Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pitchs for 7Sage?

paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
in General 1032 karma

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across 7Sage after it was mentioned in an LSAT curriculum I've been using. I've since been using the free trial and have been really impressed with the techniques and sense of community. Consequently, I've been flirting with upgrading to the Ultimate grade in order to continue developing my skills. At the same time, I've been looking at some other online courses that offer one-on-one guidance, which I suspect would be helpful in terms of accountability to make sure that my score continues to increase (currently, I'm usually scoring around 163-166 on my PTs). I've been studying for the LSAT since November, and I'm hoping to break the 170 threshold on the June test.

While I wouldn't consider myself to be lazy or a procrastinator, I know from when I completed my undergrad that I always excel in settings where camaraderie pushes me to be better. All that beings said, do people have some thoughts on whether they have found the 7Sage curriculum/community to push them to be consistent in their prep?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

First off, you need to do better.

:P

Second, I owe my score almost entierly to this community. 7Sage will keep it real without discouraging you. I love this community, people are always willing to help you achieve your goal, but they won’t sugar coat it!

It’s worth it in my opinion. Between the core curriculum and J.Y.’s awesome explanations and the free webinars they offer 7Sage has everything someone needs to be succuesful. The only thing you need to bring is the dedication and to put in the work!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:
    Hey everyone,

I stumbled across 7Sage after it was mentioned in an LSAT curriculum I've been using. I've since been using the free trial and have been really impressed with the techniques and sense of community. Consequently, I've been flirting with upgrading to the Ultimate grade in order to continue developing my skills. At the same time, I've been looking at some other online courses that offer one-on-one guidance, which I suspect would be helpful in terms of accountability to make sure that my score continues to increase (currently, I'm usually scoring around 163-166 on my PTs). I've been studying for the LSAT since November, and I'm hoping to break the 170 threshold on the June test.

While I wouldn't consider myself to be lazy or a procrastinator, I know from when I completed my undergrad that I always excel in settings where camaraderie pushes me to be better. All that beings said, do people have some thoughts on whether they have found the 7Sage curriculum/community to push them to be consistent in their prep?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

No need for a pitch! 7Sage's reviews speak for themselves: 4.92/5 stars -- highest rated LSAT course https://7sage.com/lsat-course-reviews/ :)

We have a study group that meets every Tuesday night for those taking the June 18' LSAT https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/14346/june18-study-group-blind-review-pt-44-tuesday-jan-9th-7-30-pm-est

There's also the wonderful community that is extremely supportive with a no-BS policy when it comes to giving advice. Like @LSATcantwin said, if you're willing to put in the work, then the sky's the limit with respect to your score.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited January 2018 1866 karma

I personally found the curriculum well-structured and I saw myself improving as I studied each section, so that was extremely motivating.
    But more than that, the community here is fantastic. I've made some amazing friends through blind review groups I've joined, and they keep me accountable since we meet up almost every week to study together. We sometimes message just to chat, share our worries, destress, and motivate each other to do better. It's great when one of us finishes our journey, and it's great to have people cheering you on who understand the emotional stress of this exam when you're struggling.
    Members of the forum are incredibly helpful if you have a question or need motivation, and are more than willing to keep you accountable when you're slacking. The webinars are also a great resource -- hearing from others who've succeeded on this exam reminds me that I can reach my goal if I continue to put in the work.

I'm in the same place as you, currently averaging 165 aiming for 170+ by the June exam. My diagnostic was a 147, and this community has played a major role in helping me improve and remain confident in my own abilities. If you get a sense that the teaching style and the community here are good for you, I would go for it!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@"Habeas Porpoise" said:
    I personally found the curriculum well-structured and I felt myself improving as I studied each section, so that was extremely motivating.
    But more than that, the community here is fantastic. I've made some amazing friends through blind review groups I've joined, and they keep me accountable since we meet up almost every week to mostly study together. We sometimes message just to chat, share our worries, destress, and motivate each other to do better. It's great when one of use finishes our journey, and it's even also great to have people cheering you on who understand the emotional stress of this exam when you're struggling.
    Members of the forum are also incredibly helpful if you have a question or need motivation, and are more than willing to keep you accountable when you're slacking. The webinars are also a great resource -- hearing from others who've succeeded on this exam reminds me that I can reach my goal if I continue to put in the work.

I'm in the same place as you, currently averaging 165 aiming for 170+ by the June exam. My diagnostic was a 147, and this community has played a major role in helping me improve and remain confident in my own abilities. If you get a sense that the teaching style and the community here are good for you, I would go for it!

25+ point increase incoming!

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@LSATcantwin @"Alex Divine" @"Habeas Porpoise" @goingfor99th

Thanks for pushing me over the edge! I will certainly be moving to Ultimate and making 7Sage my companion over the next several months. Support and and straight-talk is exactly what I'll be needing.

And, @"Alex Divine" , I'm sure I'll be hitting you up to get in on one of those groups.

Thanks again!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited January 2018 4423 karma

The community is great, the reviews are great, but frankly I think the biggest selling point for me when I decided to buy was the free logic games explanation videos.
    https://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/

Logic games were my weak section so I didn't even think I really needed access to the rest of the course, but bought it anyway for three reasons:

1. First the free logic games explanations were a clear cut above the competition. The techniques used were just better than those from the Powerscore Bible which I had been using before. They were more friendly to the user. And the mentality of foolproofing https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/
      was exactly what I wanted. Having seen the part of the material I was most interested in I wanted to support 7sage and see the rest. I did and it didn't disappoint even with the starter package. The core curriculum is basically an LSAT class and everything else is specifically designed drills you can do to improve. The idea of blind reviewing my PTs which was included and explained by JY in the core curriculum was as revolutionary to me as anything other than foolproofing.

2. The logic games explanations convinced me 7sage was an ethical company. They are trying to lower the cost of test preparation and even the playing field. Now they have to charge for their content to make a living, but a significant amount of the price of the more expensive packages is the liscensing fees from LSAC. If they give access to test questions, 7sage has to pay LSAC and therefore you have to pay them. I really doubt they are gouging anyone on the price.

3. The advice I recieved on this forum was great. I was advised to foolproof using the Pacifico Attack Strategy which was a modified version of foolproofing which lets you go a little faster created by a user.
      https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy
      This worked perfectly for me and enabled me to go from getting a 172 without completing the games section on the undisclosed February test to getting a 180 on the September test last year.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    3. The advice I recieved on this forum was great. I was advised to foolproof using the Pacifico Attack Strategy which was a modified version of foolproofing which lets you go a little faster created by a user.
    This worked perfectly for me and enabled me to go from getting a 172 without completing the games section on the undisclosed February test to getting a 180 on the September test last year.

Whoah - you got a 180? Damn. Wow. Good for you. That's totally amazing. I'll have to start looking up and reading your posts!

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

I love the fact that I can go back and rewatch any lesson. Having troubles with bi-conditionals, a certain LG game, or anything, go back and watch the lesson on it. If I pay 1500 for a class, and I need a review on a certain day of the class, I can't just ask the instructor to repeat everything he/she taught that day pertaining to a particular section. You gotta remember what you learned and take it home. With 7sage, I can go back and relive a whole study session and do it an unlimited # of times. Pressing pause, play, rewind, FF, etc., at my leisure. I also got in touch with one of the 7sage approved tutors in my price range and I just truly feel that what I'm gaining from this is money well spent. And I am a frugal, penny-pinching tightwad. I strongly considered an in-person class, such as Kaplan, but I've seen many comments on here of people that have had those courses and they say that the methods they're learning on here are so much easier to understand.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited January 2018 1866 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    25+ point increase incoming!

That's what I'm planning on! :)

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 2134 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:
    I strongly considered an in-person class, such as Kaplan, but I've seen many comments on here of people that have had those courses and they say that the methods they're learning on here are so much easier to understand.

Agree - don't do Kaplan. I am a former Kaplan-ite. Def learning more and better with 7Sage.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

It's a supportive community and it provides resources for basically all the levels of familiarity with this exam, it does admissions coaching, and it's there for us during the roller-coaster process that this sometimes is. I feel like on other sites they generally use an approach that's more like the old-fashioned way of teaching a kid to swim, whereas this site is more like an instructor and other students swimming with you and we help each other "keep swimming" as well.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

Whoah - you got a 180? Damn. Wow. Good for you. That's totally amazing. I'll have to start looking up and reading your posts!

Nah, that is too much pressure. My 180 is an 8 point increase gained mostly on the easiest section to improve on. I was just naturally good at two of the sections. If you want advice on how to improve and have problems beyond games look to one of the 20+ point increase stories. But it is proof that 7 sage is helpful for every range of scorer, from people starting very low to people starting in the 170s.