159 to 172 - an exercise in patience

rrodriguez00rrodriguez00 Alum Member
in General 67 karma

Hi everyone!

I started by LSAT journey about 1 year ago. Before I had even heard of 7Sage, I took a PT and scored a 159. Then I did some studying with some other materials on-off for a few months. Because I work a full-time job and because I am not particularly good at managing my time, I was very inconsistent with my studying.

I came across 7Sage last summer and decided to sign up. I slowly made my way through the curriculum over the next 7 months (again, I wasn't super consistent, but I always did my best to get back on track).

Yesterday, I took my first PT after finishing the curriculum. 172 (178 BR).

The lessons and materials on 7Sage are superb and really helped me get to this point. I'm feeling really good about practicing more and improving before I take the LSAT in June.

For everyone starting out, don't try to rush the process. If you have a lot going on in your life (full time job, kids, fighting crime), don't feel bad about taking a little longer to get ready for this test. I'm really happy that I didn't rush into taking the LSAT last year. I've been studying on and off for over a year now, and I feel really good about the position I'm in.

Comments

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

Congrats on the superb PT score and even better BR score!

I completely agree with the sentiment -- I also delayed a year in order to have more time to study. Went through the CC twice, and now I'm in a similar spot to you. The CC really does teach you all you need to know for the exam! After that, it's all about the timing and translating those good habits to test day.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    840 karma

Great post! Needed this encouragement!!

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

Huge congrats on the improvement and thanks for the encouragement!

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

Another 7sage success story to add to the archives haha

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats on that superb improvement! Everyone tries to rush because of a pre-chosen rate but that's not always helpful to your understanding of the materials, and I'm so glad you're providing an example of the power of patience and perserverance.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Great score increase. With a 178 BR, I would take your game to the next level and push to come closer to that 178 score. With a 175 plus and some good work experience you shouldnt have too much trouble getting into T6 schools.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Congrats! You give me so much hope! I need about a 10 point jump from my diagnostic testing. I think I'll get there. Still wrapping up the CC and then on to PTing before June. So nervous.

• CurlyQQQCurlyQQQ Alum Member
    295 karma

This is so relatable! I'm taking my time through the CC and I'm so happy with how much I've improved. This gives me so much hope. Posts like this make my day!! Greatest congratulations; I'm sure you'll do well in June.

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

That's great to hear! I had a similar diagnostic score and am still working to break the 170s. Highest has been 169 but then I bounced back down to 165 :(

Right now I'm just struggling to maintain a consistent study schedule and to consistently miss 5 or less on LR! I'm also aiming for the June test so these next 10 weeks are crucial. Congrats on your progress!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Thanks for telling us your story. This is awesome news. Great work!

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

@LindsMitch said:
    That's great to hear! I had a similar diagnostic score and am still working to break the 170s. Highest has been 169 but then I bounced back down to 165 :(

Right now I'm just struggling to maintain a consistent study schedule and to consistently miss 5 or less on LR! I'm also aiming for the June test so these next 10 weeks are crucial. Congrats on your progress!

Fortunately I just jinxed myself and scored a 171 on my latest PT woooooooooo!