LR Tutoring with Sage Josh Cant Get Right | PT 35 | Monday, August 21, 7:30pm EDT

Comments

• mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
    146 karma

This group seems to take the cray with a grain of soy! Let's play! Looking forward to my induction, and ... no Jazz band rehearsal conflict this evening. :-)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Hey guys, having some technical difficulties. Will post with updates as I figure this out. Sorry for the delay!

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    edited April 2017 1018 karma

Oh good. I thought you were keeping me out again because I was late. again. lol

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Do you want me to try to start it? Vanessa had issues on Sat & I was able to get it started?

• H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member
    204 karma

Much like a Black Friday sale, so many people tried getting through the doors at once that the doors broke.

1018 karma

@"H O Thomas" said:
    Much like a Black Friday sale, so many people tried getting through the doors at once that the doors broke.

lol

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

yay! we're on!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"Bevs ScooterMinion" said:
    Oh good. I thought you were keeping me out again because I was late. again. lol

I'm finally joining tonight!

• sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

This is my first time joining.. I thought I was an idiot that couldn't figure out how to log on, lol.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

First time for me as well! I've got my schedule clear for the foreseeable future. Sorry I couldn't chat and join in on the discussions!

27822 karma

Alright, good news everyone! It took a partial lobotomy of my operating system, but after spending my entire day yesterday working on it, my computer is fixed! Thanks for the patience!

So, we talked about a few things I was supposed to post about, so I'm going to do my best to remember what those were. After working on my computer all day yesterday, I feel like my computer was not the only one who got a partial lobotomy yesterday, so remind me if I forgot anything!

Update 1: New time! In order to better accommodate the East Coast/West Coast rivalry, we'll be starting at 4:30 Pacific time! I'll let you East Coasters figure that out! (Nah, kidding, we all know y'all don't know how to do it- 4:30 Pacific is 7:30 Eastern.) If people need to come in late or leave early, that is perfectly okay, so no worries there!

If you are on the West Coast and there is a particular something you want to go over, post it in the chat and we will make sure to work on different things until you can get here.

Update 2: I think the other thing was that I'm supposed to find out about doing some footage. I'm getting on that today, and will update when I know. If nothing else, we can definitely use the diagnostic test, so may throw that into the rotation soon!

edited April 2017 1018 karma

Glad you got your 'puter working!

Please reiterate to attendees, "No spoilers please" when someone is struggling with ACs.

It's perfectly acceptable to jump in to help with the question, or sharing one's experience/thought processes one may have struggled with is certainly appreciated, but please don't say what the answer is!

1018 karma

@achen013 I hope it helps!

1018 karma

The link doesn't seem to be working. Am I doing it wrong?

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    edited May 2017 656 karma

@"Bevs ScooterMinion"
    Thank you so very much!

• calftempcalftemp Free Trial Member
    121 karma

Count me in! Thanks for doing this - great idea!

• 342 karma

Hey guys, long time. OK So now that I am OFFICIALLY registered for the Sept LSAT (gasp it got real now) I need to know how this works cause I am so in on Monday... Do I need to take the text and we discuss it??? Sorry bit out of the loop here but it is time to crank up my study time and this sounds like a bueno opportunity :)

• 342 karma

also I get off work at 8 CST that night and will be calling in late... I read that was ok but I just wanted to make sure I read that correctly lol

1997 karma

@TheCubicleEscapee nope you don't have to do the test before hand. Sometimes it's helpful though so you know which questions you had a tough time on and that way we know to discuss those questions in detail. Otherwise you can just show up and follow along.

We typically will ask the group which section they want to work on first, and then start working through questions. It's very laid back and informal so just swing by whenever you can!

27822 karma

Hey, welcome back @TheCubicleEscapee !

Use this as resource however you feel will benefit you most. There's no specific requirements or expectations. Just study whatever you'd be studying on your own, and as a part of that, use the relevant parts of the the upcoming PT. That's pretty much it!

• 342 karma

@"Cant Get Right" sounds bueno and I will call in once I get off work Monday! Can't wait to join in on this fun... I have been saving all my PTs for these fun parts :)

• 342 karma

pretty excited about this... I have been holding off on burning the PT tests for when I decided to take the test and I am just anxious to see where I am testing now... but until the Sept study group is official I am just going through the CC because even though I have completed it I am still falling for traps... freaking LSAC.

1018 karma

Welcome back, @TheCubicleEscapee !!

• dkim9214dkim9214 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

Would I have to have done this PT in order to get the full value of it? Or is it okay to work through with everyone when it's gone live?

1997 karma

@dkim9214 said:
    Would I have to have done this PT in order to get the full value of it? Or is it okay to work through with everyone when it's gone live?

It's not necessary. You can show up and just go along with everyone else.

The benefit to looking through the PT ahead of time is only to know which questions you'd like to review - otherwise, you aren't missing anything.

edited May 2017 1018 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@dkim9214 said:

It's not necessary. You can show up and just go along with everyone else.

The benefit to looking through the PT ahead of time is only to know which questions you'd like to review - otherwise, you aren't missing anything.

What Mellow_Z said.

When my week is tight and I cannot complete, nor BR, the entire PT, I print out the parts I'm working on in my CC, plus any other parts I want to work on in the session with Josh, et al.

Also, I open my hard copy of the PT we're working on so I can re-print any parts we actively go over (in addition to the parts I specifically want to go over), so I can make written notes for those other reviewed parts.

I usually end up having only 3-5 PT pages in hard copy to write on, as opposed to the entire PT. I'm not at the point of completing and timing the entire PT yet, but some are.

Hope this helps!

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

If you are not at the PT phase yet in your studying, should we hold off on joining this webinar, or would is still be beneficial to go through? Just not sure if I should burn the test, since it is an earlier PT. Or should I just finish the rest of my CC, and join you guys later?

27822 karma

Hey, great question @attalla253 . These sessions are meant exactly for people with such a predicament. All of the PTs before PT 35, we cannibalize for practice. We use 36 and up for full timed PTs. So these classes will always use material from those earlier tests. So burn away, and hope to see you next Monday!

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

Ok, awesome! I'll be there!

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    edited May 2017 1184 karma

I will be joining the next one, looking forward to overcoming my fear of Preptests :)

1018 karma

@"Michelle Juma" said:
    I will be joining the next, looking forward to overcoming my fear of Preptests :)

Josh makes PTs fun!

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

@"Bevs ScooterMinion" said:

@"Michelle Juma" said:
    I will be joining the next, looking forward to overcoming my fear of Preptests :)

Josh makes PTs fun!

If he can make PTs fun, then surely I will be attending every week :)

• mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
    146 karma

PT 23 tonight correct? (title says 24 next week, and we did 22 last week if I remember correctly, which is difficult since I got to sleep finally at 3:30)

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@mcb4LSUROXS said:
    PT 23 tonight correct? (title says 24 next week, and we did 22 last week if I remember correctly, which is difficult since I got to sleep finally at 3:30)

Not sure about why there was a jump but we will not be having a session tonight to the best of my knowledge. This is because JY will be doing PT blind review call instead. : )

Have a Happy Monday Night <3

27822 karma

Yeah, we are off this week everyone. See y'all on the 29th!

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah, we are off this week everyone. See y'all on the 29th!

Thanks for the update. Will it be PT 23 or 24?

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

Definitely joining in on this!

1018 karma

I think we're on PT23, right, @"Cant Get Right" ?

27822 karma

Nah @"Bevs ScooterMinion" , then I'd have to go in and change the calendar, lol. Let's just stick to 24.

27822 karma

And everyone, please note the date change. We'll be doing Tuesday rather than Monday this week. See everyone then!

1018 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    And everyone, please note the date change. We'll be doing Tuesday rather than Monday this week. See everyone then!

Noted, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it Tuesday night. Thanks for the heads up though! I should be able to make next week's, so I'll look for that night's date and PT #.

• rochelleb180rochelleb180 Alum Member
    53 karma

I will join Oldies starting next Monday, June 5.

27822 karma

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry but I'm not going to make it tonight. My dog, Mandy, died this afternoon and I need to take some time. She lived a very long, very healthy, and very happy life; even under the best of circumstances though, it's never easy. The room will still be open for you all to review, and I've made sure that there will be some great high level LSATers there to help guide the process. Have a good session, and I'll see y'all next week.

• kombuchakombucha Alum Member
    202 karma

@"Cant Get Right" I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Josh... rest in peace Mandy.

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Hey Josh, I am very sorry about your loss. Our dogs are family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out around here so that you can take the time you need to heal.

1018 karma

@"Cant Get Right" I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. <3

27822 karma

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Look forward to getting back to it this coming week!

27822 karma

See y'all tonight!

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    140 karma

Thanks for the great session everyone, I found it very helpful.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Which PT is next?