Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Driving material

Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
in General 436 karma

Hi Guys! Wondering if any of you have good study-related podcasts that you listen to while driving? I have 2 long drives coming up and I want to listen to something LSAT studying/learning related... any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

The Thinking LSAT Podcast

The Law School Toolbox Podcast

In Plain Cite (actual law, not LSAT or law school)

Ear Hustle (Podcast created by a San Quinton inmate)

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

The Thinking LSAT Podcast is a good one

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

the Joe Rogan Experience

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

Hi Ham! I listen to webinars while driving haha

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

@teamteamvicster said:

7sage webinars?? do they play on the app?

436 karma

@Hamaseh_S said:

@teamteamvicster said:

7sage webinars?? do they play on the app?

I want to "study" while I drive so if I can listen to those webinars it would be amazing hahha I can't find it in the app

• skiatook89-1-1skiatook89-1-1 Alum Member
    175 karma

I listen to the webinars everyday while driving to and from work. I think I will give The Thinking LSAT podcast a try.

774 karma

Yeah if you go to Course-->Resources and then Webinars, you should find it on the app. I hook up my auxiliary cord and listen while I drive :)

• Jane1990Jane1990 Alum Member
    197 karma

@teamteamvicster Does it not use up a lot of data? I want to do something when I commute, but I only have 2 GB data per month :(

774 karma

@Jane1990 said:
    @teamteamvicster Does it not use up a lot of data? I want to do something when I commute, but I only have 2 GB data per month :(

Oh good point. I wonder if there is a way to download them. I am my own family plan with unlimited data (family of one?). :-/

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes webinars would likely use a ton of data. Wouldn’t recommend unless you have unlimited. I don’t believe there is any way to download them.

The Thinking LSAT is good. Above the Law also has a podcast that I like. Northwestern Law has a podcast as well called Planet Lex. There aren’t new episodes, but LST’s I Am The Law is really interesting, interviews with various lawyers discussing what exactly they do. Really helpful to hear what it’s like to work in different types of law.

Totally unrelated but I’m now hooked on Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness (from Queer Eye!) He’s hilarious and it covers really interesting topics. Basically, whatever he’s curious about, he finds an expert in that area and asks them a ton of questions. There’s the Armenian genocide, LA’s public transit history, pirates, cults... it’s a pretty big scope. If you enjoy him on Queer Eye, it’s the best!

edited April 2018 774 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Yes webinars would likely use a ton of data. Wouldn’t recommend unless you have unlimited. I don’t believe there is any way to download them.

The Thinking LSAT is good. Above the Law also has a podcast that I like. Northwestern Law has a podcast as well called Planet Lex. There aren’t new episodes, but LST’s I Am The Law is really interesting, interviews with various lawyers discussing what exactly they do. Really helpful to hear what it’s like to work in different types of law.

Totally unrelated but I’m now hooked on Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness (from Queer Eye!) He’s hilarious and it covers really interesting topics. Basically, whatever he’s curious about, he finds an expert in that area and asks them a ton of questions. There’s the Armenian genocide, LA’s public transit history, pirates, cults... it’s a pretty big scope. If you enjoy him on Queer Eye, it’s the best!

omg. I LOVE jonathan!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@teamteamvicster said:

@"Leah M B" said:

omg. I LOVE jonathan!

Honey, his podcast is:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oh9OAI1i0j32TmAUd/giphy.gif

<3

• 439 karma

It's generally not involving law directly, but I like intelligence squared. It's just like people debating a current topic. I like it because I think listening to people make and break arguments helps.

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@teamteamvicster said:

@"Leah M B" said:

omg. I LOVE jonathan!

Honey, his podcast is:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oh9OAI1i0j32TmAUd/giphy.gif

<3

Another vote for Getting Curious here! Jonathan is hilarious and there are tons of interesting episodes. Not necessarily going to help you with the LSAT at all, but it'll surely entertain you on your drive!

• toniafisher1toniafisher1 Member
    edited April 2018 87 karma

I made my own audio tapes that I listen to outlining strategies, etc. I drive a couple of hrs at least once a week and got to thinking abt time management! Works for me!

436 karma

@toniafisher1 said:
    I made my own audio tapes that I listen to outlining strategies, etc. I drive a couple of hrs at least once a week and got to thinking abt time management! Works for me!

Omg this is genius... can you share a little bit more about what you talk about? Do you talk through questions? What do you mean by outlining strategy? Thanks!

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

Not LSAT related, but law related. :smile: I'd definitely recommend the podcast "What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law." One of the hosts is a professor from UC Davis' law school. I took an undergrad con law class so it's interesting to see some of the principles and hypothetical situations we learned in class being discussed (and applied IRL). I've also found myself picking apart any sufficient/necessary statements I pick up on. :lol:

• Jamison17Jamison17 Member
    6 karma

Thinking LSAT podcast is gold! You will get unique tips and perspective about the LSAT and law school.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited April 2018 3652 karma

Just popping in to say you could listen to the webinars w/o data.
    When you're at home with wifi, just start playing the webinar so it starts loading/streaming on your phone. Leave the page open and dont open anything else (idk if that definitely disrupts the loading but it might). When you're ready to get in the car just rewind back to the beginning and turn your cellular data off for the app so the video for sure wont use your data, and hit play. I do this when I travel, i'll start playing a movie in the airport with wifi and just not close out of the page so it's mostly loaded and I can finish watching it on the plane. Not totally foolproof since you could accidentally click out of the page or it could not have enough time to load all the way but it does work.

• TheBatmanTheBatman Alum Member
    255 karma

@Pacifico started a good discussion about audiobooks

Here's the link:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/3035/audiobooks-to-help-your-rc/p1

• toniafisher1toniafisher1 Member
    87 karma

What I meant by ‘strategies’ is the best approach for each question type, etc. Also, some of the formal logic like argument forms. I’m big on repitition for retention!

436 karma

Thanks everyone!!