Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Law School News

Comments

• @LSATcantwin said:
    Circkets....

Tumbleweed

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

Stanford's rejection letter was nice. :]

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    Stanford' rejection letter was nice. :]

Sorry bud...but I think you're pretty much settled on a school right? :D

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Guys....I know I'm a late applicant and everything but I'm really going insane with this wait. I don't know how the rest of you who've applied in the Fall are doing it right now.

3072 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@goingfor99th said:

Sorry bud...but I think you're pretty much settled on a school right? :D

Yes. I was going to say, "Now, back down on earth, Yale is a solid choice." :D

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@goingfor99th said:

Did you get it via snail mail?

I'm still under review :sweat:

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited April 2018 3652 karma

Just got Davis acceptance via email. in case anyone’s waiting on that looks like there might be a wave today.

@"Paul Caint" said:

@goingfor99th said:

Did you get it via snail mail?

I'm still under review :sweat:

Yes, sir.

It honestly was a nice letter. I welled up a bit. It was personalized, I'm pretty sure.

Good. That's the best place to be other than admitted. :] What else is left for you? Y?

3521 karma

@goingfor99th Ya just waiting for Stanford and Yale at this point!

209 people in the YLS Facebook group. They are trying to fill it up as much as possible before ASW.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

@mcglz_64 said:
    Any updates today? I'm expecting/hoping for some waves this week.

No news on my waitlist from BU. Waiting on yale too :(

I'm withdrawing from BU and so are a few people I tutor so hopefully that opens some spots and should put some money back on the table. It's an amazing school just not a good fit for me in Boston.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@stepharizona said:

@mcglz_64 said:

I'm withdrawing from BU and so are a few people I tutor so hopefully that opens some spots and should put some money back on the table. It's an amazing school just not a good fit for me in Boston.

Lol, Boston is actually one of few big cities I like! But, to each his own-best of luck!

13286 karma

Another WL today...Duke.

So now my Wait-lists are:

Duke
    UVA
    Penn
    Mich
    UCLA
    ND

Lol with these odds, I HAVE to be able to get off at least one WL right? lol

891 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Another WL today...Duke.

Duke
    UVA
    Penn
    Mich
    UCLA
    ND

How many more are you waiting on?

13286 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    Another WL today...Duke.

Duke
    UVA
    Penn
    Mich
    UCLA
    ND

How many more are you waiting on?

Three - one auto reject (yale) and then UCI and Northwestern

• @stepharizona said:

@mcglz_64 said:

It's good you found out before!

• Radhika.Radhika. Member
    214 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Just got Davis acceptance via email. in case anyone’s waiting on that looks like there might be a wave today.

Nice! Was there a wave of notifications from Davis as well?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@goingfor99th said:

Just got mine too. I also turned down WUSTL yesterday since it was their deposit deadline and it felt wrong to ask for an extension and string them along:(

I draw closer to Michigan.

13286 karma

Waitlisted at Northwestern .... lol fml

3072 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

You will definitely get off one of these waitlists. In fact, you may only need to tactically/strategically tell schools how many places you've been waitlisted to secure an acceptance.

I am not well-versed in the WL game, though, so best to check with someone like Spivey.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

You need to enlist Spivey's aid! Listen to me Anakin! Come back to the light!!

3521 karma

A decision letter has been sent from Stanford :sweat:

Fug 'em.

891 karma

I’m in a tiring cycle of checking and refreshing to no avail.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I know I should be grateful I missed the Northwestern waitlist wave that just went out, but so irritating to still not hear from them. Still just have Northwestern and UCI outstanding.

Spent the last several days visiting WUSTL and UCLA. I think it messed with my head even more, I really liked both schools for different reasons. I liked WUSTL way more than I expected to. If I end up re-applying next year, which I still think is my best move, I'm keeping them on my list. It was a fantastic visit.

3788 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I know I should be grateful I missed the Northwestern waitlist wave that just went out, but so irritating to still not hear from them. Still just have Northwestern and UCI outstanding.

Spent the last several days visiting WUSTL and UCLA. I think it messed with my head even more, I really liked both schools for different reasons. I liked WUSTL way more than I expected to. If I end up re-applying next year, which I still think is my best move, I'm keeping them on my list. It was a fantastic visit.

Out of the schools you have been accepted to, which one are you leaning towards

8392 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

Pretty much down to just WUSTL and UCLA. I really, really like both schools. I still think UCLA is a slightly better fit for me, mostly because of wanting to stay on the west coast and it would allow me to stay in the entertainment industry if I choose to go that route. But financially, WUSTL is of course a much more practical choice. And I did truly love my visit there. If the money was similar, and within my personal financial goals (loans under $100k total), I'd deposit at UCLA and not look back. WUSTL will always have the financial edge though, hah.

I think though if I can up my LSAT by a couple points and reapply early in the Fall, I'd be in a better situation even at both of those schools.

3788 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@"Leah M B" said:

Pretty much down to just WUSTL and UCLA. I really, really like both schools. I still think UCLA is a slightly better fit for me, mostly because of wanting to stay on the west coast and it would allow me to stay in the entertainment industry if I choose to go that route. But financially, WUSTL is of course a much more practical choice. And I did truly love my visit there. If the money was similar, and within my personal financial goals (loans under $100k total), I'd deposit at UCLA and not look back. WUSTL will always have the financial edge though, hah.

I think though if I can up my LSAT by a couple points and reapply early in the Fall, I'd be in a better situation even at both of those schools.

Agreed. Both are great options and you cant go wrong. I would prefer UCLA becausw although WUSTl has strong numbers, its in an odd location. Not necessarily closw to chicago or nyc and it places biglaw all over. Im not surw how they do in LA

3521 karma

Waitlisted at Stanford

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Waitlisted at Stanford

Get it.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited April 2018 4850 karma

@"Paul Caint" So you’re saying there’s a chance!

I know its not as good as an acceptance, but you are still in the dance. Congrats.

13286 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Waitlisted at Stanford

Congrats!!

3521 karma

@goingfor99th @LSAT_Wrecker @LSATcantwin Haha do you guys see this as a good thing?

Idk the realisticness of getting off the waitlist..

• Sak_ 6789Sak_ 6789 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Has anyone heard from Northwestern yet?

3072 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    @goingfor99th @LSAT_Wrecker @LSATcantwin Haha do you guys see this as a good thing?

Idk the realisticness of getting off the waitlist..

WL > rejection

Ride it out if you want. Of course, Stanford is one of the most difficult waitlists to get off of.

8392 karma

@sabah_khadri said:
    Has anyone heard from Northwestern yet?

Not me. :(

NU and UCI are my 2 I’m waiting on now. But I know they sent out a ton of WL and dings last week.

13286 karma

@"Paul Caint" better than nothing lol

• ZizouFriedaZizouFrieda Free Trial Member
    58 karma

@"Paul Caint" Congratulations—it is a potentially good thing, as opposed to a definitely bad rejection.
    @"Leah M B" Ye gods, do they realize many deposits are due today? I’m still waiting on 4 more: Northwestern, Yale, NYU, and Columbia. Expecting dings or w/l, based on results so far, but I do really need to know.

Can’t yet make final decisions, as I’m still waiting on scholarship info from 2 more T-14s. Sigh.

On the plus side, have officially announced departure from current tenured employment and am preparing to put our house on the market, so I’m committed to going somewhere!

233 people (13 administrators) in the YLS Facebook group.

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

I applied with the feb lsat and haven’t heard from anywhere yet. Most places stayed I would be at a “significant disadvantage” applying so late. Is that what that means? I am basically waiting until after deposits are in to be up for whatever possible seats are left?

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2018 1917 karma

@goingfor99th said:

Just curious, beyond the admins, are there other current students as part of the group?

I think, regardless, that there are very very few offers remaining, especially after that wave on Saturday night.

Yale is the only school I have yet to hear from, and I am 99% sure I'm not getting in. I just cannot fathom getting a 12 (or even an 11) on review. Looking forward to that rejection sometime this week and finally having full clarity.

Edit: To be clear, upon submitting my application I was probably 95% sure I wasn't going to be admitted.

8392 karma

Sigh, final nail in the coffin of my cycle, WL at Northwestern. Now just UCI outstanding but don't think I'd ultimately commit there this year at least.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Sigh, final nail in the coffin of my cycle, WL at Northwestern. Now just UCI outstanding but don't think I'd ultimately commit there this year at least.

When and how did you hear from northwestern? I'm just waiting on them and NYU

8392 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

@"Leah M B" said:

When and how did you hear from northwestern? I'm just waiting on them and NYU

Email received today at 12:49pm PST with subject line "Decision Letter Available", then logged into DLDS to download the letter.

3521 karma

Has anybody heard from Yale recently?

891 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Has anybody heard from Yale recently?

Huge decision wave Saturday

8392 karma

For posterity, this is the more or less final result of my cycle:

3.85 / 168

Accepted:
    UW
    Seattle U
    UIUC
    WUSTL
    UCLA

Waitlisted:
    Northwestern
    Michigan
    Cornell
    USC

Rejected:
    Berkeley

Still pending:
    UCI

If anyone is curious for more details incl scholarships and such, feel free to PM me for my LSN name.

I think I kinda underperformed my numbers, probably both because of late apps (end of January and mid-February) and the competitiveness of this cycle. So, feeling a little down but like retaking the LSAT to try to crack 170 and reapply is my best bet.

@AllezAllez21 said:

@goingfor99th said:

Just curious, beyond the admins, are there other current students as part of the group?

I think, regardless, that there are very very few offers remaining, especially after that wave on Saturday night.

Yale is the only school I have yet to hear from, and I am 99% sure I'm not getting in. I just cannot fathom getting a 12 (or even an 11) on review. Looking forward to that rejection sometime this week and finally having full clarity.

Edit: To be clear, upon submitting my application I was probably 95% sure I wasn't going to be admitted.

Some of the administrators are current students, so I don't believe there are any current students in the group that are not administrators.

When did you submit?

3521 karma

@mcglz_64 Of rejections, waitlists, or acceptances? or all 3?

891 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    @mcglz_64 Of rejections, waitlists, or acceptances? or all 3?

Sorry! Should have been more specific. All three I assume. I’ve heard at least rejections and acceptances