Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delete social media accounts before applying to Law School?

2»

Comments

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

I havent had social media in years, my wife and I used to compete in body building competitions, and most of our friends were in the same situation so every time i opened IG it was half naked people flexing, and we decided maybe its time to focus on better things lol. But yes I seen people not get jobs because of IG or Fb i mean that picture rocking sunglasses in a night club drinking water with the facial expression of melting butter screams crackhead... who know maybe school frown upon those things if not delete at least clean it up. take a picture with a dolphin or a president, well not trump that may ruin your chances.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jowens7317 said:
    I have no idea if they can see when it was deactivated but I'm sure they can find out during the application process by asking you why you don't have social media, when you deleted it, etc. and it probably wouldn't be best to lie haha also it probably wouldn't be good to say I deleted it right before applying and they ask why and you essentially say so you guys wouldn't see anything and deny or rescind my admission so this really is a tricky topic @"Alex Divine"

I'm starting to think we are extrapolating a little too much here, haha. There's some threads on TLS of common interview questions from the top schools, and they don't ever seem to ask why you don't have a FB/Twitter/Insta. Then again, you never know.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    I havent had social media in years, my wife and I used to compete in body building competitions, and most of our friends were in the same situation so every time i opened IG it was half naked people flexing, and we decided maybe its time to focus on better things lol. But yes I seen people not get jobs because of IG or Fb i mean that picture rocking sunglasses in a night club drinking water with the facial expression of melting butter screams crackhead... who know maybe school frown upon those things if not delete at least clean it up. take a picture with a dolphin or a president, well not trump that may ruin your chances.

I can see that. I delete my FB and remake it every few years for that reason. In college it was just everyone "flexing" in the club or doing something school-related where I was. Afterwards, it was just everyone from my job complaining about the same stuff.

And lmao of the description of the crackhead. I'm just imagining a few people who might fit this description. They're in Finance mostly and not going to law school. So it's all gravy for them, haha.