Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it true that someone always forgets a pencil (POLL)

hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
in General 973 karma

Since everyone is stressing about the LSAT results for Feb coming out this week (me included) I thought I'd add some fun into remembering our exam. I'd always read that there's ALWAYS someone who forgets to bring a pencil/the right kind of pencil into the exam and has to borrow. I thought it was a myth, but then there was actually someone who only brought mechanical pencils into my exam!

So what about you guys? Did your LSAT experience (whether in February or not) bolster or disprove the myth?

Seeing if the pencil myth is true
  1. Did someone forget to bring a pencil or bring the wrong kind of pencil to your LSAT?31 votes
    1. Yes, there was someone who forgot a pencil/brought the wrong kind!
      38.71%
    2. Nope, if there was, I didn't know about it
      61.29%
    3. Yes, and it was me (yikes)
        0.00%

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

It was blantantly obvious that a few people either never read the instructions or blantantly disregarded the instructions: cell phone use in line to enter the room, no supplies period (pencil or otherwise), one guy asked to use a fidget spinner during the exam, one person asked how much time per section and if she could work on another section if she had spare time. I saw them all in my one (of two) room of my testing center.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

There was a guy who brought a big clock to the testing room.....

Everyone was like:
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/31f0ed5c36e33606061f6e48618b4279/tumblr_muybn7aVWo1qfrue3o8_250.gif

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

yes and i had to lend a couple. no hard feelings tho :)

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited March 2018 1804 karma

Not always, but I did see two instances in two seperate administrations:

1. One woman who looked like she was still in college. Took out pens.
    2. Another woman who thought mechanical pencils were acceptable.

Each borrowed 2-3 pencils from me. Neither bothered to return them.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

TBH the most shocking thing I saw was one guy walked in with just one pencil

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

wow, that's a bold move... especially as it seems like the average LSAT taker brings like 15 (including me)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@hawaiihi said:

@"surfy surf" said:

wow, that's a bold move... especially as it seems like the average LSAT taker brings like 15 (including me)

Yea I brought like 30....

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I wouldn't call it bold so much as not smart. One pencil lead break away from messing up a $180 test.
    I plan to take a ton of pencils with me. Really falling for the Ticonderoga HB pencils (they're black). Very nice for bubbling.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@akistotle said:

@hawaiihi said:

@"surfy surf" said:

Excessive pencil crew. The proctors made a comment about how many pencils I brought.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

@10000019 said:

@akistotle said:

@hawaiihi said:

@"surfy surf" said:

Excessive pencil crew. The proctors made a comment about how many pencils I brought.

Same with me, lol. The proctor lady told the room I had enough pencils for the entire building. I told her they were my security blanket cause I've been using them for the past year on PTs and drilling. I promised my pencils they would part of D-Day with me. heh