Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This upcoming LSAT...

BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
edited June 2017 in General 553 karma

Don't show weakness. You're ready. make sure to relax during the test if you feel yourself spazzing out. A little stress will keep you alert so don't panic if you feel your heart start to beat a little faster than normal. Fight or flight kicks in and you're going
to fight your ass off because you're no chump. youve been taking tests your whole life. It's nothing. Don't scramble when the proctor tells you to start. Take an extra second, breathe, and begin. Cool as ice. You've done this before.

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

You can do it. This is just PrepTest 81. It's nothing special. It's just like all the others. The others that you relentlessly prepared for and know how to crush.

This is your chance to shine. Embrace the moment as your platform to show just how good you are at this test.

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

Yes ???????????? PT81. No surprises. We've done it all. We've done these questions so many times, were actually looking forward to see how they try and ask it differently THIS time.

We actually need to get this thread going where people post WHY they're looking forward to this test.

i have a frien who says "damn dude, the stuff in the test is fun to answer when it's not a test" and to that I say, it's not treating it like a test man, I'm going to the LSAT center and essentially having fun. After all, how nerve wrecking can it really be if I know that I have many more attempts?

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited June 2017 1997 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:
    You can do it. This is just PrepTest 81. It's nothing special. It's just like all the others. The others that you relentlessly prepared for and know how to crush.

This is your chance to shine. Embrace the moment as your platform to show just how good you are at this test.

And if you need any more motivation than this, think of how excited you will be when you are done with the LSAT

FOREVER

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:

Amen!

• allanisraelallanisrael Alum Member
    98 karma

I feel the motivation and vibe on this chat! LSAT doesnt stand a chance- Not now, not ever! Haha! Crush it guys!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Like every test before it, how different can it be? Maybe an oddball game? So what? Keep calm and kill it. You could show my friend PT 29 and PT 80 and they'd probably score the same and not notice much, if any, difference. I think a lot of it is all in our heads!

You guys got this!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@AllezAllez21 said:

And if you need any more motivation than this, think of how excited you will be when you are done with the LSAT

FOREVER

Amen to that!!!

553 karma

Seriously guys. Like what r they going to do? Give us three easy games then throw in a misc game? Or just give us grouping and sequencing variations? LG is cake.

What about LR? They're going to ask us why an argument is flawed by giving us the answers?

RC?? Most of us slow down on RC cause we spend half our time underlining crap. They're going to ask us to read half a page and answer questions like an open book test?

Cmon guys, it's a cake walk!!!

I took the February LSAT and realized like its the SAME stuff!!! Once you've done all the PTs you realize that...and the reason I'm retaking is because I bombed it so hard because of test day stress that I left atleast 10 questions just blank. I got a 158. My best advice to anyone who has the material nailed down already isto seriously take a step back, go for a brisk walk or jog or run, get the juices flowing in your brain and go to test day confident. No weakness guys. Some of us have done calculus and chemistry and physics and engineering and whatever else it may be, and succeeded. The LSAT is easy for people who can successfully argue and reason, but half the battle is the ability to control your stress and emotions during the test.

I study at the library or at home. Both of which aren't completely silent and free of distraction. The test center will be quiet and you can think. I'm looking forward to that.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@Kewlaidd I love this so much. ^yup name the enemy/worst that could happen then go for the kill. I hope you can make it to the Pep Rally tomorrow and share that perspective!

553 karma

Update, I just PTd my lowest score so far. I look at my mistakes and they're trivial...totally uncalled for. And leading up to test day, it lead me to be a total try hard on this test.

Which brings me to my next point. Don't overcompensate on test day. The more you try and
    Over exert yourself the more it takes away from your attention to detail and other capabilities.

Don't run too fast or you will trip.

edited June 2017 4141 karma

@Kewlaidd said:

Which brings me to my next point. Don't overcompensate on test day. The more you try and
    Over exert yourself the more it takes away from your attention to detail and other capabilities.

That's so true! When I took the test before I knew how to study for the LSAT, most of my mistakes were from overdoing things and second guessing myself rather than trusting what I knew.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

thank you so much for this post, amen to everything everyone has said. we can do this! we have been for the last ___ heaven knows how long, it is fun, love what someone said about breathing and staying cool

553 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@Kewlaidd said:

That's so true! When I took the test before I knew how to study for the LSAT, most of my mistakes were from overdoing things and second guessing myself rather than trusting what I knew.

Yeah! Hey, if you get a chance can you check out> @"nessa.k13.0" said:

@Kewlaidd said:

Yeah! And I will definitely try to participate tomorrow. Also, if you're not busy or whenever you get the chance, could you take a look at my other post regarding LR (my most recent post)? id greatly appreciate your advice! Thanks =]

4141 karma

@Kewlaidd said:
    Yeah! And I will definitely try to participate tomorrow. Also, if you're not busy or whenever you get the chance, could you take a look at my other post regarding LR (my most recent post)? id greatly appreciate your advice! Thanks =]

Sweet! Yeah, I'll take a look and see what I can do :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited June 2017 27823 karma

@Kewlaidd said:
    Don't overcompensate on test day. The more you try and

Yeah, there is a lot of temptation to alter your testing strategies out of caution. Being aware of the fact that that will happen is a huge edge. Awareness will allow you to proactively and consciously fight it. Test exactly how you practiced. You are a finely tuned LSAT taking machine and you don't want to let anxiety dictate any changes.

• Hunt LindHunt Lind Member
    35 karma

Took my last PT today and got my highest score yet! Tomorrow I'm gonna rest up and walk into that room on Monday prepared to DESTROY.

553 karma

@"Hunt Lind" said:
    Took my last PT today and got my highest score yet! Tomorrow I'm gonna rest up and walk into that room on Monday prepared to DESTROY.

That's it. You're going to score higher come Monday. Good job. Now if I were you I'd do as much as I can to preserve whatever mental strength it was that got you that highest score. Chill out the rest of today! Feed your brain. Be sharp! And good luck Monday, I'm there with you buddy.

• mrodgers209mrodgers209 Member
    114 karma

Can I just say y'all are just AWESOME for this thread! I literally identified with everything said! We've got this guys! PT 81....I'm coming for ya neck!

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

Love this! We can totally do it. Just walking into the room knowing that we've put in more time, effort, energy, and tears (?) than anyone else is going to be a confidence booster in and of itself.

I actually think I'm more excited than nervous :smile:

• arezuriahiarezuriahi Member
    17 karma

This is sooooo dumb of me to ask I know (looking like im in great shape for tomorrow) but I cannot for the life of me find WHERE specifically the test will be administered at my location. Where did you guys find room info??? Best of luck to all! :)

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

@arezuriahi It's printed right above your picture on the ticket!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I'm walking in tomorrow with zero apprehension. My main feeling is excitement to see just how great my score is in 3 weeks! Haha

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

Good luck everyone! Like I mentioned on another thread, tomorrow's test is just the culmination of all your studying. That was the real work/test. Tomorrow is your opportunity to benefit from your months of sacrifice, endless drilling, and PTing. You are at the end of the real LSAT (the months of work leading up to a three-hour demonstration). You got this!

• melissa091melissa091 Alum Member
    150 karma

Yay!! Best of luck to my intelligent, capable, beautiful, and more than prepared, virtual friends!!
    Sending positive vibes today, tomorrow, and always!!
    Cant wait to hear about yalls killer experiences!! :)

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Best of luck to my LSAT brothas and sistas.

• arezuriahiarezuriahi Member
    17 karma

WE SHALL CONQUER AND DIVIDE ;) (get it)

• sagarpatelsagarpatel Alum Member
    164 karma

Does anyone recommend some light LR drilling before the test?

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

3.5 hours left! Good luck to all my friends on the east coast. And then onward to my friends on the west! Good luck good luck xx looking forward to my Larabar snack during break time and using my sharp as fuck palomino black wing 602 to slay this fucking test.