Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the funny post!

olioliberolioliber Alum Member

Any pre post during lsat - funny stories? Share them here!

Comments

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

I took mine at osu. The room was so hot, we actually had to stop the test and open all windows.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@oberdysz said:
    I took mine at osu. The room was so hot, we actually had to stop the test and open all windows.

You a beaver, or just visiting?

Absolutely nothing interesting happened at my test center.

• ArtoriusArtorius Alum Member
    188 karma

I almost laugh out loud when I see that "city use goat" question in LR.

729 karma

@10000019 said:

@oberdysz said:

Ohio state?

729 karma

Anyone listens to The Thinking Lsat? I agree very much with them when it comes to to not using a watch during the test. Well, my proctor today decided to take the wall clock off the wall and place it right in front of my eyes..... people where fighting to move it right left, and I was whispering underneath my breath "put it in the trash"

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Oh nvm I was thinking of Oregon state

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@oberdysz said:
    Anyone listens to The Thinking Lsat? I agree very much with them when it comes to to not using a watch during the test. Well, my proctor today decided to take the wall clock off the wall and place it right in front of my eyes..... people where fighting to move it right left, and I was whispering underneath my breath "put it in the trash"

Yeah, I've listened to many of their podcasts. Do you know which one talks about not using a watch? That is so interesting to me and I'd really love to check it out :)

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 218 karma

An opera singer randomly began belting in the room above us (as mentioned in my post). I imagine she looked something like this:

Nothing I can do but laugh now...
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/aa1ceff08c3e5c849648bfbfb5caae2f/tenor.gif

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

@oberdysz said:

@10000019 said:

@oberdysz said:

Ohio state?

I'm just going to guess that if you are a Buckeye, you would've made sure to place "the" before the acronym. Ha

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

I broke into a coughing fit, had residual cold symptoms. Luckily it was the writing sample section.

• H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member
    204 karma

After the proctor read the standard "how to take the LSAT" speech, he asked if there were any questions. Some jackass raised his hand and asked if any of it was going to be on the test.

That jackass was me. A few people laughed, including the proctor.

I also got some dirty looks because I got to use two desks. I'm left-handed, and they ran out of left handed decks for people to use. The desks were barely large enough to fit a fully opened LSAT book, so me having that extra desk to the side let me spread out a bit. To be fair, I just put my elbow on it. I didn't want to lord it too much.

• DawnHenryDawnHenry Alum Member
    edited December 2017 298 karma

There was a guy in my group who had 6 highlighters of various colors and at least 2 dozen pencils. I really wondered if he used all the highlighters but was too busy to watch obviously.

Older guy in front/left of me finished every section at least 5 minutes early. Not sure if he’s a super genius or over confident.

• BillGreenpointBillGreenpoint Alum Member
    edited December 2017 318 karma

Similarly, a young man directly in front of me finished every single section 10 minutes early and just sat there motionless, with good posture, with his booklet closed.

I wonder if he was an android.

• ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

@"Arthur K." said:
    I almost laugh out loud when I see that "city use goat" question in LR.

HAHA me too, had to reread it I was like, wait what goat?!

• ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

@BillGreenpoint said:
    Similarly, a young man directly in front of me finished every single section 10 minutes early and just sat there motionless, with good posture, with his booklet closed.

I wonder if he was an android.

Whoa... just how ?

729 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@oberdysz said:

Yeah, I've listened to many of their podcasts. Do you know which one talks about not using a watch? That is so interesting to me and I'd really love to check it out :)

Not sure exactly which episodes, but they talk about it very often. Not using a watch made a huge difference for me.

729 karma

@dytmom_3x said:

@oberdysz said:

@10000019 said:

@oberdysz said:

Ohio state?

I'm just going to guess that if you are a Buckeye, you would've made sure to place "the" before the acronym. Ha

Oh no! I forgot the "the" hahahahahahah always thought it's silly how much they care about the "the"

729 karma

I also had someone bragging about how they finish every section in about 20 minutes... in my head I was like- you must not be doing too well.

729 karma

One person left during the break. Why would you leave when you can take the whole thing and then cancel

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@oberdysz said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@oberdysz said:

Not sure exactly which episodes, but they talk about it very often. Not using a watch made a huge difference for me.

Yeah I can totally see how sort of orienting your internal clock would be advantageous. I'm going to look into it. Always open to new and helpful strategies.

• edited December 2017 1025 karma

They booked a room for the test that some medicinal teaching thing already had in advance, so we had to test in a classroom with long tables where our tea
    testbooks were practically touching the people to the left/right.

• mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
    146 karma

"Now, please could everyone wiggle in their chairs like this [proctor demonstrates the "wiggle"]" so we, oddly, do, and various chairs start squeaking... and then re-positioning begins. then.... resume instructions ... [hand raised] a protest "[turning to the girl next to her] I'm so sorry, I hope you don't ....but ...[back to the room of 50 people, and directed back to the proctor] "her chair is just a little bit of a distraction"

[girls moves to next seat]

[Proctor] "young lady, could you wiggle your seat for us" ... [squeakle sqeackles] ... [moves again]

[rest of room takes rigid zombie status for next 4 hours]

she eventually found a quiet home but ... I don't know how you recover from that drama.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Another ThinkingLSAT fan here. Nathan believes in the no-watch concept and it's been mentioned in maybe 5 episodes.

• StothentothekStothentothek Free Trial Member
    69 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@oberdysz said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@oberdysz said:

Yeah I can totally see how sort of orienting your internal clock would be advantageous. I'm going to look into it. Always open to new and helpful strategies.

I found a watch to be really helpful, but I had practiced using it to gauge time after the 5 minute warning. As in, when do I need to start randomly bubbling to get every question filled in. I can 100% see how using a watch could end up actually wasting your time or breaking your concentration to check it. Luckily, I ended up finishing every section on this one under time anyway, so that was nice! Cheers to adrenaline!