • Citygirl-1-1Citygirl-1-1 Core Member
    113 karma
    Please tag me as well. Super excited for June 2017
  • DinnerAtSixDinnerAtSix Member
    86 karma
    Please tag me in too! Thank you for this!
  • Aaron MorrisAaron Morris Member
    3 karma
    Interested!
  • mckenzieleanne10mckenzieleanne10 Free Trial Member
    1 karma
    Please tag me. Thanks!
  • Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma
    Definitely interested :)
  • hhhiser_06hhhiser_06 Alum Member
    46 karma
    I would like to join. Thanks for putting this together!
  • KWoulf13KWoulf13 Member
    198 karma
    Count me in
    @877blessed and @mnrahall I'm glad you will be joining us--welcome! Please finish the core curriculum before you PT. This way you'll ideally have the basics down and this will save you a lot of struggling with the fundamentals. Review the lessons on how to properly blind review too and you'll be good to go.

@a.ruqaiia hmm to my knowledge it is unprecedented to join a blind review group without doing the 7sage curriculum. I highly recommend getting a package, especially because the blind review method is a 7sage concept that is explained in the curriculum. I would advise not participating in this group without having gone through the 7sage core curriculum.

gotcha @jennagould60 @Citygirl @aaronmorris222 @bswise2 @KWoulf13
    you're welcome @mckenzieleanne10 @hhhiser_06 @DinnerAtSix :)
  • patriciafreeneypatriciafreeney Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    In order to stay up-to-date, is there a requirement to join the study group or anything like that?
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @patriciafreeney said:
    is there a requirement to join the study group or anything like that?
    Hi @patriciafreeney there is no particular requirement to join the group. All that is recommended is that you take the test before you come to the call. In addition to taking the test, I would also highly recommend doing a blind review by yourself of the test before the call.

• DiligentFxy0628DiligentFxy0628 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Count me in please. Thank you!
  • karenkarenkarenkaren Alum Member
    116 karma
    Please tag me! Thanks!
  • couchifercouchifer Member
    edited November 2016 17 karma
    I'm planning on taking the June exam as well! So count me in (and please tag me). :) Can't wait to study with you all!
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    Been out of the game for a really long time (almost a 5 month break since my June take!) but I'm slowly gearing up for a retake. Coming back into the beloved 7sage community! Count me in!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @poohbear said:
    Coming back into the beloved 7sage community! Count me in!
    Winnie!
  • spbarry21spbarry21 Member
    14 karma
    Please tag me! Thanks so much!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @poohbear said:
    Coming back into the beloved 7sage community!
    Winnie!!!! Missed you so much and glad you are back:)
  • SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 count me in :)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @SherryS1 All the support for making a good decision to go for June!! You are strong and can only increase your opportunities:) YAY!!
  • SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    Thanks @twssmith :) It was definitely hard coming to terms with the fact that the December ship had sailed. Thanks for all your support during my "deliberations" ;). I'm excited!!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @SherryS1 said:
    I'm excited!!
    Isn't that what it is all about!!!
  • smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma
    Count me in!
  • pomegranatespomegranates Alum Member
    139 karma
    Add me in as well! :)