Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First PT post CC. I am shocked!

kwdardiskwdardis Alum Member
in General 155 karma

I am posting this because I want to share my experience with you and share in my joy. Firstly, I can't help but wonder how many other people have felt just like me. I completed the CC up to RC, not on schedule. Because of life, I had gotten about 3 weeks off of schedule. This concerned me a little, but I did full-proof as I went along. So that took more time than is scheduled on my syllabus. I completely skipped the RC lessons simply because I am so behind schedule and also because that has been my strongest section. I will go back and review that section now. I have felt quite a bit of internal anxiety because I am preparing for the September Exam, and considering all the discussions that I have been reading, I've felt this last month that there is no way I will be prepared for the LSAT like I had hoped.

Today, I am shocked because I did waaaaay better on this first PT than I expected. I went into it prepared to be disappointed. I have been out of the country for 2 weeks, on holiday. I have hardly studied. I did nothing to prepare. I didn't even review notes. On my first diagnostic PT, 3 months ago, I scored 151. Based on all of the discussions that I have read, I didn't expect to see much improvement from that right after completing CC. However, I am shocked because I scored 161 on this first PT, post CC, with a 169 on BR. Wow! I literally almost cried. You guys have no idea how happy this makes me. No idea. Though I went on holiday, I have been so diligent and so focused since February. I have cut out a lot of socializing and fluff in my life, so that I could study 25-30 hours a week. I have definitely put in the time.

All along, I have felt that JY is an excellent teacher. I haven't gotten tired, or bored, or disinterested. He has kept my attention, delighted me, confused me, made me laugh, made me think, but most of all, he has truly taught me the material. I am beyond impressed with how much I must have absorbed from JY's lessons and the CC. I am amazed. Obviously, I have 3 months to go and the actual exam to take, but I am more motivated than ever now, and I genuinely believe now that it is possible to get a good score by September. Who knows why I was doubting this. Maybe it's human nature. But I am no longer doubting myself. Thank you, JY and all of you on this discussion board for creating this reality for me. I am truly thankful and so, so grateful for 7Sage right now. Thank you!

I am looking forward to September with great enthusiasm.

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Awesome work!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Great! Doubt is part of being human but as my tutor tells me - doubting is a waste of time. So, good for you that you are no longer doubting yourself. You put the time in and now continue on PTing and beat the hell out of this test.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

Congrats Kathy!!! Your hard work is paying off! Also, I love that this came after you took some time off :)

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

That's awesome! Good work! I need to take a post CC test too. I've been drilling before I dive in.

• Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
    652 karma

I had a similar experience. I am fool proofing now after taking a few PT's. It comes as you practice. Do not be afraid to admit you have no idea what you're doing.

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

Congrats your progress is truly encouraging keep up the studying!

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

Ahhh amazing!!! I hope this happens to me too! I'm going away for two weeks to Thailand in July so I'm worried about my progress. You must feel amazing <3 <3

• MsMazamaMsMazama Alum Member
    154 karma

Well done! By the time September rolls around, you'll be ready.

• kwdardiskwdardis Alum Member
    155 karma

@AshleighK I actually think the holiday was very good for me. I studied very little, though I thought I would do more. In reality, I think the break was much needed and did plenty of good for me. I have come back refreshed and geared up for tackling these next few months.

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

@kwdardis said:
    @AshleighK I actually think the holiday was very good for me. I studied very little, though I thought I would do more. In reality, I think the break was much needed and did plenty of good for me. I have come back refreshed and geared up for tackling these next few months.

I agree! I always advocate for taking breaks but taking such a long break scares me. I plan to do light drilling and fool-proofing but I won't have great access to the Internet while I'm gone so I was thinking to do as much as I can and review later. I'm glad it found well use to you, good luck!