Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official June LSAT Discussion Thread

12346»

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 3072 karma

@Kewlaidd said:
    Guys are we allowed to ask about the rules for the M/S/T game? Not inferences, I just cant seem to remember the rules/game itself and i'm trying desperately to recreate it in hopes of seeing if i got a question right.
    I know it was 4 people, 3 cities.
    thanks.

Which question are you worried about? #23? hehehe

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

No, cannot discuss the details of the game other than section# and keywords.

• friessjcfriessjc Alum Member
    4 karma

@"LSAT Is Coming" said:
    There's been some solid analysis online regarding the curves that can be expected from different test dates. June exams disproportionately have a -10 curve. In fact, the vast majority are -10, with very few exceptions. Typically, the more generous curves (-12, -13) occur with the December exam. September/October usually comes up in the middle, leaning toward -10. I have no idea why this is, but the numbers don't lie.

Granted, there's bound to be an exception at some point -- maybe we'll luck out!

Source: http://lsatblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/easiest-lsat-curve-hardest-june.html

Curves for June tests:

2005: -9
    2006: -10
    2007: -8
    2008: -10
    2009: -11
    2010: -12
    2011: -11
    2012: -10
    2013: -11
    2014: -13
    2015: -10
    2016: -11

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

Can someone explain what a -10 curve means. Like a sample score breakdown. Thanks

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@smseraj3 said:
    Can someone explain what a -10 curve means. Like a sample score breakdown. Thanks

the curve refers to how many you can get wrong for a 170. for a -10 would mean that 10 questions wrong would get you a 170.

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

@TheMikey

Thanks. That makes sense

• cottonwooddrapercottonwooddraper Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 7 karma

I'm hoping for a better curve like -12 or -13 for a 170. Logic Games has always been my best section so I don't think having the games be pretty easy helps me. I finished the logic games section with 7 minutes remaining and went back over almost every question to double check, do iterations, to make sure my answers were correct, pretty sure I got 23-0, at least let's hope so. I consistently got 22-1 on practice tests no matter the difficulty. I had the LR RC LR LG LR setup. I wish I had the double logic game setup or that the LG section came earlier so it could have given me confidence because I feel really good about the last two sections. I was very nervous and had a lot of adrenaline going so that first section of LR really got me going, which I think is confirmed to have been the experimental section. I feel pretty good about RC except the inference passage, I had a hard time understanding one of the sentences that talked about the baby experiment which was annoying, I honestly couldn't get a good group of what happened in the test, it seemed like the sentence was contradictory. Then the third section, LR, I felt pretty good about. Anyhow, I'm anxious as I'm sure everyone else is to see what my score will be. Sometimes I took practice tests and didn't feel great about them but ended up with a good score, so I really don't know. I could have done really well or average, hoping to be the former of the two! I loved studying for the LSAT, I don't know what else to do now! Starting to read books that are good for pre-law and what not, and I still find myself doing sections of LSAT prep tests because I like them, I think they work your brain in a good way.

I also recall having quite a bit of straight line bubbling, mainly in LR if I can remember. It was freaking me out. Anyone else have that?

Hope everyone did well!

• cthompson2848cthompson2848 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

So apparently the LR question with the school deciding whether to allow students to use online sources on papers was experimental (I had a feeling when answering it). Does anyone else remember any other questions that were in the same section as this? I had 3 LR sections, and for some reason, I feel like I had this question later in the test. Like the 3rd or 5th section.

• ELpell23ELpell23 Member
    101 karma

@cottonwooddraper said:
    I'm hoping for a better curve like -12 or -13 for a 170. Logic Games has always been my best section so I don't think having the games be pretty easy helps me. I finished the logic games section with 7 minutes remaining and went back over almost every question to double check, do iterations, to make sure my answers were correct, pretty sure I got 23-0, at least let's hope so. I consistently got 22-1 on practice tests no matter the difficulty. I had the LR RC LR LG LR setup. I wish I had the double logic game setup or that the LG section came earlier so it could have given me confidence because I feel really good about the last two sections. I was very nervous and had a lot of adrenaline going so that first section of LR really got me going, which I think is confirmed to have been the experimental section. I feel pretty good about RC except the inference passage, I had a hard time understanding one of the sentences that talked about the baby experiment which was annoying, I honestly couldn't get a good group of what happened in the test, it seemed like the sentence was contradictory. Then the third section, LR, I felt pretty good about. Anyhow, I'm anxious as I'm sure everyone else is to see what my score will be. Sometimes I took practice tests and didn't feel great about them but ended up with a good score, so I really don't know. I could have done really well or average, hoping to be the former of the two! I loved studying for the LSAT, I don't know what else to do now! Starting to read books that are good for pre-law and what not, and I still find myself doing sections of LSAT prep tests because I like them, I think they work your brain in a good way.

I also recall having quite a bit of straight line bubbling, mainly in LR if I can remember. It was freaking me out. Anyone else have that?

Hope everyone did well!

Yes- I had straight line bubbling too in one of the LR sections. I've heard from others that they had the same thing.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

anybody get their scores yet, i read that usually some people get them a week ahead so this is the week maybe their working hard to get them to us before the long weekend, optimism !

• gbanipalgbanipal Alum Member
    24 karma

Did worse than expected going to work hard and re-write my LSAT again probably in September.