Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✏️ Official January 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ✏️

Comments

• livesofotherslivesofothers Alum Member
    22 karma

@Guillaume said:
    Just to confirm, the comparative RC passage with privatization was experimental right? That one f$&*ed me up and I ended up guessing on half of the questions. This is the same section as the fungi and cacao trees.

Yes, this was the experimental.

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

@dchoi123 said:

@Guillaume said:
    Just to confirm, the comparative RC passage with privatization was experimental right? That one f$&*ed me up and I ended up guessing on half of the questions. This is the same section as the fungi and cacao trees.

Yes, this was the experimental.

Thanks! I'm glad this was experimental cause that was one of the hardest comparative passages in a while for me.

• DieseldudeDieseldude Alum Member
    edited January 2019 16 karma

user deleted

• AOganesyan1AOganesyan1 Free Trial Member
    19 karma

It might sound weird but did anyone think of the real LG games today being similar or close to any of the other previous LG games in the preps? I’m probably going to take the exam again in March and I know that I completely messed up the LG section and now I do not even really remember what the games were like, the only thing I remember was me being like what 🤦🏻‍♀️
    So, would anyone have any suggestions as to what Preptests should I look into in order to work on the types of games that were similar in today’s LG?

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

@Emily2122 said:

@katiewallace0918 said:
    I had three LR and found my third section (LR) to be hard. I had LR RC LR LR LG.

I had the same order and I feel the exact same about the third LR section. Maybe it just felt harder because we were nearing the end of the test?

I had the same LR RC LR LR LG. Felt the same about the third section! hard!
    Was that section real or experimental?

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    231 karma

@sshen2988 said:
    I had LR RC LR LR LG, I found the second LR to be the hardest but can't remember if it had 25 or 26 questions. If anyone remember the first questions on the real LRs that would be very helpful!

Same!! I felt the second LR was much harder than the others.

• PhilawsopherKing180PhilawsopherKing180 Alum Member
    26 karma

I had LR RC LR LR LG. My thoughts: Do these sections typically get placed in the same order as other people's? If so, anyone know which one was experimental. Because I had a rough go at the first LR and the 2nd and 3rd seemed to go great. LG was different than normal. No incredibly easy games and no incredibly hard ones. I'd guess I went -3 or -4, a couple lower than my average. I'm not sure why the bank one gave so many people issues though... RC was rough for me but hoping it turns out okay. The comparative passage took me forever at the beginning. Also, should I file a complaint with LSAC regarding my proctor? Someone had the same picture as their ID on their admission ticket and got turned away. They delayed the test 30 minutes so she could go home and make it back. It was close to an hour from taking our seats before instructions began. And they still wouldn't make an exception for taking a pee. If you're going to delay things half an hour for someone who didn't follow instrucitons let me go to the restroom, right?

• kapsharma1kapsharma1 Member
    17 karma

@AOganesyan1 said:
    It might sound weird but did anyone think of the real LG games today being similar or close to any of the other previous LG games in the preps? I’m probably going to take the exam again in March and I know that I completely messed up the LG section and now I do not even really remember what the games were like, the only thing I remember was me being like what 🤦🏻‍♀️
    So, would anyone have any suggestions as to what Preptests should I look into in order to work on the types of games that were similar in today’s LG?

Hey I felt the same way especially it not being the normal freebies. Maybe I did not to do enough practice tests but the beginning answers and language did not seem normal. The experimental i rocked but as I was doing it I felt it was too easy.

• AOganesyan1AOganesyan1 Free Trial Member
    19 karma

@kapsharma1 said:

@AOganesyan1 said:

Hey I felt the same way especially it not being the normal freebies. Maybe I did not to do enough practice tests but the beginning answers and language did not seem normal. The experimental i rocked but as I was doing it I felt it was too easy.

I know 😱 and now i’m trying to figure out what previous games should I look at to gain some perspective towards how to actually solve those games since I don’t really even remember them now and the exam is undesclosed 🤦🏻‍♀️ Like I don’t wanna take it again in March again and see the same games and not be able to do them again lol

• sommer-sharpesommer-sharpe Free Trial Member
    4 karma

Anyone find the reading comp hard?

I had LR, RC, LR, LR(25q), LG. Hoping the first or second LR were experimental. The last 25q LR went a bit better than the others.

4 karma

So I drank coffee for the first time before the test, I thought it would subtly wake me up.. Safe to say, the first 3 sections of the test my hands were trembling and felt like I could NOT focus. Was about to get up and scream.... It was insane. Never again.

4 karma

@kpj744___ said:

@sshen2988 said:
    I had LR RC LR LR LG, I found the second LR to be the hardest but can't remember if it had 25 or 26 questions. If anyone remember the first questions on the real LRs that would be very helpful!

Same!! I felt the second LR was much harder than the others.

Same! Second and first LR were hard dude!

• JCUI7455JCUI7455 Free Trial Member
    78 karma

Anyone who just took the international test? I was wondering which LG is experimental. The one with the weird production game at the end or the pet owner one? Thanks.

• HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

For anyone who had the LR RC LR LR LG setup, where the 2nd and 3rd LRs were 25 questions, I believe the second one that had a question about natural acid on human skin was the experimental. Anyone else remember that question? It was towards the end.

• liushuhan56liushuhan56 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Ok maybe I'm crazy but I had three LRs and I'm pretty sure the order was LR RC LR LG LR...This is driving me crazy cuz so far no one has anything that matches mine and I really need to know if my last LR is experimental :(

• stevencamendolastevencamendola Alum Member
    150 karma

No one tells you how fun it is to take the test on the day! It was like way more fun than the practice tests, which were already fun. Just flew by. I had a stroke of luck at the beginning, I open the test booklet to Section 1 and it's RC with a comparative passage about the dramaturgy of Athol Fugard and Michel Tremblay in foreign nations and I have read their plays and was also intimately familiar with the analytical context of the passages. I mean, it was an easy section anyway, but it certainly started me off with the feeling that the day was mine. I just felt really happy the whole time.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Is it just me or was the comparative passage familiar?

• AndybrewAndybrew Member
    41 karma

@jillianseymour75 said:
    I had 3 LRs: LR LR RC LR LG

If I recall correctly, the first LR with 26qs had a question about ghosts.

Do you know which one was the experimental LR?

41 karma

Did anyone find the LG extremely hard or was my brain just fried by then?

41 karma

@TeaLover said:
    Anyone feel this LG was so hard? I have been consistently getting -0 or -1 on LG for the past 20 PTs but I think for the LG today I might get -3 or even worse. With that being said, I do think the LRs were a bit easier than those in pt 85 and 86.

LG was sooooooo hard, I struggled a lot.

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

@Andybrew said:

@TeaLover said:
    Anyone feel this LG was so hard? I have been consistently getting -0 or -1 on LG for the past 20 PTs but I think for the LG today I might get -3 or even worse. With that being said, I do think the LRs were a bit easier than those in pt 85 and 86.

I thought the third game with banks was kind of hard and took up a lot of time. It made me run out of time and guess on a couple questions in the last game.

• vmorrone86vmorrone86 Free Trial Member
    edited January 2019 18 karma

@PhilawsopherKing180 said:
    I had LR RC LR LR LG. My thoughts: Do these sections typically get placed in the same order as other people's? If so, anyone know which one was experimental. Because I had a rough go at the first LR and the 2nd and 3rd seemed to go great. LG was different than normal. No incredibly easy games and no incredibly hard ones. I'd guess I went -3 or -4, a couple lower than my average. I'm not sure why the bank one gave so many people issues though... RC was rough for me but hoping it turns out okay. The comparative passage took me forever at the beginning. Also, should I file a complaint with LSAC regarding my proctor? Someone had the same picture as their ID on their admission ticket and got turned away. They delayed the test 30 minutes so she could go home and make it back. It was close to an hour from taking our seats before instructions began. And they still wouldn't make an exception for taking a pee. If you're going to delay things half an hour for someone who didn't follow instrucitons let me go to the restroom, right?

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I found LG to be incredibly challenging. It's not my best section but I still found it much harder than normal.

@Andybrew said:
    Did anyone find the LG extremely hard or was my brain just fried by then?

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

@KarateMaster said:

@Emily2122 said:

@katiewallace0918 said:
    I had three LR and found my third section (LR) to be hard. I had LR RC LR LR LG.

I had the same order and I feel the exact same about the third LR section. Maybe it just felt harder because we were nearing the end of the test?

I believe the second LR was experimental. That's what I've heard people saying.

• chillout34chillout34 Member
    167 karma

@Guillaume I did the first two of that one then bailed it, so I would have enough for the last one. I ended up having to guess 3 or so on that one. But it was better to guess on that one than the easier last one.

167 karma

@Guillaume said:

@Andybrew said:

@TeaLover said:

I thought the third game with banks was kind of hard and took up a lot of time. It made me run out of time and guess on a couple questions in the last game.

I did the first two of that one then bailed it, so I would have enough for the last one. I ended up having to guess 3 or so on that one. But it was better to guess on that one than the easier last one.

• Alexa2019Alexa2019 Member
    43 karma

Does anyone remember how many questions there were for the apartment game?

• kapsharma1kapsharma1 Member
    edited January 2019 17 karma

Nevermind

edited January 2019 167 karma

I'm going to keep posting on this site excessively as support for the stress of waiting for test results. Can't wait.

• jwilkersjwilkers Alum Member
    89 karma

LR was not too bad, but I was thrown off by an early question, I remember exactly it was #2 because I could not believe I was struggling with QUESTION 2!!!! It was related to medical residents, anyone else have thoughts on this one?

167 karma

@jwilkers said:
    LR was not too bad, but I was thrown off by an early question, I remember exactly it was #2 because I could not believe I was struggling with QUESTION 2!!!! It was related to medical residents, anyone else have thoughts on this one?

Yeh I messed up on that one but I thought that was because the guy beside me was on LG and rattling the shit out of the desk messing up my focus. I came back to that one at the end and realized I got it right the first time.

231 karma

@arina185 said:
    Thats what i had too! The second one had 26qs and was the hardest one for me too, and it was real unfortunately. > @sshen2988 said:

How do you know this one was the real one?

• neha.patelneha.patel Alum Member
    22 karma

I had three LR's. I'm hoping that the first one was the experimental because that one was the hardest for me. I don't remember questions from that section. But the second LR, first question was about Sara being the best runner. The third LR, second question was about the medical residents. Hopefully my last two were real.

231 karma

@Emily2122 said:

@KarateMaster said:

@Emily2122 said:

@katiewallace0918 said:

I believe the second LR was experimental. That's what I've heard people saying.

Man, I hope so! I let that 2nd LR throw me off on my timing, and while I fixed it at the end, that initial struggle makes me think I probably did pretty rough on that one compared to the others.

231 karma

@"neha.patel" said:
    I had three LR's. I'm hoping that the first one was the experimental because that one was the hardest for me. I don't remember questions from that section. But the second LR, first question was about Sara being the best runner. The third LR, second question was about the medical residents. Hopefully my last two were real.

I also had 3 LRs, but I don't remember a question about a Sara or her being the best runner. . .

• bendrummond33bendrummond33 Alum Member
    96 karma

If we had the same order (LR-RC-LR-LR-LG) APPARENTLY the first LR (26) and the last LR (25) are the real ones, with the second LR being experimental.

231 karma

@bendrummond33 said:
    If we had the same order (LR-RC-LR-LR-LG) APPARENTLY the first LR (26) and the last LR (25) are the real ones, with the second LR being experimental.

oooooooh, I hope so -- how do you know?

• josh.vontrappjosh.vontrapp Free Trial Member
    5 karma

I had two LG passages...one with apartments on three floors, bank branches (investment, loans, etc.), and computer installations and the other one was crazy: there was a game about a city giving 6 grants to three districts with parks, roads, etc. It was really tough. Was the apartments and bank one the real section? Also did anyone else find the second LR passage (with the porpoises) more difficult than the first?

• GucciFlipFlopsGucciFlipFlops Alum Member
    15 karma

@sshen2988 said:

I had the same setup, and the second LR had 26 questions, like the first LR. Really really hoping that second LR was experimental cause oof that one was rough

• neha.patelneha.patel Alum Member
    22 karma

@GucciFlipFlops said:

@sshen2988 said:

I had the same setup, and the second LR had 26 questions, like the first LR. Really really hoping that second LR was experimental cause oof that one was rough

Do you remember the questions you got in the second LR?

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

does anyone think that the projected -11 curve (from powerscore) for this LSAT is too low? I also wrote the NOV lsat and this one felt without question harder.

231 karma

@batniki1 I felt the same, at least with that one LR section before my break, and that LG (I had LR RC LR LR LG). I also took November.

• 1_2_aletsgoblue1_2_aletsgoblue Alum Member
    edited January 2019 47 karma

@"josh.vontrapp" said:
    I had two LG passages...one with apartments on three floors, bank branches (investment, loans, etc.), and computer installations and the other one was crazy: there was a game about a city giving 6 grants to three districts with parks, roads, etc. It was really tough. Was the apartments and bank one the real section? Also did anyone else find the second LR passage (with the porpoises) more difficult than the first?

I had this one too! And, yes, I found the second LR to be tougher than the first. The grants were mad hard but honestly before I got on this forum, I thought that section was real and it was just a miscellaneous game, much like the real estate game on PT 80 (I think).

Thank you for chiming in--I'd been very, very worried when I kept hearing that people were saying the first LR was harder than the second.

Were you LR-RC-LG-LR-LG?

• lsatstudent97lsatstudent97 Alum Member
    edited January 2019 61 karma

I had LR (26), RC, LR (26), LR (25), LG.

Really hoping that 2nd LR (26) was experimental. I think it had a question about "happiness levels" or something at the beginning.

• Homeboy93Homeboy93 Member
    2 karma

I had 3 LR's.
    LR-RC-LR-break-LR-LG
    2 of the LR's had 25 Q's and 1 had 26. Of the three of them, all had some easier questions and some harder questions. None felt particularly "weirder" than the others, and I think that if you noticed you had 3 LRs then you know one is experimental and are more inclined to start thinking one is "weird."

The first two logic games were pretty straightforward and easy with maybe 1 or 2 "time sink" questions in them. The bank one was a nightmare and it ate up all my time and I still guessed about half of the questions and I had no time for the apartment game (which was apparently easier) leading to me picking one letter and guessing it for every question of the last game. Here's to hoping I get at least a couple from that.

• dansykes94dansykes94 Core Member
    112 karma

I did the exam in the UK. The proctors were talking SO much throughout the exam. It was awful, I had the RC about the nature of matter or something and then the evolution of bipedal humans.

Going to complain to LSAC about the test centre. It was impossible to read it because the proctors were having a conversation throughout the whole thing in the room next door

• vmorrone86vmorrone86 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

@jwilkers said:

I had the same problem, and it really threw me. Was the your first LR section? It was for me I think.

167 karma

@vmorrone86 said:

@jwilkers said:

I had the same problem, and it really threw me. Was the your first LR section? It was for me I think.

For me that occured for the 25Q one.

• alexander.blake17alexander.blake17 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@mjmonte17 said:
    I had 2 RC sections, sequence as follows: RC,LR,LG,RC,LR. I remember one RC was wicked tough - praying it was the experimental.

We definitely had the same test, do you remember if the RC that everyone is saying is real was the 1st or the 4th section?

• alexander.blake17alexander.blake17 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@mjmonte17 said:
    I had 2 RC sections, sequence as follows: RC,LR,LG,RC,LR. I remember one RC was wicked tough - praying it was the experimental.

We definitely had the same test, do you remember if the RC that everyone is saying is real was the 1st or the 4th section?

@arina185 said:

@katiefleischer said:
    The real lg was the one that had the east and west with investments, etc and it also had the one with the 6 levels. I had two reading comp sections on mine.

The real RC is the one with a passage about astronomy and Native American rock inscriptions, if you were wondering

do you remember if this was the 1st or 4th section for those who had 2 RCs?