Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where is everyone in terms of studying?

hi there! I'm curious to know where everyone scheduled to take the 9/8/18 test is in terms of studying - are you PTing? still working on the CC? drilling LGs?

I was originally scheduled to take the 7/23/18 test but realized that I wasn't likely going to be ready for it so just pushed it back to September. I'm nearly finished with the CC (finishing up LG section) and will start PTing within the next two weeks. I've been trying to follow the study scheduled generated by 7sage but I'm currently about two weeks behind, which makes me nervous. but I'm pressing forward, studying at least 4-6 hours each day.

oh, also - how do you manage LG drilling, LR and RC practice, and PTing at the same time? I was planning on PTing in the morning, BR in the afternoon/evening (3 days each week, if possible), then 3 days each week alternating between LR and RC practice with LG drilling on all 3 days. I realize this sounds like an ambitious schedule and admittedly won't be able to stick with it all of the time due to personal obligations - if you would suggest any modifications, what would they be?

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2531 karma

Hey, so I’m just about one step ahead of you. I’m almost done fool-proofing logic games 1-35. It’s important that you fool-proof LG first so that you’re not wasting time in your PT stage thinking about that section. You just have to put the time in up front. As if it is attached to the CC.

I highly recommend that you watch the post-cc webinar. It gives you a good idea about the schedule in general and is an important next step after the CC for many 7sagers.

• cvaldez74cvaldez74 Member
    130 karma

thank you!!! as I'm going through the CC for LGs, I'm printing out the games and putting them in a binder inside page protectors for drilling (someone suggested this as an alternative to printing out multiple copies of each - great idea, IMO) - but I have one question: are the games that are being taught/used in the CC ALL of the PT 1-35 LGs or are they just some of the games? If it's the latter, where can I locate the others?

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

held off on PT for two weeks to drill RC. I am obsessed with succeeding this section of the test.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@tams2018 said:
    held off on PT for two weeks to drill RC. I am obsessed with succeeding this section of the test.

I feel you some weeks you do more PT's then others, because you are trying to master a specific section that is giving you a hard time.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@cvaldez74 said:
    thank you!!! as I'm going through the CC for LGs, I'm printing out the games and putting them in a binder inside page protectors for drilling (someone suggested this as an alternative to printing out multiple copies of each - great idea, IMO) - but I have one question: are the games that are being taught/used in the CC ALL of the PT 1-35 LGs or are they just some of the games? If it's the latter, where can I locate the others?

You can find the whole bundle farther down in the CC right after RC. There is a tab labeled LG Drills for PrepTests 1 to 35. :smile:

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@cvaldez74 said:

I was using the sheet protectors for awhile when I was working on LG but after some time I realized that it really wasn't helpful for me. Yes, it helps save paper but now I print out the games. At some point you should use pencil and paper to get used to it.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@alyhobbs said:
    You can find the whole bundle farther down in the CC right after RC. There is a tab labeled LG Drills for PrepTests 1 to 35. :smile:

I’m pretty sure that package is only included with the Ultimate+ subscription.

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

@tams2018 said:

I was debating this too but in my case, it would be LR. I'm going on vacation for two weeks but I don't want to fall behind on my PT plan. How did this work out for you? My aim is the September exam (I just finished the CC yesterday) but if I feel doubtful I might push for the November exam.

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:

@alyhobbs said:

It is. I have Premium and for LG I just type out the questions from the explanations. If the questions aren't written out I just listen to the videos and type as fast as I can.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:

@alyhobbs said:

Hmm it says under the course descriptions the foolproof method for LG is included under all the courses. I wonder why they would offer that as a method if they don't give you the materials.The bundle only has the logic games section for PTs 1-35 but not the other sections.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@alyhobbs I think the materials describing the method are available to all subscriptions. But, when I began with Ultimate, I didn't have all the LG sections compiled in the one digital document that I have now with Ultimate+.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

@AshleighK said:

@tams2018 said:

I was debating this too but in my case, it would be LR. I'm going on vacation for two weeks but I don't want to fall behind on my PT plan. How did this work out for you? My aim is the September exam (I just finished the CC yesterday) but if I feel doubtful I might push for the November exam.

Well, I did do 3 PTs and realized that my weakness during timed exams (and in some cases BR) originates with my reading skills (or lack there of) regarding reading for structure. I also noticed this weakness in LR. Its working better I believe as I am really getting to the heart of my issue with the exam; proper reading of the material.

First thing in the morning when you get up try and do like 10 LR questions before you start your day on vacation. That way when you come back, you won't feel like you have to start over. Or just re-watch the videos of the question stems giving you the most trouble.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

All done! Just helping you kiddos out :)

• cvaldez74cvaldez74 Member
    130 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    I was using the sheet protectors for awhile when I was working on LG but after some time I realized that it really wasn't helpful for me. Yes, it helps save paper but now I print out the games. At some point you should use pencil and paper to get used to it.

I totally see where you're coming from - as I was working on some of the games yesterday, I thought "wow, it's so easy to just wipe off the last question's rules - they should let people use dry erase boards/markers for the test!" and then immediately was like, "ah, better practice in pencil..."