New: Training Modes for Drills, Sections, and PTs
You can now turn on training modes from the dropdown below Timing on the drill and section start screens. For PTs, it's on the left under Format.
We currently have 2 modes:
Immediate Feedback (drills only)
This isn't new. We've just moved it into the dropdown and given it a visible name. In this mode, you'll see the answer and explanation after each question or passage instead of at the end of the drill.
Anticipation Mode (drills, sections, and PTs)
This is new. Answer choices stay hidden until you click to reveal them. This encourages you to think about what you're looking for based on the stem and stimulus before you see the answers. You can use the three-dot menu to turn Anticipation Mode on or off in the middle of an activity. The change takes effect immediately.
Settings don't carry over: A mode applies only to the activity you're in. For each new drill, section, or PT, turn it on from the start screen.
******
Let us know what you think about these modes or any new training modes that you want to see.
17 comments
I use 7sage so often that when i notice something new i go to the discussion page and see that its an update
After using anticipation mode for 20 minutes, revealing the answers by choice should be an option on the actual LSAT.
I’m as guilty as anyone at both thinking I pre-phase every question while also diving into the answer choices blind, eager to see what new psychological warfare the LSAT has in store for me.
Anticipation mode changed my bad practice habits immediately. The LSAT, and test takers (future lawyers) would be better off with an option that gently forces us to acknowledge that we actually thought about a question before answering.
Thank you for this feature!
psychological warfare made me giggle because - exactly
Wow anticipation sounds insane.
Hehehehhehe
I think this is great! I think hiding the answer choices will force me to think about an answer instead of reading them immediately. Additionally, I wanted to ask, is there any way to improve 7sage on the iPad? I find small glitches occur and I have to restart the app every single time to fix it. For example, if I'm on a lesson page, the bottom of it where you mark complete/incomplete and the arrow to continue to the next lesson, freezes and follows you as you scroll in the middle of your screen instead of staying in the bottom. I hope that made sense! I love the 7sage interface as is but sometimes if I'm on the go, my iPad is better to study on than my laptop.
I've had very good luck with reporting bugs on mobile. The support team is very responsive and they patch the problems quickly.
Thanks!
Amazing!
Exciting!
Would it be possible to add anticipation mode in Blind Review as well? It would be incredibly useful to have those same features when doing BR.
This is really cool. This will make it easier to track my temperature on drills without writing down the conclusion, support, and anything else. With that being said, if there was a free response box or even multiple choice answers of question types, casual or conditional language being used, or anything else, I could see that being so helpful.
I’m excited to use this new training mode and I wish everyone a great day 😊
Love the anticipation feature because I need it, also hate it at the same time because I need it.
This will be so much more helpful for me to practice pre-phrasing without being tempted to jump into the ACs. thank you!
Thank you! I appreciate this update.
Is there a difference between selecting “I have something in mind” and “nothing in particular” ?
Not yet, but in the future there's a good chance we'll do something with these selections (track accuracy rate based on which one you select). We are also considering optional text fields before going to the answers so that it'll be easier to review what you were thinking on the question.