Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-0 on the LSAT

FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
in General 172 karma

Has anyone ever gone -0 on the entire LSAT on a test day? Just curious... Thanks!

Comments

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

I don't know if there is anyway to confirm that beyond doubt but I am sure It's likely that "someone" has in the past.

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited September 2017 2301 karma

Yeah, I did it last weekend! Then, I woke up and took the real thing. If I am being completely honest (which you always should be), I liked the dream test better.

• FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
    172 karma

@Summer17 Thanks.
    @"Daniel.Sieradzki" too funny!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Oh definitely! I can't remember who, but some tutor had posted their score w/ proof that they indeed took an LSAT and missed 0 questions. It has been done! :)

• FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
    172 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thanks Alex! That truly is a great goal score, and the proper mentality to approach the test with as to do that the fundamentals definitely has to be down, among other things. Just having that kinda work ethic towards the test can't do anything but yield you good returns if we're mature about it. Just a thought...

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    Yeah, I did it last weekend! Then, I woke up and took the real thing. If I am being completely honest (which you always should be), I liked the dream test better.

LOL!

edited September 2017 708 karma

Honestly I think -0 is a combo of luck and skill- someone mentioned even JY got I think -1 or 2 over the whole test when he was taking PT 81.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

There was a tutor who did 2 180s. I forget his name, however if I remember correctly the LSAC was suing him for falsifying his statement or something. I think he got 3 180s and 3 in the 170s range. Anyone remember his name?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@FirstOne said:
    @"Alex Divine" Thanks Alex! That truly is a great goal score, and the proper mentality to approach the test with as to do that the fundamentals definitely has to be down, among other things. Just having that kinda work ethic towards the test can't do anything but yield you good returns if we're mature about it. Just a thought...

Absolutely. I've known of 4 people who have 180'd this test. The all used different study schedules and materials, but the one consistent was that they were ALL, and I mean ALL, aiming for a 180. There's just something about that mentality, you are correct.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:
    There was a tutor who did 2 180s. I forget his name, however if I remember correctly the LSAC was suing him for falsifying his statement or something. I think he got 3 180s and 3 in the 170s range. Anyone remember his name?

Dave Hall, from Velocity LSAT

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

there def are people who have gone -0 on the test

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

I've 180'd a few PTs, and I think one of those may have been a true -0. This is the main thing:

@sillllyxo said:
    Honestly I think -0 is a combo of luck and skill- someone mentioned even JY got I think -1 or 2 over the whole test when he was taking PT 81.

It is absolutely a matter of skill, but at that level there is definitely a certain amount of probability that comes into play. I do doubt that anyone has ever taken an LSAT with 100% confidence on 100% of the questions. For anyone with the potential to 180 a test, I think it comes down to the hardest 5-10 questions or so. Everything else has to be a given. On those final questions, it's just a matter of maximizing your probability. I think for essentially every -0 180 that has ever happened, there were almost certainly a couple of 60% confidence questions that came through.

708 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I've 180'd a few PTs, and I think one of those may have been a true -0. This is the main thing:

@sillllyxo said:

It is absolutely a matter of skill, but at that level there is definitely a certain amount of probability that comes into play. I do doubt that anyone has ever taken an LSAT with 100% confidence on 100% of the questions. For anyone with the potential to 180 a test, I think it comes down to the hardest 5-10 questions or so. Everything else has to be a given. On those final questions, it's just a matter of maximizing your probability. I think for essentially every -0 180 that has ever happened, there were almost certainly a couple of 60% confidence questions that came through.

Yeah I totally agree - obviously i'm not even close to that but i have that impression