Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December Study Group: PT 74 (Sep 30, 3 PM EDT)

SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited September 2017 in Study Groups 10774 karma

Hey Everyone,

Our first meeting will be on Sep 30, 3 PM EDT. We will be going over PT 74. I am giving myself and everyone who took the September LSAT at least a weekend off, if they would like. So we will not be meeting this coming Saturday, September 23.

I am posting the link below to the meeting. The requirement for this meeting is to take PT 74 timed - no exceptions. If you have done this PT before, I recommend taking it again as a repeat. Please do not look at the answers or grade the PT before hand. Looking at answers before hand undermines the blind review process both for you and everybody else. I have noticed I learn the most when I have to blind review a PT with someone without knowing what the correct answer is. Also, try to take the PT as close as possible to the meeting date. That way you can remember exactly what you were thinking under time when you took this PT.

Here is the link to the meeting. Just click the link at the specified date and time and I will see you there.

70 Plus Series (December LSAT Study Group)

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/305261573

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (669) 224-3412

Access Code: 305-261-573

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##305261573
Cisco devices: 305261573@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://link.gotomeeting.com/email-welcome

@sillllyxo @"alexandra.lawson2015" @alyssamcc0593 @Sanchariesingh @jackigoe @"Lucas Carter" @CelerySoup @lsattaker10 @bklsat05 @mcb4LSUROXS @Gladiator_2017 @lewisdj1 @LSATNOOB17 @"Shazia..." @"lauren L" @M_Schmitz @RJmazo14 @lapuccio83 @KWoulf13 @"v.gavryushenko" @shermankrs @spitzy11 @amagari @"Grey Warden" @missmalocca @elisabethlam @"Waiting For Grey Day" @HereisSara @FerdaFresh @andreastocks @doyleorlando @Jlap1991 @

Comments

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

Thanks again!! See you there!!!

• lsattaker10lsattaker10 Free Trial Member
    76 karma

Will make it to the next one for sure! On vacation that week (last one before full on LSAT studying for december).

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hi - I just started the free course with 7Sage a few days ago. I previously used Kaplan and have been looking for a change and so far I'm hooked with 7Sage. Anyway, should I be further along in the course to join this study group? Or, since I already have experience with the test can I join this study group and see how it goes? I have a feeling my score will prob be close to my other PT scores. Thanks.

• KWoulf13KWoulf13 Member
    198 karma

Looking forward to this!

• lgsb0629lgsb0629 Alum Member
    100 karma

I've been drilling PT 1-30. I want to join this study session but I'm not sure if I should, considering I'm still drilling. Can anyone provide insight?

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hi - I just started the free course with 7Sage a few days ago. I previously used Kaplan and have been looking for a change and so far I'm hooked with 7Sage. Anyway, should I be further along in the course to join this study group? Or, since I already have experience with the test can I join this study group and see how it goes? I have a feeling my score will prob be close to my other PT scores. Thanks.

Hey,

I think you should complete the core-curriculum and when you are ready to take the PT's and start scoring in the range you like with lower number PT's then you should join the group. It all depends on if you feel like you are in the score range you would like to be in. If you are already scoring close to the range you would like to be in then yeah you can start taking the 70 series.

If you are not there yet, I know @"Cant Get Right" will be hosting LR tutoring session soon that cover the lower PT's. Those sessions are really helpful so I highly recommend them.

@lizg629 said:
    I've been drilling PT 1-30. I want to join this study session but I'm not sure if I should, considering I'm still drilling. Can anyone provide insight?

Hey,

It all depends on if you are ready to take the higher PT number series. I don't recommend taking them until you are scoring in your practice tests around the range you would like to see on your real LSAT. So if you havn't taken a PT in a while, I recommend taking an older PT series and see what you score.

This group is for people who are ready to take December tests. Being ready entails being close to the score range in older PT series.

If you are looking for just an LR tutoring session I know @"Cant Get Right" will be starting his free LR tutoring sessions soon. He will be going through older PT series. So I highly recommend those for learning purposes.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hi Sami - thank you. I am not scoring near my goal at all. I will look into the other study group. Appreciate your thoughts!!

• missmalomissmalo Alum Member
    72 karma

I'll be there! Thank you so much!!

• apawalterapawalter Member
    357 karma

Hopefully I'll be there too!! :smiley: Thanks for doing this @Sami

• apawalterapawalter Member
    357 karma

Just to clarify will we be BR this PT all together during this meeting, or should we have BR it before hand? Thanks again!!

10774 karma

@apawalter you can BR RC and LG on your own. But we will BR LR together. You can write your explanations down if you like, but you don't have to.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

How long do these sessions usually last?

10774 karma

@sillllyxo said:
    How long do these sessions usually last?

This will be the first meeting. But I don't intend to have it last more than 3 hours as I am on a study schedule.

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

bump:)
    Sami is great as we all know & this is a great opportunity for Dec test!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Sami is the best, and I wish I could join (but I'll be sleepless if I do so)!

10774 karma

@akistotle said:
    Sami is the best, and I wish I could join (but I'll be sleepless if I do so)!

I'll miss having you <3 but I totally understand the time difference between here and Asia. :)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

hey @Sami

I know this is a PT 70's only group, and I was just wondering if you have a schedule of the PT's/weeks or if you will be doing it based off of what PT's the group wants to do the following week?

also, sign me up! :) I've taken most of the 70's already but would def benefit from repeats and BR calls!

10774 karma

Hey @TheMikey

I touched on this in the previous thread but I am trying something new here. The order of PT's will be a bit different and we will not go on a set schedule and neither will it be decided by the group. I'll announce what PT's we will be doing the following week each time we meet.

And yeah, repeats are great for learning trends :).

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    177 karma

Will join the following week as this weekend is a holiday

Good luck guys and let's all jump back into LSAT prep!! WOO

10774 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    Will join the following week as this weekend is a holiday

Good luck guys and let's all jump back into LSAT prep!! WOO

Cool. See you then.

What holiday is it this weekend? I guess just prepping for LSAT can make you forget such things :(

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

Hey Sami! Do you think it's worth joining the call if I haven't taken the PT yet? I made a mistake and timed/BRed 70 instead of 74 -_-

4196 karma

yeah I probably won't make the session today because I don't quite feel ready to get back into PTing yet after the sept test, but I will more than likely join the next session :)

edited September 2017 10774 karma

Hey @"sorooshian.h" It's okay that you did that. It just wouldn't be useful for you to come to this one. But you are always welcome to join the next one that happens.

@TheMikey that's fine. If we have another session you are always welcome to join.

edited September 2017 4196 karma

@Sami said:
    @TheMikey that's fine. If we have another session you are always welcome to join.

sweet :)

I will probably do some drilling this week and then get back into PTing whenever you announce the next PT. Next week is definitely a go for me, though! ( thumbs up emoji )

edited September 2017 4196 karma

whoops, duplicate post

10774 karma

@TheMikey said:
    whoops, duplicate post

lol

Great. See you then.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Hi @Sami , so my understanding is you don't have a set schedule of tests coming up, right? Like you, I also took the September LSAT, and plan to do December as well, with February as a backup. I took PT 61 earlier in the week so I don't think I should join this session, however I am willing to join the following weekend, but you don't have a scheduled test next week, correct?

10774 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    Hi @Sami , so my understanding is you don't have a set schedule of tests coming up, right? Like you, I also took the September LSAT, and plan to do December as well, with February as a backup. I took PT 61 earlier in the week so I don't think I should join this session, however I am willing to join the following weekend, but you don't have a scheduled test next week, correct?

Yeah that's accurate. I will announce the next test we will be reviewing tonight in a post. So it will be up in announcement by tonight.

The 70 series will be split in two groups; one set for December and the rest for the February test. That way we can have enough new PT's to take the test again.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 737 karma

@Sami said:

The 70 series will be split in two groups; one set for December and the rest for the February test. That way we can have enough new PT's to take the test again.

That's a perfect plan for what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot Sami, I will be traveling out of town on that day, however I am still going to follow your schedule of tests, and attend the sessions whenever I can. Thanks a bunch for all you do here!

edited October 2017 10774 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    That's a perfect plan for what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot Sami, I will be traveling out of town on that day, however I am still going to follow your schedule of tests, and attend the sessions whenever I can. Thanks a bunch for all you do here!

My pleasure. <3 :) I glad the plan works for you.

• Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    339 karma

Hi, Sami. Is this study group still going on? If so, I would like to join for BR. I am preparing for Dec. & Feb. test.