Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Tracker/Analytics

Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member

Does anyone have any solid examples of an excel sheet they put together to help track their progress other than the analytics feature that comes with our package? I can shoot someone my email if need be..

Comments

• Reissie73Reissie73 Member
    81 karma

I'd like to know this too :)

• L.EtrangerL.Etranger Alum Member
    72 karma

Following

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I just use the analytics and love them. Is there some reason you want a different one? Something missing from analytics?

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

What sort of variables are you interested in tracking? I use a spreadsheet to track my performance on sections (and I do find it helpful for keeping track of what material I've used), but it only includes the date, score, BR score, and personal comments associated with each section. I suspect, though, that you're looking for something more comprehensive?

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

I'm only asking for individual sections.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I just use the analytics and love them. Is there some reason you want a different one? Something missing from analytics?

I believe the analytics 7Sage offers is only if you take a full PT. I would love to do something like this for individual sections - I'm not PT'ing yet. I believe this is what @"Logic Gainz" is looking for also.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@"Leah M B" said:

I believe the analytics 7Sage offers is only if you take a full PT. I would love to do something like this for individual sections - I'm not PT'ing yet. I believe this is what @"Logic Gainz" is looking for also.

I'm confused now. Wouldn't any section come from a PT and couldn't it still be used?

8392 karma

Ok, I see what you guys are saying now. I personally sometimes still used analytics for individual sections but to avoid having a test with just 1 section, there's an option to check that says something like "score without saving" so you can look at analytics just for that section.

Also when I was practicing by individual sections, I would often work through 1 PT at a time and then once I had done all 4 sections, add it in to analytics and would save a note with it that said "taken in parts" so I knew that it wasn't an official test under timed conditions but taken by individual sections. Generally, my tests taken in sections trended the same as my official PTs so I was ok with saving them in my analytics.

• legallyspoonielegallyspoonie Free Trial Member
    15 karma

I would like to know this as well. I am looking to improve with RC and LR

2134 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@LCMama2017 said:

@"Leah M B" said:

I'm confused now. Wouldn't any section come from a PT and couldn't it still be used?

Yes, but there are no analytics for just any one section. The analytics are only for full PTs. Although it seems like @"Leah M B" has the solution - we have to check off "score without saving" in oder to get the analytics for only one section. I haven't tried it yet.

700 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" I've seen another spreadsheet with this exact same info. It must be sufficient to tracking weaknesses for many people.

@"Leah M B" I actually really like that idea. It's something to think about.

edited May 2018 8392 karma

Ah ha, found the actual thing @"Logic Gainz" and @LCMama2017

When you go to enter answers into analytics, there is a check box at the top that says "Do not save results". It'll score it as if you just didn't complete the other sections so like the full test score will be off. But you can see all the info for the section, question difficulty, question types, etc.

So I used that to get more info about how I was doing, as I said. And then as I worked through a test section by section, I would save it into analytics once I had a full test done and just add a note to remind myself that it wasn't done in 1 sitting.

2134 karma

Very cool. You are always so helpful @"Leah M B" !

700 karma

@"Leah M B" that is money. Thank you!